JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

05-14-2007, 02:18 PM

I can't believe I missed these posts ! I must have looked over it. *goes back several pages to find Yagami's debate.*

Oh yeah, since i stayed over Itsuki-kun's house again, I want you guys to talk since you'll be gone soon. So I'll cya later Nard-kun and I am sure you'll have a nice reply from me to what you just wrote!!! cya!
Old
MinamiItsuki (Offline)
As Yuna's guardian...I

Itsuki-Kun - 05-14-2007, 02:24 PM

Hey whats Nard-kun! God judgements shall pass over the world!
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
05-14-2007, 02:29 PM

Indeed he shall, Itsuki-kun!! In the form of Light! Obtw, long time no see, dude! how've you been? Oh, and tell Kanji-kun to brace himself if he's planning to start another debate with me, lol... He's not gonna know what hit him XD

P.S. my challenge to L-supporters are as stated on my previous post, if none of you caught it

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
Old
Yamamato (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-14-2007, 02:32 PM

i am ignoring most of the post here to avoid spoilers, but CN when would you recommend i watch the two DN movies? i have watched episodes 1-15 so far. so far i am with Light, i don't care for how L is doing his investigation over the past couple episodes.
Old
MinamiItsuki (Offline)
As Yuna's guardian...I

Hey Nard-kun - 05-14-2007, 02:39 PM

Hey i was at an anime convention recently and saw you and kanji-kun Cuffed together. he's on to you. ill put his name in the note:
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

05-14-2007, 02:39 PM

It should be safe for ya to watch the first movie now, since it gave me the impression that it was based off the first part of the anime.

As for the second movie, its ending and most of it somehow differs from the rest of the anime, so it's basically up to you to watch it whenever you want if you've watched the first movie.

Thanks for supporting Light btw! You rock XD~!

Edited: Lol, you're gonna either have to be a shinigami or done the eye pact in order to do that... But much appreciated if you can!

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 05-14-2007 at 02:41 PM.
Old
Oren (Offline)
glad to be back

Send a message via Yahoo to Oren
05-14-2007, 02:40 PM

Nard-kun your words make for a very good debate. But I must say that just because someone has the "right" to pass judgement on others that does not deem them righteous. Light is not out to judge others so that he might make the world a more peaceful place, although he DID start out this way. Eventually, tho the power you speak of took him over and now he will do ANYTHING to get what HE wants, not what is right for the world.
L was righteous in his way of believing that what Light was doing was wrong. While the world was being rid of criminals, it was being done so by commiting a criminal act in itself.

L was "right" in wanting to punish Light for murdering people, and Light was "wrong" in thinking that he could create a Utopia. No such thing could ever be possible

Just to add *sniffs* I do feel L was wrong for putting any amount of trust in Light. Oh the tragedy!! *faints!*

Peace Love Recycle
Old
MinamiItsuki (Offline)
As Yuna's guardian...I

What about the manga? - 05-14-2007, 02:55 PM

Hey Nard-kun? how come you dont want to read the manga of death note? The anime is good but you should atleast read the first book and see how good it is.
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

05-14-2007, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren View Post
Nard-kun your words make for a very good debate. But I must say that just because someone has the "right" to pass judgement on others that does not deem them righteous. Light is not out to judge others so that he might make the world a more peaceful place, although he DID start out this way. Eventually, tho the power you speak of took him over and now he will do ANYTHING to get what HE wants, not what is right for the world.
L was righteous in his way of believing that what Light was doing was wrong. While the world was being rid of criminals, it was being done so by commiting a criminal act in itself.

L was "right" in wanting to punish Light for murdering people, and Light was "wrong" in thinking that he could create a Utopia. No such thing could ever be possible

Just to add *sniffs* I do feel L was wrong for putting any amount of trust in Light. Oh the tragedy!! *faints!*
*huggles to Oren-san first* No hard feelings? ^_^ Ok, now that that's settled...

So are you saying the police isn't righteous then? Apparently, everyone else seems to think they have the "rights" to. What makes you think he's become so conceited now? Give me evidence of that and we'll see from there.
If one criminal act could rid the world of dozens of others, I view it as a noble cause. The end justifies the means.

L was wrong in wanting to punish Light because he wanted to make the world a better place to reside in. Just because it can't be possible, doesn't mean it is wrong. All the more we should pursue to achieve it. Let's take for example my dream is to become a lawyer. In my current state, it's practically impossible, however, there's always that possibility if I strive for it. I won't just resign myself to my destiny so simply without putting up a struggle. Have you ever heard of the saying, "Practice makes perfect?"

Indeed that was a wrong move L made. I'd expected him to be more intelligent than that actually.

Edited: Itsuki-kun, I'm not one would call, living in luxury right now.. Living thriftily for the moment =P

Old
Oren (Offline)
glad to be back

Send a message via Yahoo to Oren
05-14-2007, 03:05 PM

Yay!! Hands Nard-kun a bowl of tea *bows* Never any hard feelings

I'm sure there is a percentage of the police that are righteous, but how many people do not agree with the police? How many people are falsely accused of crimes and spent countless years in prison when they could be with their loved ones? Just because the police have the right to pass judgement does not deem them "Right".
As far as Light's conceit, well it's all over the manga. It's no longer what the world needs, it's what HE thinks the world needs. With great power comes great responsibility. You can either keep the power for the good of the world, or become consumed by it and rule the world how you see fit. That's what Light is doing.

Good Luck in your dreams of becoming a lawyer!! I'm sure you'll be great at it considering your debates on the forum actually make me ALMOST agree with you
Practice does make perfect, Nard-kun, but using the lives of people as practice doesn't sound very righteous to me

Peace Love Recycle