JF Old Timer

05-17-2007, 12:45 PM

lol i will never reveal my true self to you guys, can't be trusted

*blocks rikku from hacking his pc as well*
Old
Yamamato (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-17-2007, 01:04 PM

no fair And no locking me away, i just escaped the closet JO_Kitty locked me into.
Old
Yamamato (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-17-2007, 01:13 PM

watched 21 last night. i got up to 30 downloaded. i don't like how Misa showed that guy she was the 2nd Kira. even if it gets him caught, if it comes up how she made him show himself she is screwed. Guess i will have to watch to find out.
Old
Yamamato (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-17-2007, 01:16 PM

is 25 a really big one? seems so from how you guys talk about it.
Old
Katashi (Offline)
Signature Creator

Send a message via Skype™ to Katashi
05-17-2007, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikku777 View Post
Misa is a retard, lol. A total ditz...
oh, now thats just mean!

I love making signatures, if you'd like a custom one from me, just ask in my siggy thread!
*My Custom Signatures Album* ~ *Katashi's Signature Request Thread*
Misa Amane Gothic Lolita Video
Old
Yamamato (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-17-2007, 01:33 PM

i don't think i could ever hate on Misa like that. Hrm maybe with what you said i will watch 25/26 back to back since i usually watch episodes before i go to bed so would suck with that kind of cliff hanger and have to wait a day to see the next episode.

btw Rikku, do you know any one that used green text?
Old
Yamamato (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-17-2007, 01:41 PM

So you can't stand yourself huh? *chuckles*
Yea but lime green is horrible to read, this is sea green, not so bad.
Old
Yamamato (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-17-2007, 01:46 PM

I am glad it passes your approval, was worried i'd get locked in that closet again sigh i want to go home and watch DN so bad hah, i think i know what's going to happen partly in 25 too.
Old
Yamamato (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-17-2007, 01:59 PM

I bet, well talk to you later off to do some work.
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
05-17-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikku777 View Post
Yeah the crime rate drops. Why? Fear. Tyrannical ruling and the criminals lay low because of fear. But there is always someone who Light does not approve of, or the FBI are always going to be looking for him so he is going to kill all the police eventually. Of course Light’s methods are more effective because of that. The police system is going downhill because they are not punishing criminals as hard as they should. People are fighting for ‘rights’ and some other silly stuff, so everyone has to be very careful of what they do. As I said, I would have no problem with Light, IF he only killed criminals. Call me a goody two shoes or whatever. Say I am not bravura in my methods of justice, but I don’t believe the ends justify the means.
I don’t think it’s a game, more of a collocation of ideas and views of what people think should be done, and there is no focal point because there is no concourse of ideas on justice. Now we know why Kudou said randomness was bad, lol.=P

Justice always will be an equivoque word, so there is no agreeing on what it is and is not.

I’m being iterant again, but the means of the one out weigh the means of the many to me. Not the other way around. But once again, equivoque, it is just a matter of opinion.

Yes, but Light has the mentality that he should be taking control and ruling peoples lives, judging what is right and wrong. Why are so many kids rebelling against their parents? Why do some people lose jobs? Because they don’t want to be controlled. They don’t want an authority figure. They want to live their lives the way they want, do what they want, and not be controlled. That is human nature. Though some people see a power, such as Light’s and they agree with him because he has power. But given the chance, how many of his so called ‘followers’ would seize the note and kill off Light so they could ‘rule’? I’m guessing a good 90% or more would.

And Light smiles because he is happy to kill. ^_^

His good side was overcomed because that is what the death note does. Gives you back your memories and that feeling of having control and being able to kill people. It brought up those feeling and the lust for power controlled him again.
But I do think that Light always had that obdurateness in him. He is self-partial.

Light said himself he wanted to rule the new world, become its god. Maybe I am obdurate in my thinking as well, but I have always seen that as selfish. I just don’t think Light is quite plenum in his head, lol. *rolls eyes*

If Light wants a monarchy, then he should go make his own, everything is practically turning into a democracy, rule by the people, no one wants a single ruler to decide what is right for them. People want to make their own choices for how they live their life.

I would not put a person to death for littering…but what if someone slipped on that piece of paper and died by a craniocerebral? Then would that make the person who put down the piece of paper a murderer and would Light decide that that cannot happen again and then kill him?

