christianity would hells you right there. just for liking/watching pokemon

让人笑。让人哭。 让人开心。让人生气。 让人希望。让人期盼。。
都是什么意思在心中 ~
(#12 (permalink))
Old
tohruchan7 (Offline)
ur so cute no matter what

dont get me started *snaps* - 12-12-2009, 05:18 AM

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! POKEMON!!!! seriously there was this one lady and i was at her daycare center when i was little and she was ooberly religious (witch really isn't bad, but any who) my little bro brought over his pokemon cards and she took them away saying that they are evil and that we as kids shouldn't be playing with them. it was ridiculous. at the end of the day though he got his cards back and we still brought them in and played with it. our parents obviously didn't have a problem w/ them so that was that. Y would u tell a 10 year old that??? come on it was our hopes and dreams to become a pokemon master that day and she ruined it!
P.S. digimon was ok except for the fact that they all had "mon" at the end of thier name. wat was with that anyway?

HUMANS ARE COWARDS IN THE FACE OF HAPPINESS. IT TAKES COURAGE TO HOLD ONTO HAPPINESS.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-12-2009, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reavyn View Post
I realize this may get moved...

Pokemon Teaches Your Children To Worship Satan - Pokemon - Kotaku

This is one of many reasons I would rather live in a country that is not big on religion. Thoughts like this are just too widespread where I live...
That is just so wrong and my son would feel terrible if he saw that..

POKEMON is a true legend as his popularity dictates..

Cheers - Oz
(#14 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-12-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilKyXxdreamXx View Post
omg -___-

christianity would hells you right there. just for liking/watching pokemon
AGAIN, what's with letting a thread that bashes Christianity exist when the rules do NOT allow religious topics? This thread really has nothing to due with pokemon, instead it mocks a religion (where as the person actaully being mocked, is a tv preacher that right there should tell you something). When he starts talking about children being able to Draw witchcraft. I've watched the series myself and I DO NOT see a connection to witchcraft. One term you could call it "legalism" Where rules supersede everything, and if you don't abide by those rules set by some folk in the church you a heathen (making it a requirement to dress in Sunday best... yeah) the bible teaches personal conviction, that if you totally fine playing Pokemon thing go right ahead. If you actually somehow fell like going spirit summoning you need to put it down and walk away (even if you not a Christian that should reign true..) Personal conviction is just that, YOUR conviction, don't put your self onto others... (just to make things clear there stands the ten commandments, and this so you should be able to figure that out for yourself)

You cannot talk about this topic without bringing religion up and discussing that.

That said, This video does NOT represent Christianity, if it doesn't qwak like a duck, walk like a duck it aint no duck.

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-12-2009, 09:33 AM

I do not mod this section, so all I can do is say please stop the religious talk. The video is fine, but we can't allow a Christian (or any religion) bashing discussion.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-12-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I do not mod this section, so all I can do is say please stop the religious talk. The video is fine, but we can't allow a Christian (or any religion) bashing discussion.
MMM, I did not know, you do not have control over this section.

that said, you do understand my plight in regards to what this would escalate into?

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

Last edited by solemnclockwork : 12-12-2009 at 10:22 AM.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
12-12-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
Fail troll.
He's right. Pokemon (the show), sucks ass.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Megabyte117 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-12-2009, 05:20 PM

Wait, this is new? When I was younger my mother would forbid me from watching the show saying it was evil and horrible (now it's something we laugh over). She wasn't Christian, Catholic, Jewish, etc. So, it's more an ignorance issue (I'd think) than a religious one.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Mortry (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-12-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabyte117 View Post
Wait, this is new? When I was younger my mother would forbid me from watching the show saying it was evil and horrible (now it's something we laugh over). She wasn't Christian, Catholic, Jewish, etc. So, it's more an ignorance issue (I'd think) than a religious one.
You should download/buy all the pokemon episodes now, and watch them in front of your mother
(#20 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-14-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
Unfortunately, I wasn't trolling at all.

I guess.. "fail troll" is right.

Try again.
Thought it was a troll because theres no way digimon could be better than pokemon lol

I agree with iphantom though, the anime was a load of rubbish. The games however have entertained me for more hours than I could possibly count. Saying that though, Diamond/Pearl was the nail in the coffin for me. They shouldn't have made more pokemon!

Story wasn't bad though I guess..

Soul Silver is amazing, though

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
Closed Thread