JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
04-29-2007, 12:22 PM

I will, no worries I think.. unless he wants me to keep it a secret XD

Oooo.... someone was born with a silverspoon in her mouth...

bedroom action, wth?? So it's hentai then? X_X
Dang... I just thought of something... this thread doesn't limit the topic to just normal death note... oh boy.... >.<

Edited: Riku!!!! XD What's wrong with you?!?!? lol..... ._____. *cough*

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 04-29-2007 at 12:24 PM.
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

04-29-2007, 12:47 PM

Lol, you go, Kanji-kun XD~!!

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
Old
AoshiShinomori (Offline)
I wuvs Rikku the most! <3

Send a message via MSN to AoshiShinomori
04-29-2007, 01:52 PM

Analytically speaking I must agree with cooly on the Sayu case. Kira couldn't bring himself to kill Sayu because she was family. If he were truly acting like the cold blooded "justice" bringer then he would have killed Sayu alright. In fact his not killing Sayu might get him caught more easily because now Mello can easily deduce that the "kira" who had access to Police information and killed the director would have had enough information to kill Sayu as well, yet he let her go...why? That decidedly makes a connection between Sayu and Kira. Morever, N has probably deduced this as well albeit at the cost of his team...

As for L begin a little unprepared, I'd actually like to see it as L being a little slow to understand. He wasn't prepared enough is correct, but he was trying to be because the last thing he was attempting before his life was taken was validating the 13 day fake rule that Kira put on the Death note. Unfortunately for L that test would have taken 13 days to verify in the first place but he was too slow getting that out of the way and Rem was too easily manipulated. Eventually, luck played against him because he didn't understand enough of the Shinigami in time and in all probably he couldn't because Rem wouldn't have given him information willingly knowing that he would pursue Misa if he had such information.... Poor L ... but stranger things have happened I guess

and oh yeah! I love N ^_^ !

Omae mo kanjite no ka... kaze no koe?
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

04-29-2007, 01:59 PM

You know... the thing about you, Ao-kun... is that you speak from such a logical point of view that it is hard not to agree... and leaves little room for a debate XD

So bottomline is Kira won, tralalalal

Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

04-29-2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
But the director of the police force wasn't a criminal too. And Mello and Near have already figured out Kira has a means of access to police information, which would mean even if Sayu wasn't a criminal, he would have found out everything.
The Director of the NPA was not a criminal, that is correct, but the director is a public figure, he deals with people, so it is only natural that Kira would know him. He is out in the open dealing with the Kira case, Sayu is just a random girl, she is of no importance, she is a student, and doesn't have any special government job, so how would Kira know her unless they were related? Do you understand what I am saying? That is why Light didn't kill her, because there is no way that Kira could possibly know Sayu Yagami, unless of course, they were related some how. And yes, he may have access to police information, but Kira couldn't possbily know that Sayu is being traded for the DN. It is between The police and Mello's men. So unless Kira was in the police, which he is, he wouldn't have known. If he had killed Sayu, that would strengthen against him, the fact that he trully is Kira.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
Yes, he didn't know, he wasn't able to figure it out. That brings his intelligence into question. He was able to figure out many other complex cases, but that. What does that tell us? It tells me Light outwitted L with his advanced planning ahead.
The only thing Light planned is that he hoped Rem would kill L .... If Rem didn't do that, he'd have to think of some other way to get L's name. Yeah, he solved other complex cases, but they didn't deal with the supernatural, the power of the DN is out of this world, it has nothing to do with his intelligence... Okay, put it in these terms, say your best's friend's other friend had a secret love for your sister? How would you ever figure it out that he loved her unless he said something or you could read his mind? You wouldn't, Rem gave nothing away, she said nothing, Misa had pretty much just gotten the DN back, so unless L had more time he wouldn't have figured out Rem's love, he died to fast.

Quote:
Blah blah blah , lol, I don't understand why you're telling me this, but I already know them. L underestimated her... he did a lot of things as well... If she wasn't so smart... If L wasn't a detective... If L didn't have control over the police force... If L didn't exist at all... Deal with it, lol XD
This is not like you to come out write that, Your saying this now because you don't know what else to say, and I right?

