LinkBack Thread Tools
(#141 (permalink))
Old
Riku8 (Offline)
C.E.L.L

04-06-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
If you would be so kind as to read the last three pages.. haha this is just something i quoted from one of my previous posts =P

Riku: If he'd wanted to rule the world, trust me, he wouldnt just stick to killing criminals and people who interfered with him. You'd see him threateneing the world government instead
But he clearly said at one point (Can't remember when >_<) that he will be a god and create HIS own world where he rules.And he isn't sacrificing lives to save lives hes doing it for his own means.

(#142 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

04-06-2007, 05:02 PM

Well he didn't sacrifice them as a last resort. HE sacrificed them because he wanted to. He was afraid that he'd be discovered. It isn't for someone to decide to kill people to make the world a better place, I am not religious at all, but in the world of DN only God himself is allowed. Of course I'd probably do the same thing as Light. But here we are trying to justify how he is/isnt evil. people always push and pull the rules of a game but if he wanted a pure world void of evil people he would find some other way to save everybody not just discard people because they are in his way.

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 04-06-2007 at 05:05 PM.
(#143 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
04-06-2007, 05:04 PM

Yes, he did say that, which brings us back to the real cause of his actions. And by "for his own means", it refers to a better world where people can live in, he's doing it for everybody. His means = the world's means.

IamKira: Good speech! I'm glad I'm not the only Light-supporter here

Kanji: Not wanted to, he had to. That's merely a theory. Anyone can do that as long as they have enough power. If the judge in court sentences you to death, that's it for ya. So you can tell that to him instead =P

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 04-06-2007 at 05:07 PM.
(#144 (permalink))
Old
Riku8 (Offline)
C.E.L.L

04-06-2007, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
Yes, he did say that, which brings us back to the real cause of his actions. And by "for his own means", it refers to a better world where people can live in, he's doing it for everybody. His means = the world's means.

IamKira: Good speech! I'm glad I'm not the only Light-supporter here
Well in my opinion he couldn't care less about anyone else but himself, I mean look at what he did to Misa, he doesn't care about creating a world where people can live, he cares about creating a world where he isn't opposed by anyone.

(#145 (permalink))
Old
風林火山

04-06-2007, 05:08 PM

I suppose you are right, {IN A SENSE} but I still believe he has evil inside of him, no matter what he does he manages to laugh at the deaths of innocent people and smile about it later. are you going to tell me that his evil looking laugh and smile is also part of his plan? no, he is happy that those people are dead. are you going to say that wishing someone was dead is not a thought of darkness? AND he fakes to love people and toy with their minds for his own pleasure and for his own goals.
(#146 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

04-06-2007, 05:10 PM

All you have to do i take a purely logistical and Machiavelian type outlook on the situation.....it's simple.....take a look at the outcome....take a look at the events....take a look at the situation and weigh it on the cause, which is the betterment of humanity.....Is Kira trying to help Humanity? Yes. If he removes the opposition will it get done? Yes. If it gets done, will humanity be better off? Yes. People would not act out in crime, because they would know it would entail death..... crime would go down to almost zero.....wouldn't that be worth the lives of a few so called inocent people? Yes.

IamKira
(#147 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
04-06-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
he smiles only because justice has been served. I would smile too, but I'll have to admit that taking a life is not really something worth smiling for.
My answer I don't think it's for pleasure though...

Riku: IamKira just answered it. That's what i've been saying all along.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#148 (permalink))
Old
Riku8 (Offline)
C.E.L.L

04-06-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
All you have to do i take a purely logistical and Machiavelian type outlook on the situation.....it's simple.....take a look at the outcome....take a look at the events....take a look at the situation and weigh it on the cause, which is the betterment of humanity.....Is Kira trying to help Humanity? Yes. If he removes the opposition will it get done? Yes. If it gets done, will humanity be better off? Yes. People would not act out in crime, because they would know it would entail death..... crime would go down to almost zero.....wouldn't that be worth the lives of a few so called inocent people? Yes.
You really think that just by killing all known criminals that will stop crimes, crimes will always happen even if its just to defy someone (ie kira) and you really think he plans to create a utopia, the betterment of humanity, what do you think he would do if he managed to kill all "evil" in the world, he would most probably seek power,threaten the worlds governments.

(#149 (permalink))
Old
風林火山

04-06-2007, 05:15 PM

people wouldnt commit crimes because they'd be in fear for their lives. people would be afraid to do anything so they dont stir the wrath of Kira. who would want to live in a world where they are afraid all the time? the world of Kira would be a good one, but lets face it, it is impossible to live in a world without evil. they balance each other, light and darkness, like all things balance. a world without balance is impossible. Like the Kira supporters, what if everyone else decided to oppose Kira, he wouldn't be able to kill them fast enough, and it would cause chaos and destruction. you'd almost have to kill off the world completely and leave it to the animals so it is peaceful. people have evil thoughts everyday. and not even Kira himself could keep the world peaceful forever.
(#150 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

04-06-2007, 05:21 PM

No....you guys.....the media is the answer..It would be such a widely talked about phenomenon....An unknown individual has the power to kill criminals without ever meeting them....from halfway around the world....in any time and place....The news could not afford to stop broadcasting about criminals and never would....This is also pretty simple....people would see that even misdemenor crimes such as robery would have death attatched to it....Most people are not willing to gamble their lives for a few thousand bucks holding up a liqure store....it's the fear that would hold them....

IamKira