LinkBack Thread Tools
(#151 (permalink))
Old
Rikku777 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Rikku777
04-06-2007, 05:22 PM

[post removed]

Last edited by Rikku777 : 07-03-2007 at 05:17 PM.
(#152 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
04-06-2007, 05:22 PM

That's the reason. The thought that crime will always happen spurs people like Kira on to put an end to it, no matter how impossible it sounds. Just because it seems so far away doesn't mean it cannot be achieved. All the more we shold strive for it. And besides, the word here is "probably". I would do the same thing too, if the world government was corrupted.

Being afraid of committing crimes is better than living in a world of sins and misdeeds. And kanji, the word is "if". It won't happen because he'll be supported by like-minded people who know that the world would be much better off without evil. Why afraid all the time if you dont' do anything bad? See what I mean? It forces people to behave well, which is better than what the world is now. furthermore
, even if kira himself couldnt do it, we'll help out

Oh Rikku, so there you are! =P Ok, basically, even if someone other than a criminal gets in his way and hinders his mission, Kira will still put the welfare of the rest of the world above that peson's life, so in this sense, the end does justify the means.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 04-06-2007 at 05:25 PM.
(#153 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

04-06-2007, 05:23 PM

that's what I just said. fear would rule the world. not peace. Thats not really a utopia its more like a nightmare. either submit, or live in fear. I'd be afraid to even look at someone funny for if I did, I'd think that they go and run to a Kira supporter and say I have evil intent.

Nard I wasn't talking about myself being afraid every one would be afraid. I'd love the world to be peaceful, but people disagree to much. sure it is something we all should strive for, but I am still trying to justify why I think Kira is part evil.

Leave it to Rikku-chan to come in all of a sudden and change a serious mood. lol

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 04-06-2007 at 05:28 PM.
(#154 (permalink))
Old
Riku8 (Offline)
C.E.L.L

04-06-2007, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
No....you guys.....the media is the answer..It would be such a widely talked about phenomenon....An unknown individual has the power to kill criminals without ever meeting them....from halfway around the world....in any time and place....The news could not afford to stop broadcasting about criminals and never would....This is also pretty simple....people would see that even misdemenor crimes such as robery would have death attatched to it....Most people are not willing to gamble their lives for a few thousand bucks holding up a liqure store....it's the fear that would hold them....
But surely most of the world would know by then that he needs a name and a face (from L's broadcasts) so all the criminals would have to do is never relinqish their names. But I guess I shall just agree to disagree with you. I think what Light is doing is very clever and good for the world but I think hes going about it the wrong way and that the power would go to his head. Like Kanji said there needs to be a balance of light and dark in the world.

(#155 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

04-06-2007, 05:27 PM

Plus......I just have to add something.....L does the same thing as Kira, just much much slower.....he judges criminals, puts them behind bars, and some receive the death penalty, or life in prison.....What is different about what he does? He chooses peoples fate....same as Kira......so Ha Rikku.....Kira is better as a fact....I don't need to make up a bogus statement about how he's better because I say he is.....I don't need to say he is....because it's true....

IamKira
(#156 (permalink))
Old
風林火山

04-06-2007, 05:31 PM

saying that Kira-kun, is like saying all the police and detectives are evil. I am trying to say that Kira is evil because he kills innocent people to make his world that he wants. L doesn't put innocent to death. he puts murders to death. but he doesn't kill anyone. he just solves cases, and helps the police bring them to justice. So ha to you too!
(#157 (permalink))
Old
Riku8 (Offline)
C.E.L.L

04-06-2007, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamKira View Post
Plus......I just have to add something.....L does the same thing as Kira, just much much slower.....he judges criminals, puts them behind bars, and some receive the death penalty, or life in prison.....What is different about what he does? He chooses peoples fate....same as Kira......so Ha Rikku.....Kira is better as a fact....I don't need to make up a bogus statement about how he's better because I say he is.....I don't need to say he is....because it's true....
But the way L does it is humane, also its not L who judges them (put them to death) that is the police forces job, and if their crime isn't that severe they have a chance to atone for their sins, whereas Kira kills all criminals even if their crime was as simple something like fraud or drink driving.

(#158 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
04-06-2007, 05:32 PM

Kira is impartial. Do you think he'd kill a person just because someone told him that person was bad? I've yet to see that happening in the series. If fear leads to peace, i hv no qualms. Like i said, if you dont do anything bad, u dont hv to be frightened of anything or feel guilty at all Tell me abut the disagreeing then, have you seen people who agree that crime is good? I highly doubt it. You cant judge a person by his surface and his attitude.

Riku: I'll have to disagree with you on that one. True, Kira had to experiment the power of the death note for a while to confirm it's genuinity, but after that, he goes after the 'bigger fish'.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#159 (permalink))
Old
風林火山

04-06-2007, 05:33 PM

well Kira doesn't kill people for fraud or drunk driving in the beginning, the Kiras do later on, because they are all getting worse and worse and more high on themselves.

It is kind of hard not to say things that'll give stuff away for people who havent completed the series. so I think some things I said are incorrect. Kira, or actual Light himself wants to kill murders and high class criminals. but he himself says later on that some one who had their criminal record lifted, he wont kill them, because they have already had judgement on them and their are Kiras who are worse then Light. He doesn't kill everybody for little crimes, as long as they have had jail time or something.

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 04-06-2007 at 05:37 PM.
(#160 (permalink))
Old
Riku8 (Offline)
C.E.L.L

04-06-2007, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
Kira is impartial. Do you think he'd kill a person just because someone told him that person was bad? I've yet to see that happening in the series. If fear leads to peace, i hv no qualms. Like i said, if you dont do anything bad, u dont hv to be frightened of anything or feel guilty at all Tell me abut the disagreeing then, have you seen people who agree that crime is good? I highly doubt it. You cant judge a person by his surface and his attitude.
Everyone would still live in fear as everyone has evil intent in them. Everyone has always thought of doing something bad, even if they would never act upon it they would still live in fear of "divine judgment"