...And why the heck would you want to argue with your own points Cooly? =P No one else’s name to write in the death note? Us L’s are very busy trying to track down criminals and help the weak, so pardon us if we do not respond soon. *says Near-ishly and pulls one leg up and leans back to stretch* I await your response Mr. Yagami....^_^

Hee hee, huggles to you too!
Isn't it better to live in fear rather than live in a world full of crimes? From what I can infer, you're insinuating that the criminals don't lie low beause they aren't fearful of the police? The police's job is to abide by the laws and enforce their regulations. Why are fines imposed? Why are kids caned when they commit a misdeed? Fear - it leaves a lasting impression as opposed to weak ruling. Light isn't tyrannically ruling, that only applies for criminals. Why live in fear if you aren't guilty of having committed a heinous crime? Personally, I feel the majority of the world population would be content with Light's methods. Careful in what they do? Indeed, "rights" and other "silly" stuff have a more significant role to play in society today than justice. Hence, they aren't really fighting for justice at all. They prioritize themselves above justice, disalllowing them to be able to carry to its cause to its full extent. This is why the world needs Light and his abilities, and the power of the death note. Combined, Light is able to outdo the police in justice. If the ends didn't justify the means, would coporal punishment exist? Would people even be abiding by the law? This brings back my point on fear. Making criminals fear them is one of the means of the police in order to control the crime rate. You might give me an example of someone killing her best friend just to obtain this guy to prove me wrong. However, in this case, the "ends justify the means" principle does not apply at all because her friend is dead in the end, only for her own sake and interest. Light is different. He kills for a higher cause (which I have already elaborated on in my previous post). Exactly. Juxtaposing different opinions on justice would merely befuddle everyone else. Therefore, from my perspective, it is a game created for the survival of the fittest. The victor shall emerge as justice. From here henceforth, opinions or views matter little to the impaled mind anymore. Of course, justice should always be carried out in accordance to a higher cause. As long as the pros outweigh the cons, it is justice.

Quote:
the means of the one out weigh the means of the many to me. Not the other way around.
It is dependent on the situation and the individuals, I believe. But I don't see a link between this and our discussion? Or are you implying Light is being unfair? Oh, and opinions can be converted.

Yes, Light controls lives by setting aside the bad from the good, and obliterating them. His mindset is such that right is purifying the world of evil, and anything else that defiles it. Considering the majority, I'd bet my best shoes and branded sweater they'd prefer the latter than our present world. Do you want criminals to get away unscathed after murdering an innocent? I highly doubt so. What Light does is generally applicable to big-time criminals. People who are willing to risk and sacrifice themselves to help others - that's what this world needs. Wrong again. Few are able to match up to Light's intelligence and sense of self-righteousness. An ordinary person would have gotten caught by the police way before Light. To top it, not everyone is as lenient as him. Why? They could easily do the eye pact, and kill off anyone who gets in their way, including those who are truly uninvolved.

I beg to differ. The death note does not do anything to the user. It does not have any manipulating powers nor whatever will of its own. That is how it was made. Light merely made proper utilization of its capacity. Light is good whether he has possession over the death note or not. This so-called good side is actually his weaker side, the naive one, the Light before he obtained the knowledge of his potential with the death note. That is Light's true colors. The death note was/is just a tool to disseminate it.

Once more, I disagree. Light may be of the intractable nature, but it's a good thing because it enables him not to get alleviated from his goals, however, that doesn't include being malicious. Self-partial...? A little more explanation if you may...

He has noble reasons, he has the passion, he has the capabilities, and he has our support for wanting to dominate. I myself do not view benefitting the world as selfish.

He has no need for a monarchy. Simply refrain from perpetrating heavy offences (continuously), and you're free to fulfill whatever you wish. Personally, I can't help but think many people would desire to lead crime-free lives ^_^

Light kills people of murderous intent and directly from their actions. So this leans more towards the do-er rather than his/her actions. Although the act of littering was deliberate, the slip was surely accidental. The most Light would do is offer him a warning or issue a sentence to him as part of the police. Unless of course, this (killer-litter) keeps up, which would mean it'd be a deliberate act of murdering.

Urgh... Rikku-chan's tough... ~_< I think I may be in need of backup, lol...

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 05-17-2007 at 02:06 PM.