JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Formonitrile (Offline)
JF Regular

01-11-2010, 01:41 AM

Well, if Pokemon teaches kids to worship Satan, what about all of the AMERICAN children's shows nowadays? They're pretty Satan-Worshippy if you ask me, moreso than Pokemon could ever be. *Cough*YoGabbaGabba*Cough*
(#32 (permalink))
Old
CarleyGee (Offline)
staring at awkward legs

Send a message via AIM to CarleyGee Send a message via MSN to CarleyGee
01-11-2010, 03:43 AM

Honestly, when I think of Pokemon, it makes me think that they are
promoting animal fighting lol. I know that's not the point, but I can't
see it portrayed as evil.

Help my Cause for homeless teens!
http://www.socialvibe.com/CarleyGee

R.I.P Johnny
3-31-09

http://www.formspring.me/CarleyRenee17
Ask me any question
(#33 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

01-11-2010, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarleyGee View Post
Honestly, when I think of Pokemon, it makes me think that they are
promoting animal fighting lol. I know that's not the point, but I can't
see it portrayed as evil.
Yeah I see it like that too if any evil . . .
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Baubles (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to Baubles
01-15-2010, 03:49 AM

I remember my teacher said we couldn't play the pokemon tcg in class because it promoted violence. Lol.

All Hail The Crimson King

Last edited by Baubles : 01-15-2010 at 03:55 AM.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

01-16-2010, 12:24 AM

hahah!!! That's ridiculously funny, but I think they were being a little too overreactive.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#36 (permalink))
Old
jasminoodle (Offline)
JF Regular

08-30-2010, 04:03 PM

i am a christian myself and i understand what the man is saying about psychic things. we need to be careful that we dont take an interest too much in things like magic and stuff, but i dont think pokemon really shows witchcraft or anything.
as with most non christian things, you have to be wary of what you are watching, but you also have to make sure you dont take things too far, i mean that man was saying rock music was bad, when i know for a fact that if used in the right way, can be a beautiful way of worshipping God. there will always be good and bad things about everything, and as i am a human, i dont know for sure sometimes, so as a christian what i would do is pray and do whatever God says.
i think pokemon has some good things to it, like teaching you to love each other, work together and fight agaisnt evil. the first movie gives the message that we shouldnt judge people (or pokemon in that case!) just based on who they were born form or what we look like, which, i believe, would be something Jesus would teach!
so i understand the mans view, but i do think he has taken it to the very extreme, because at the ned of the day, you can see the things that really are bad and avoid them, and you can pick anything to pieces and make it bad even if its okay

dudes are like hippy vans-

i dunno why, they just are

ahh, see. i dont have a japan-related sig, even though i love japan and im on its forum. that makes me cooler than david blaine,jerry springer,kirsten dunst,fearne cotton and the POPE, mixed in a cauldron, shoved in a handbag and served up in a sushi bar. eat that noodle fans! XD

ahh, now it IS Japan related,
lol!
(#37 (permalink))
Old
jasminoodle (Offline)
JF Regular

08-30-2010, 04:05 PM

though yes, shooting each other and stuff and when people used to beat each other up over the cards was, still is very very wrong, dont do it guys! >.<

dudes are like hippy vans-

i dunno why, they just are

ahh, see. i dont have a japan-related sig, even though i love japan and im on its forum. that makes me cooler than david blaine,jerry springer,kirsten dunst,fearne cotton and the POPE, mixed in a cauldron, shoved in a handbag and served up in a sushi bar. eat that noodle fans! XD

ahh, now it IS Japan related,
lol!
(#38 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

08-30-2010, 04:16 PM

here is an epsiode were pen and teller from bullshit show these people who think games, cartoons are evil and show them how f***ing wrong they are
YouTube - Penn&Teller: The war on videogames Part 1
(#39 (permalink))
Old
bearclaw (Offline)
New to JF

08-30-2010, 11:00 PM

There's nothing wrong with pokemon, magic, rock or whatever he may be preaching about at any point or any circumstance as long as you can seperate reality from fantasy... if it happens that you can't then it's more broken psyche issue than it is pokemon (or whatever "thing" you're obsessed about)

yes
yes
yes
end fire
(#40 (permalink))
Old
bhl88 (Offline)
JF Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
08-31-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohruchan7 View Post
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! POKEMON!!!! seriously there was this one lady and i was at her daycare center when i was little and she was ooberly religious (witch really isn't bad, but any who) my little bro brought over his pokemon cards and she took them away saying that they are evil and that we as kids shouldn't be playing with them. *snip*
For radicals, religion comes before logic.

If Pokemon is evil, then any movie that has a beer drinking scene, smoking scene, etc. is more so.

Info on Lolita Fashion: TeamSugar LiveJournal

Closed Thread