I am dealing with it, I got over it looooong ago, when I first read it. ^_^ but are you dealing with the fact that Light could not defeat L on his own? He needed assistance, don't deny that fact.

As a Light-supporter, you should be trying to outsmart me, and prove me incorrect, not pointing out the obvious.

So what will it be Yagami-kun? *waits with tip of thumb in mouth for your reply* make it a good one.

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 04-29-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

04-30-2007, 12:31 PM

I'll reply to that tomorrow, Kanji-kun. I'm sorta feeling ill at the moment *slaps self* Of all times...

I used up my remaining 'strength' in the Do you, or do you not thread.. XD

So sorry... Gomen...

P.S. rare opportunity L folks.. Cooy's down and vulnerable now

Last edited by CoolNard : 04-30-2007 at 12:37 PM.
Old
drakenjecht (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-30-2007, 02:50 PM

~deleting deleting~

Last edited by drakenjecht : 05-15-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Old
AoshiShinomori (Offline)
I wuvs Rikku the most! <3

Send a message via MSN to AoshiShinomori
04-30-2007, 09:16 PM

Let's see if I can make it worse jecht ....j/k...

@Kanji-kun - The anime seems to branched from the manga then because the moment the director dies mello immediately makes the assessment that Kira has direct access to police information. If not how could Kira know that the director was being traded? Sure, Kira knows the director is a public figure, but without access to police files, Kira would never know about the trade.

Thus if the anime depicted that Mello had surmised that Kira had access to police files, it would only logically lead to the conclusion that Kira had access to the Sayu trade as well. Which is why him not killing Sayu might be even more disastorous than if he had killed her.

Of course the third observation to make is that simply killing each of the hostages would not aid Kira in anyway in finding the true identities of Mello and his gang. So it is possible that Kira let Sayu live because that would help him deduce (with Misa's help of course) the names and faces of the gang memebers based on some plot he has planned for the future. That way, Sayu as such becomes inconsequential. She is simply bait... first on mello's side to draw the police out and get the book and next on kira's side to draw mello out and kill him *this second part is simply speculation*

Nevertheless, on the whole based on the anime that has been telecast so far I'd have to say that Kira staying away from Sayu didn't seem to hint in any way toward criminal offences being absent on Sayu's end. Kira has clearly shown in the past with the FBI murders that anyone on his trail bites the dust, criminal or not. Why he left Sayu alone is either because he couldn' handle the emotional stress of writing his own family's name on the death note, or because he has a bigger plan to get at mello and his gang by letting Sayu live...

As far as L is concerned, I've got to agree with Kanji... Like I mentioned before I just feel luck has played against L. Rem wouldn't help him, Misa and Kira both had the death note and L was unaware of Shinigami powers and didn't have time enough to deduce them. All in all it resulted in his untimely passage out of this dimension *cries*

I'm not trying to hold up a debate, I'm just trying to clear up my understanding of the way the anime has portrayed Sayu's release and Kira's emotion.

All in All.. I'm AN L SUPPORTER! Go L!

Omae mo kanjite no ka... kaze no koe?

Last edited by AoshiShinomori : 04-30-2007 at 09:19 PM.
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

05-01-2007, 05:08 AM

Well in the manga Mello didn't speak about Kira having access to the police files, the only time anyone discusses Kira having access to the police files, is when L is first introduced, and he is still the voice over the computer. In the manga, he didn't kill her for the very reason I stated ^_^

And since I haven't seen the anime, and Nard-kun hasn't read the manga, then this debate is pretty much pointless. We both think we are right, because we both are right in two different senses.

But you did post up some very good conclusions there yourself Shino-kun, very well done ! I commend you!
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

05-01-2007, 05:33 AM

I haven't been watching the Anime, Ive been reading the manga more. I dont know why but I do.

*Any ways Kanji- kun whats up?*

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer."