JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
05-01-2007, 06:45 AM

Hi guys ^_^

So do you still want to continue this, Kanji-kun? I'm feeling much better today, so I think I'll be able to hold my own against ya =P

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

05-01-2007, 06:50 AM

I suppose. Give me what you got, Yagami-kun.

EDIT: 'Ello my bro Kuro-kun! Whats good? ^_^
(Besides Limegreen, I think we are the only two that has read DN.)
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

05-01-2007, 07:20 AM

The fact that Kira is able to gain access to police information doesn't only mean he has access to police files. It could also mean the possibility of him having planted some sort bug in the office so as to enable him to hear what was going on. And why couldn't Kira possibly have known about it? He found out about the director didn't he? How famous the hostages were doesn't matter if we're talking about accessing infomation here. So what if the director is a public figure? If the infomation was only between the police and Mello, that is irrelevant. Point is, killing Sayu wouldn't make Light any more suspicious.

He planned it because he was confident Rem would kill L. He knew Rem's way of thinking. There was no flaw in his plan with regards to that. Hoping = taking risks, and Light certainly didn't take any risks on that one. Everything went in accordance to his plan. Find out clues.. investigate... Talk to people... That's what I would do. This has nothing to do with the supernatural because L had already known about the shinigami. What he didn't know was the relationship between Rem and Misa, which I daresay isn't supernatural at all.
Also, it's not as if Light gave much of anything to L and furthermore, it is obvious Light is smarter than both Rem and Misa put together. So the only reason L did not find out about their relationship was because of Light's advanced planning ahead - making sure L died asap as well.

Uhhh... Not really. I'd say there's a chance L would have won if we took your "if" theory into consideration, but then, taking mine into consideration, it cancels out yours by a fair margin. Basing it on your reply, I can also question what else you could have said besides "if". I'm merely giving you a taste of your own medicine. What's done is done, "if" is only an excuse, apart from learning from your mistakes, which is quite impossible becuz in this case, L is dead.
Ahh... yes, Light had some help, from Rem mainly. But we can't say it was assistance because Rem wasn't the type who would willingly obey Light. In fact, she had threatened to kill him at one point. So you wanna bring assistance in? L had the police force. L also had Watari. Not to mention Light when he had lost his memory. Who do you think had more help?

I pointed out the obvious becase you did... It isn't necessary to outsmart someone who doesn't pose much of a threat, because you know there is nothing he or she can do against you in the first place.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 05-01-2007 at 07:24 AM.
Old
Yuri (Offline)
back from outer space :D

Location: near the sun, with the moon..kissing the shooting stars..this is where i am
Send a message via AIM to Yuri Send a message via MSN to Yuri Send a message via Yahoo to Yuri
05-01-2007, 07:23 AM

cooly! I sent you a PM, why havent you responded yet?

the real truth is often the one we dont want to hear
i am the tears that fall, you are the blood on my skin, we are mingled forever again, here we stand, hand in hand, but ill let go when my time has come, time for u to fly alone
Old
風林火山

05-01-2007, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
I pointed out the obvious becase you did... It isn't necessary to outsmart someone who doesn't pose much of a threat, because you know there is nothing he or she can do against you in the first place.
I have to go to bed now, so I am not going to read this all, sorry I wanted to debate, but you took a little longer to reply, and I got tired faster. sorry.

But I did notice this and I have to reply to you on this part:

Oh really? No threat am I? Nothing I can do against you? My dear Nard-kun, you amuse me with you simple generic replies. That is what anyone with power would post. You are naive in deed! How I will revel in your misery, when you collapse in defeat. Don't give me the big man talk, when you are just making excuses for your folly! You should be ashamed

EDIT: I changed my mind, I have to reply back, I can't stay quiet and leave.

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 05-01-2007 at 07:47 AM.
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

05-01-2007, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Oh really? No threat am I? Nothing I can do against you? My dear Nard-kun, you amuse me with you simple generic replies. That is what anyone with power would post. You are naive in deed! How I will revel in your misery, when you collapse in defeat. Don't give me the big man talk, when you are just making excuses for your folly! You should be ashamed
Lalala, did I say you werent a threat? No, I didn't And would you wanna feel like a threat to others? I highly doubt so

As for that statement, I was simply making a reference to your last bit on the obvious part, not you or your other arguments anyway
When I collapse or if* I collapse? Better watch it, Kanji-kun, cuz now you seem to be the naive one. It's best not to underestimate me
Excuses for my folly? Oh puhlease... I'm merely stating facts. If you can argue against it only then do you have the right to call it an excuse.
Why? Are you so speechless that you have no other way to challenge me besides calling it an excuse? Haha, judging from your intelligence, I doubt that, maybe you'd want to choose your words a little better when you contradict someone.

