JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
05-19-2007, 09:50 AM

I'll give you two scenarios then.
1. The streets are filled with murderers and people who would resort to crime to achieve their selfish agendas.
2. An annonymous savior who only eliminates criminals and those in his way, and not having to live in fear of him if you aren't guilty of anything evil.
As I've stated, if people don't commit crimes, why be afraid at all? Even if Kira kills you, it'd only be for a better cause. Nobility and self-sacrifice are what many are lacking in.
Why is he not just? Who is more worthy then? What more desirable way to use the death note then? If those agents can't comprehend Light's true intentions instead of just focusing on the surface of his actions, they are the ones who aren't worthy of being who they are. Our system is screwed up because only these guys have authority? That's pretty much akin to agreeing with me on my views. Authority should be shared among people similar to Light.

If those who beared the same goals as him had to be taken out by Light, they wouldn't mind - sacrifice and nobility for a greater result. If the victims can depict it as justice, why can't we?

I'll present another scenario here.
- Given that you have the power to save a bus full of passengers who've been paralyzed by some sort of poison. The bus-driver has been murdered. You're the only one who has achieved a driver's liscense. And you see a baby about to fall out of the bus window. You have two choices. To save the baby, or get movin' and direct the bus's velocity and rescue everyone else.

How does this relate to the death note you may ask?
Given Light has the power to save the world from crimes as they're unable to do anything to help themselves. The authorities are 'unfit' for the job because our system is "screwed up". He is the only one who has the capabilities and death note. He sees an innocent person being kidnapped by terrorists and the ransom is the money which is needed by a hospital to purchase medical equipments in order to save hundreds of people who could possibly die from a terrible disease. The authorities can't bear to watch an innocent life perish from right under their noses, and decides to give the money to the kidnappers. He has two choices - To kill the hostage and prevent the terrorists from succeeding or leave them and risk the lives of hundreds of other innocence. Linking to that, after killing the hostage, Light discovers one of the names and faces of the terrorists under certain circumstances. He's innocent but is being forced to follow the lead of the other terrorists as they've threatened to kill him and his family if he doesn't. Killing one of them could highly intimidate the rest of them into surrendering and avoid any more kidnaps or the killing of the hostages. Not killing him would instigate the terrorists into continuing their activities. Then what? Kill more hostages? Compare the pros and cons. In which scenario would Light have to kill further in the name of justice? The sacrifice taken... Every other factor into consideration... If you can prove them unnecessary to me, then I'll take back what I said pertaining to sacrificing the innocent.

My scenarios will be able to explain this as well. 1,000 people have 1,000 familes. 1 person has 1 family. Who would suffer more grievance as a whole? Which one would lead to a worse consequence? Let's compare that 1 person to the entire world population too. If you opt to "save that one life", what can he or she do even if she survives and there're no one else around? *Yes, you even killed yourself for that one* person*. Another illustration should enhance my explanation. Assuming someone in a family is in heavy debt. Loan sharks are about to trying to finish him off. In addition, that person has been giving your family problems as well, lying that you guys are his family instead. The loan sharks declare either he dies, or everyone he involves into this dies. Would killing that person infront of the loan sharks not resolve the situation? Which is more important? To my belief, claiming they're equally as important isn't right.

Kill off agents who make futile attempts to stop him from killing these criminals, which you also don't find a problem with? It's inevitable.

If Light died, then everything would be for redundance. And decreasing his lifespan by half would not help. "That mess" or anyone else wouldn't stand in his way of nobility and self-sacrifice (earlier points) to rid the world of crimes.

No. The memories are his. He created his own memories. The death note merely gave back what was his in the first place, no additions, so no power over any user.

I know what it means... But what I meant was I can't understand why you say that... >_< And what did the "T" stand for, lol?

I have the weaker one, darling.. I'm sooo gonna get shot down this time XD

P.S. great pics, Kanji-kun, but I bet your "eyes are falling out" now after trying to read them debates... *winks at Rikku* ^^;

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 05-19-2007 at 01:12 PM.
Old
annelie82 (Offline)
Zzzz...zzz.....zz...

05-19-2007, 10:33 AM

Isn't there a live action show based on DN? Does anyone know where you can get it? (For free, that is. )

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." -from the film Coach Carter
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

05-19-2007, 10:43 AM

There're two of them ^_^ The original and the sequel Which one are ya looking for?

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
Old
annelie82 (Offline)
Zzzz...zzz.....zz...

05-19-2007, 10:48 AM

I'll start with the original, I think. ^^ I've been looking for something non-anime to watch for some time. I have this idea that it's easier to learn a language if you listen to actual people speaking it rather than modified cartoonish voices.

Thanks, CN!

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." -from the film Coach Carter
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

05-19-2007, 10:54 AM

Kinda.. I've heard it's rude to use the slangs they use in anime... haha... So I guess watching real people speak it would be easier to relate to...

I'll try my best to see if i can find any that're still available >.<

Old
CoolNard (Offline)

05-19-2007, 11:13 AM

Here's the original, subbed and free still tryna find the sequel tho ^^

TV Links

Old
annelie82 (Offline)
Zzzz...zzz.....zz...

05-19-2007, 11:19 AM

Huh, tv links, never knew about that site before. Thanks for finding it for me, cn-kun! ^^

Old
CoolNard (Offline)

05-19-2007, 11:23 AM

Welcome! Annelie-neechan! ^^

Old
MinamiItsuki (Offline)
As Yuna's guardian...I

Hey - 05-19-2007, 12:25 PM

Hey light-kun whats up. You watch the new episode of death note yet?
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

05-19-2007, 12:45 PM

Mikami-kun!

Nothing much. really Yeah, I have ^_^ Near's getting freakishly closer to identifying Light as Kira... It's a wonder how he links everything up from the way Soichiro and L treated Light and made his conclusion... ~_~ Light made a good move appointing Teru as the next dn user tho... So it's gonna get really interesting XD I'm starting to like how Teru does things as well