LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
05-05-2007, 05:07 AM

1 point to light

1 point from ryuzaki ^_^

But it's not fair... what if someone isn't online to vote for one of the characters in time before they die? ><

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

05-05-2007, 05:18 AM

! taking points from L already?! I know. I don't want to log off now because I'll be pissed if L is gone tomorrow. >_<

Ryuzaki +1
Light -1

(so now its back to normal)

Quote:
Ahhh... So how would you explain how Kira gained knowledge of the director's kidnapping then? If Kira knew about the director, he should have known about Sayu's as well, regardless of their reputation as it was kept confidential. The director was kidnapped in the same manner as Sayu was, so there is no reason why Kira wouldn't have came to discover it. Therefore, Light killing Sayu would not put any evidence on him for being Kira, cuz it'd be like a repeat of history.
And what makes you so sure he would know about Sayu as well? Unless Kira had the know how of hacking into the NPA's police cellphone lines.... Okay, so let me ask you this then. Why doesn't he kill Sayu as well? If he was Kira, he'd kill her just to prove that he is not. Light is a suspect, so he lets his sister live? Why? What does he have to gain from letting her live? He'd sacrifice her to make his ideal world. So someone that thinks Light is Kira, can use that as evidence that he let Sayu live. Why because he loves her? (This might be worded strangely. sorry I am a bit drained from the day.)

Quote:
Your theory did not completely deplete the contest. So that's why the fact that mine did outweighs yours ^_^
typical response I should have known....

Quote:
Well, anything can happen. Looking at your last sentence for this paragraph, you've obviously seen it from my view as well. And that's why Light planned for Rem to kill L. He knew the consequences of letting L live long enough. It wasn't by any fluke that L died before he could figure out Light's and Misa's true identities.
Not sure what to say here so, I'll be frank.....If Light didn't have Rem, he'd never kill L. Oh but he did figure out their true identities. Before they were in prison. ^_^

Quote:
I agree. As I've already said, Light had quality while L had quantity. But there is no changing the fact that L had more assistants, that is the point I'm trying to make here whilst yours is that Light had more assistance*.
Bottomline, Light still won
Bottomline my left toe! >_< it is not for you to chose to end this dispute. ^_^

Light did have more assistance. The power of the Shinigami outnumbers any humans mind. L may had more numbers, but Light's numbers outweighed L's. And I know your going to say the quality/quantity.

I can't believe I got nothing more to say. You can't win this!

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 05-05-2007 at 05:39 AM.
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

05-05-2007, 05:22 AM

Always get rid of the one who poses the most threat first Basic war tactic *patiently waits for Kanji-kun to log off ^^*

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
Old
風林火山

05-05-2007, 05:38 AM

I replied to the next chapter in our DN debate....
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

05-05-2007, 05:53 AM

Quote:
And what makes you so sure he would know about Sayu as well? Unless Kira had the know how of hacking into the NPA's police cellphone lines.... Okay, so let me ask you this then. Why doesn't he kill Sayu as well? If he was Kira, he'd kill her just to prove that he is not. Light is a suspect, so he lets his sister live? Why? What does he have to gain from letting her live? He'd sacrifice her to make his ideal world. So someone that thinks Light is Kira, can use that as evidence that he let Sayu live. Why because he loves her? (This might be worded strangely. sorry I am a bit drained from the day.)
I think it's safe to say Kira is a very, very, very cautious person, even if no one assumes he is Light. If Kira could find out about the director's kidnap in the first place, there's no reason for him/her to make such a stupid mistake of overlooking Sayu's. I was waiting for you to say something like this
Like Riku-san and I discussed earlier... Light may have simply been too emotional... Or he could have had a hidden motive for letting Sayu live as Ao-kun said as well. Of course I'm not saying there aren't any other reasons, but these are the two most likely ones, I feel.