And you don't have to apologize cuz you've gtg! XD Nighty night, Kanji-kun

Last edited by CoolNard : 05-01-2007 at 07:49 AM.
Old
風林火山

05-01-2007, 08:14 AM

Quote:
The fact that Kira is able to gain access to police information doesn't only mean he has access to police files. It could also mean the possibility of him having planted some sort bug in the office so as to enable him to hear what was going on. And why couldn't Kira possibly have known about it? He found out about the director didn't he? How famous the hostages were doesn't matter if we're talking about accessing infomation here. So what if the director is a public figure? If the infomation was only between the police and Mello, that is irrelevant. Point is, killing Sayu wouldn't make Light any more suspicious
You mis-understand me, it's that, or you don't understand at all. Kira/Light has access to police files regardless, since he is leading the investigation saying that is obvious. But before Light wasn't in the task force, he hacked into the police computers. Now he doesn't have too, seeing how he inputs most of the information himself. He didn't plant any bug in the office, because he is in there all the time, doing research.

And I mean Kira couldn't have known about it, because Light is convincing everyone that he isn't Kira. Thus if Light wasn't Kira, Kira wouldn't have known about the directors kidnap. The director dying in Mello's custody was the work of Kira, which we all know. Since he died, the police assumed Kira had access to the police records. But this is not the case, Light is Kira, so he recieved the call saying th director died. He made the excuse that Kira must still be using the police force. He constantly makes up information to deceive the others. That is why I say Kira couldn't have known about the kidnap, because if Light wasn't Kira then Kira wouldn't know. And if Light wasn't Kira, the Kira wouldn't be able to plant bugs in the police headquarters, seeing how it is rigged with cameras, and the location is secret.

Quote:

Uhhh... Not really. I'd say there's a chance L would have won if we took your "if" theory into consideration, but then, taking mine into consideration, it cancels out yours by a fair margin. Basing it on your reply, I can also question what else you could have said besides "if". I'm merely giving you a taste of your own medicine. What's done is done, "if" is only an excuse, apart from learning from your mistakes, which is quite impossible becuz in this case, L is dead.

Your theory isn't a theory at all, it is how the story progressed, so you are stating facts basically. I am giving a theory to what would have happened if Light didn't have Rem, yes that much is true. It is hard to argue against facts, so I'll give you that much....

Quote:

Ahh... yes, Light had some help, from Rem mainly. But we can't say it was assistance because Rem wasn't the type who would willingly obey Light. In fact, she had threatened to kill him at one point. So you wanna bring assistance in? L had the police force. L also had Watari. Not to mention Light when he had lost his memory. Who do you think had more help?.
Of course it was assistance. L would never had lost unless of course a Shinigami wrote his name down. Rem willingly obeyed Light. She made the plan to kill L in the first place because it was for Misa. And since Misa was involved, and her happiness was at stake, Rem obeyed. Yes she did threaten to kill him, because Misa said that Light could kill her, if she was of no use.

The Police Force was of no help to L, none of the them really figured out anything on their own. The most the police did, was Soichiro have L to okay to place cameras in his home, thats all. Besides that, all they did was get in the way. All L really had was Watari. Watari had all the money, and got L his connections. But the assistance Light gets from Misa and Rem out ways L's help by far. Light's people had powers. No one on L's team had out of this world abilities. Misa and Rem could kill by just a look from their eyes.
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

05-01-2007, 08:41 AM

Yeah, but I'm speaking from the perspective of people who don't know Light is in fact, Kira. They believe Light and Kira are two different people altogether.
Even if Kira and Light weren't the same person, Kira would still have known about it. Like you said, the police assumed he had access to their records. So there is no reason why Kira wouldn't have known about both kidnaps. I'd just like to point out that Kira isn't dumb. Having seen how he'd escaped conviction even though L had rigged his house with cameras once. Bear in mind it was L who was observing him, and L isn't exactly dumb as well. So Kira could have actually done it, using the assumption of the other characters that he isn't Light. Lol, if Kira can access to police files, finding out the location is child's play.

No, I meant my theory about L not existing and those stuff., if you read my previous posts. That's why I also said "by a fair margin", because you were bringing up stuff that didn't take place in the series, so I decided to bring more of them up too

L would have lost if a human had wrote his name down as well, not only a shinigami. When I said "willingly", I meant if Rem had a choice. Apparently, Rem's love for Misa didn't give her much to choose from. If Rem did not have to kill L to save Misa in the first place, she wouldn't have obeyed Light at all. It was because of Misa that she killed L, not Light, hence, she did not willingly obey Light. The fact that she'd threatened to kill Light has already proven she wouldn't have obeyed Light willingly.

Agreed. But we're talking about assistance here remember? Not who had the better assistant. L had so many of them under his authority, one would think he could have utilized them better. L had quantity while Light had quality.

Last edited by CoolNard : 05-01-2007 at 08:44 AM.
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

05-03-2007, 03:25 AM

I'm still waiting, Ryuzaki-kun...

Old
風林火山

05-03-2007, 03:27 AM

Alright, I'm getting too it.... ^_^

But I just realized, why are we the only ones that get this deep into debates like this? I guess we really are Light and L

And it fits, your Asian, I'm not. Light is Asian. L isn't.

I'll be reading your reply now, and posting