JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

05-20-2007, 07:59 AM

Right again Shino-kun, as far as we know, the Death Note only works on humans. But I am sure it would work on aliens as well, as long as they had names that were given to them at birth. Since the DN is an inter-dimensional object, it would seem that there is no reason why it shouldn't be able to do that. But I am almost positive that the DN wouldn't work on an animal that has a human name.

A shinigami will only die, if they deliberately kill someone, to save someone else out of the desire to save one person's life. It doesn't matter if the Death Gods kill people and other peoples life are extended. As long as that Shinigami doesnt care for that person, they are only allowed to take life, not save it. That is that curse, well if you classify that as a curse anyways.

Ryuk want to die? I hardly doubt it. He doesn't want to die. He'd rather live forever and be amused my humans. He's not simple, but his thrills are.

And mind you, Ryuk always has a DN on him at all times. The ones the humans have are different.

Edit: Yeah Rikku-chan, he always comes up with the best stuff doesn't he. That sheep comparison made me chuckle a bit. (I'm playing L's theme too. It's so mellow. Light's theme seems kind of sad to me.)
Old
AoshiShinomori (Offline)
I wuvs Rikku the most! <3

Send a message via MSN to AoshiShinomori
05-20-2007, 08:03 AM

*giggles* I did branch out a bit didn't I?

@Cooly - I'm going to sound like a clutz (but thatz because I am) but if you set up this shared folder will it mean I can access it when I get to office day after tomorrow as well? ... I don't have MSN messenger installed at home her coz it's my mom's laptop and it has a separate hardwired IP address setting which if i set on my work laptop will cause it to stop functioning at work because the net system there uses an internal "find your own IP" kinda scheme in the LAN.... ermm.. sorry! I'm branching out again aren't I ?

Omae mo kanjite no ka... kaze no koe?
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
05-20-2007, 08:03 AM

Quote:
I am almost positive that the DN wouldn't work on an animal that has a human name.
Rofl, what do you mean by human name? XD How about an animal that has an animal name then?

Edited:
Quote:
@Cooly - I'm going to sound like a clutz (but thatz because I am) but if you set up this shared folder will it mean I can access it when I get to office day after tomorrow as well? ... I don't have MSN messenger installed at home her coz it's my mom's laptop and it has a separate hardwired IP address setting which if i set on my work laptop will cause it to stop functioning at work because the net system there uses an internal "find your own IP" kinda scheme in the LAN.... ermm.. sorry! I'm branching out again aren't I ?
I'm not really sure if you hv to go into MSn and accept something forst... but it should be in your "My Computer" if it's there

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 05-20-2007 at 08:07 AM.
Old
風林火山

05-20-2007, 08:07 AM

I don't think that there are "animal" names. Humans just make up unique names for their animals, that have human origins. Since animals can't speak and think like we do, they can't name each other.

And when I say human names, I mean like: Bob, Todd, Lisa, etc.
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

05-20-2007, 08:12 AM

Lol, yeah, but the impression you gave me was that animals could hv animal names too since the dn wouldn't work on those that possess human names anyway =P and the first question which would automatically come to mind is "are there animal names as well?" followed by "would the dn work on them?"

I think my friend's cat is named Lisa XD

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
Old
風林火山

05-20-2007, 08:16 AM

NOO!!! *rushes to Rikku-chan's side. the sound of my bare feet echoes against the JPF's lounge floor. Flys onto chair across from Rikku-chan and kneels down and holds out a box of L chocolate sweets!*

let's eat them together! There, there don't cry, L is right here. I had to fake my death in front of Light to prove that he is Kira. I've been in hiding ever since then! I even had plastic surgery to look different!
Old
AoshiShinomori (Offline)
I wuvs Rikku the most! <3

Send a message via MSN to AoshiShinomori
05-20-2007, 08:16 AM

Then how about having L back as a shinigami with his own deathnote *Looking just like L and not like the other shinigami*

@kanji-kun - So I'm curious ... what are the differences between the deathnote that Ryuk has and the ones the humans have? I know that Rem's partner shinigami died protecting Misa and that's the deathnote that Misa has so it's a shinigami deathnote. But I wonder what the one Ryuk stole is like... or did Ryuk steal a special death note and keep that for himself while throwing the ordinary one down into the human world ?

Also, I'm not all that positive that writing the name of an animal (named after a human) won't work, because after all, the evidence shown thus far suggests that the deathnote works and differentiates based on human cognition of facts. So if Lisa was a person we knew, Lisa is someone we can all differentiate, but to the sheep Lisa is still "Baaa!" right? ...meaning that if the deathnote can now kill Lisa, it should be able to kill "John" irrespective of which species John was from as long as you had "john" uniquely identified in your mind

It would make slaughter houses be so painless... ... not to mention help the mutton market!

Omae mo kanjite no ka... kaze no koe?
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

05-20-2007, 08:23 AM

Rofl... What is this now? Proper uses of the death note? XD

Ooohhh...I can just picture it now... Light horrendously writing sheep's names down into the death note given to him by a death god.... Sheep is evil! Mutton is justice!

Old
Katashi (Offline)
Signature Creator

Send a message via Skype™ to Katashi
05-20-2007, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
I don't think that there are "animal" names. Humans just make up unique names for their animals, that have human origins. Since animals can't speak and think like we do, they can't name each other.

And when I say human names, I mean like: Bob, Todd, Lisa, etc.

How do you know that animals can't speak and give each other names!? How does anyone know! Maybe they're really intelligent, but are only acting like pets to have an easy life. Maybe humans are really dumb....LOL

I love making signatures, if you'd like a custom one from me, just ask in my siggy thread!
*My Custom Signatures Album* ~ *Katashi's Signature Request Thread*
Misa Amane Gothic Lolita Video
Old
風林火山

05-20-2007, 08:28 AM

Shino-kun, Ryuk's Death Note is just a regular black book. There is nothing written on it. The one Ryuk stole, is the one that Light picked up. with the words "Death Note" written on the cover in white. The one Misa has from the Shinigami Jealous has strange writings on the cover in white. It probably says DN in the shinigami language. It may even say DN in the Japanese language

Jealous wasn't Rem's partner. Rem just happened to be there when Jealous gave his life to Misa. So by Jealous sacing Misa's life, his DN belonged to her. Rem was just following the rules of the shinigami by delivering it. But she became it owner, since she is the one that picked it up, so she has to stay with Misa now.

I guess you're right about the sheep John and Lisa. lol it's pretty funny to imagine. seeing Light kill sheep. ROFL! you make the funniest jokes!

And I figured I throw this in as well. Everytime a Shinigami dies to save someone, that someone gets all the life that the Shinigami had.

Misa was going to die, so Jealous saved her life. Misa then got all of Jealous's life, plus the life of the man that was going to kill her.

Misa then gave half of that life to Rem, for the eye trade.

Misa loses the DN, then gets it back. She then gives half of her remaining life to Ryuk for the eyes again. she now has 1/4 her life.

Rem kills save Misa's life. Misa then gets L's life, Watari's life, Rem's life, plus the life that she gave to Rem for the eyes. She gets all that. So she may easily live to be over 500 yrs. old She may have gotten alot from Rem, if she was an active shinigami and killed alot. That changes things even more.

Edit: great one Nard-kun, dying over: Sheep is evil, mutton is justice!

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 05-20-2007 at 08:32 AM.