Quote:
Heh,typical response I should have known....
you shouldn't have tried finding any flaws if there weren't any XD

Quote:
Not sure what to say here so, I'll be frank.....If Light didn't have Rem, he'd never kill L. Oh but he did figure out their true identities. Before they were in prison. ^_^
Another "if"... .___. Don't even get me started again
He did, but then he decided against them in the end So no count

I'm not trying to end the dispute... It's what you think I'm trying to do... Don't be scared Kanji-kun.... ^_^ We pretty much agree on that last point then, so I believe we can bring that out now

Old
風林火山

05-05-2007, 06:11 AM

So we're pretty much just discussing the issue of the director now.

L is dead, yes, and there is no arguments I can make against it. Because that is how the story goes. Period. There isn't much point in debating it, since there is little to nothing to discuss here. And if there was, we definitely covered it.
All you really have to do here is recite the story back to me, and I am trying to go against what the creator intended

Yeah we both agree on the subject of more assistance. It's just the director now.

Quote:
I think it's safe to say Kira is a very, very, very cautious person, even if no one assumes he is Light. If Kira could find out about the director's kidnap in the first place, there's no reason for him/her to make such a stupid mistake of overlooking Sayu's. I was waiting for you to say something like this. Like Riku-san and I discussed earlier... Light may have simply been too emotional... Or he could have had a hidden motive for letting Sayu live as Ao-kun said as well. Of course I'm not saying there aren't any other reasons, but these are the two most likely ones, I feel.
So if Kira wasn't Light, why let Sayu live? Why turn a DN over to another side. A side that wants to get you? There was no emotion in Light when Sayu was going to be given up. All he was doing was thinking what would happen if she was to die right there. And let me say this, it is about the timing as well. If Light killed Sayu, right when he thought about it, she would have died when she was in that glass machine underground. He was listening in on what was going on with Soichiro. If she died before Soichiro put the Dn in the machine to get Sayu what do you think would happen? Do you think Light would get suspected? Since she died the moment it was to be traded?
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

05-05-2007, 06:33 AM

Quote:
So if Kira wasn't Light, why let Sayu live? Why turn a DN over to another side. A side that wants to get you? There was no emotion in Light when Sayu was going to be given up. All he was doing was thinking what would happen if she was to die right there. And let me say this, it is about the timing as well. If Light killed Sayu, right when he thought about it, she would have died when she was in that glass machine underground. He was listening in on what was going on with Soichiro. If she died before Soichiro put the Dn in the machine to get Sayu what do you think would happen? Do you think Light would get suspected? Since she died the moment it was to be traded?
There's bound to be a higher purpose why Kira would let Sayu live, assuming he isn't Light. I don't really know for sure, but my point was for you to understand that killing Sayu wouldn't have proven Light guilty of being Kira and that the fact that he did not kill Sayu wasn't because all evidence would point to him if he did. So my point was made.. On another note, who knows the true reason why Light'd let his sister live... I'm gonna stake on "higher purpose" though.

Heh, Light would never have gotten suspected.... If he wanted to kill, he would have done so waaayyy before Soichiro even reached the entrance of the mafia's secret base. From that angle of view, there really isn't any difference between how Kira killed the director and how he could have killed Sayu.

Old
風林火山

05-05-2007, 06:41 AM

>_< You win again. My brain is dry on what to say. Thats what trully makes you Light and me L. You are one step ahead........

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 05-05-2007 at 06:45 AM.
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

05-05-2007, 06:46 AM

Awww... Cmon, I know you still got loads of stuff to say... You're just planing to make me let down my guard by allowing me to think you're weaker so as to create an opening... Well, I ain't gonna, Ryuzaki-kun...

*sniffs*... You had to remind me.... ;_;
What time hv you gotta go anyway? >.<

Old
風林火山

05-05-2007, 06:51 AM

I should have gone hours ago. lol its 3am here. I should go to bed, but I don't want to log off.....

I think I'll post more of this debate tomorrow. Even though I want to come back right now, and not give you a win, I keep yawning. So I'll go and check out some more threads, and I guess that'll be all for the night.

EDIT: That's the beauty that is DN Kakashi, one of the most controversial stories of all time. We could debate it for hours, and I'm sure Yagami-kun and myself would never get tired of it. As a matter of fact, we'll need a new topic to debate on, after the director/Sayu one is settled(which will be soon)

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 05-05-2007 at 06:54 AM.