JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
MinamiItsuki (Offline)
As Yuna's guardian...I

05-14-2007, 03:13 PM

Well guys I guess that's all for me today. I actually have to study for a BIG test tomorrow so I'm going to get going for now. I hope to come back soon and talk again......maybe tonight. it was fun!
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
05-14-2007, 03:16 PM

Yeah, I have to go too, it's already waayyy past my bedtime, lol.. And this isn't an excuse to get away from the piercing words of Oren-san, lol, I'd give anything to test my endurance against them, but my dad... Different story, lol I'll make sure to reply to that tomorrow, Oren-san.. For now...

Cyah guys later!!! Oh, and say hi to Kanji-kun for me

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
Old
Oren (Offline)
glad to be back

Send a message via Yahoo to Oren
05-14-2007, 03:18 PM

Just as it was getting good!! Oh well! Get some sleep Nardy, you'll need it for our next debate!! MWUAHHHAHAHAHAHA!!

Peace Love Recycle
Old
MinamiItsuki (Offline)
As Yuna's guardian...I

05-14-2007, 03:56 PM

You guys type alot and faster then me too. oh well I'll get fast by coming on here after I'm done with school and I'll show all of you up in this topic! Light will prevail
Old
Katashi (Offline)
Signature Creator

Send a message via Skype™ to Katashi
05-14-2007, 04:52 PM

Curious, since DN ends in about 2 months time! Whats the new anime/char ur gonna fall in love with next Rikku?!

I still like DN, but I'm starting to lean more interest to other animes now that its coming to a close!

I love making signatures, if you'd like a custom one from me, just ask in my siggy thread!
*My Custom Signatures Album* ~ *Katashi's Signature Request Thread*
Misa Amane Gothic Lolita Video
Old
Katashi (Offline)
Signature Creator

Send a message via Skype™ to Katashi
05-14-2007, 04:58 PM

Yeah I knew u'd say that, but u didn't answer my ? hehe

I love making signatures, if you'd like a custom one from me, just ask in my siggy thread!
*My Custom Signatures Album* ~ *Katashi's Signature Request Thread*
Misa Amane Gothic Lolita Video
Old
drakenjecht (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-14-2007, 05:53 PM

~deleting deleting~

Last edited by drakenjecht : 05-15-2019 at 03:18 PM.
Old
Erlinwin (Offline)
New to JF

05-15-2007, 03:29 AM

hei guys, do you know about DN 13?
Old
Yuri (Offline)
back from outer space :D

Location: near the sun, with the moon..kissing the shooting stars..this is where i am
Send a message via AIM to Yuri Send a message via MSN to Yuri Send a message via Yahoo to Yuri
05-15-2007, 03:36 AM

kanji-san, you nvr answered me, can i be sayu please?

the real truth is often the one we dont want to hear
i am the tears that fall, you are the blood on my skin, we are mingled forever again, here we stand, hand in hand, but ill let go when my time has come, time for u to fly alone
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
05-15-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren View Post
I'm sure there is a percentage of the police that are righteous, but how many people do not agree with the police? How many people are falsely accused of crimes and spent countless years in prison when they could be with their loved ones? Just because the police have the right to pass judgement does not deem them "Right".

As far as Light's conceit, well it's all over the manga. It's no longer what the world needs, it's what HE thinks the world needs. With great power comes great responsibility. You can either keep the power for the good of the world, or become consumed by it and rule the world how you see fit. That's what Light is doing.

Good Luck in your dreams of becoming a lawyer!! I'm sure you'll be great at it considering your debates on the forum actually make me ALMOST agree with you
Practice does make perfect, Nard-kun, but using the lives of people as practice doesn't sound very righteous to me
Similarly, I'm also sure there is at least, a percentage of Light that is righteous. There are quite a few who do not agree with the police, just as there are few who don't agree with Light, so from here, it's obvious why I pointed out the similarities of both Light and the police and their main difference ~ "Rights". Oh and by the way, except from when he was in the early stages of using the deathnote, Light only kills the 'big fish' now (and those who get in his way of justice), and when I say 'big fish', I refer to those who've been confirmed to have committed serious crimes and have strong concrete evidence against them. Thus, this is the reason I say the one who has more power is deemed "right". The more power you have, the more priviledges you enjoy. That's the world now.

It's NOT what he thinks the world needs because apparently, there are many people in and out of the anime who are like-minded and are in full support of Light. What do you think he is doing wrong then? I still don't see any evidence of what you're accusing Light of. And from what I feel, Light is ruling the world how he sees fit, and he sees it fit because it's for the good of the world.

Lol, I didn't say I wanted to become one, I was just making it an example, haha
All for the sake of creating a better world, Oren-san. No one specified that practice should only be limited to inanimated objects. Apart from that, although it might not sound righteous, as I've already mentioned, the ends always justify the means. If a murderer isn't caught, what's to stop him from killing someone again? So if I had to kill a million people to save a billion from being murdered, I'd do so without hesitations. And if you're gonna say Light himself is a murderer, I can confidently say that without him, the crime rates would definitely be higher and that includes murder.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 05-15-2007 at 12:26 PM.