LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
06-04-2007, 03:33 AM

Whats your point, Oren-sama?

Urgh... *runs away from Oren* Gross! >.<

Brb, I have to make lunch, and Oren isn't the only one who knows how to whip up a mean bowl of Ramen

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
Old
Oren (Offline)
glad to be back

Send a message via Yahoo to Oren
06-04-2007, 03:36 AM

GO Nardy!! wohooooo!! It is Ramen Fest day after all!!
Perhaps I'll see you in a bit to discuss DN

Peace Love Recycle
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

06-04-2007, 04:14 AM

Too snobbish for my liking, but LMAO, cake or death? XD That made me laugh

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
Old
jayE (Offline)
New to JF

06-04-2007, 08:02 PM

seen i heard its good is it?
Old
ff12guy (Offline)
shibby

Send a message via AIM to ff12guy
06-07-2007, 10:24 PM

the onley place ive heard about DeathNote is on Japanforum so my question is is Death NOte in The usa or is it just in japanese and last time i was in the blockbuster i didnt see it there eather
Old
Himechan (Offline)
piisu ^_^

06-07-2007, 11:39 PM

The anime is currently only in Japanese, but the manga is printed in English.

I love the L plushie on pg. 19!~ I was going to get one like it and they sold out T__T
L ish voiced by Kappei Yamaguchi!!! -fangirl moment- Anyway, I love Death Note and I am impatiently waiting for the last volume!

o(≧∀≦)o
I's got a family now -panda dance!-
Sister to: lollijenn, ToKyObOxRoBoT Daughter of: Maku Niece of: NanteNa Fishy: Kittenx, Samurai Bodyguard: TheUnknown Winnie the Pooh loving cousin to: ilovedaisuke7
Beneath Your S.K.I.N. @ Last.FM
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

06-08-2007, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TegoshiKawaiiDesu View Post
ok... since im sick, i won't be acting too seriously... but um... i made a slight error on my post... it was
"i wouldnt have thought out my plan like light did.............." [gomen]
u see, im careless.... laidback at times.... in school, im neaither a trouble maker nor a goody-goody student... i'm in the highest classes, but i get in trouble once in a while... if you compare school to life, it would be tht detention is like jail.... trouble makers r criminals... doing things wrong in school would b criminal acts... if you compare it this way, id b dead...
from my point of view, i dont think i deserve to die simply because someone labeled me as someone who doesnt have a purpose in living for one bad thing i did... do u think i deserve to die for having a verbal fight with one of the students in school? [pls keep pretending tht school's misbehavior r criminal acts] i HAVE a purpose to live.. no one can judge tht but myself.. everyone was born to have a purpose.. mayb some ppl just didnt find their purpose yet..
like i said before, i think light was SUPER generous to use the death note to kill criminals... and i did confess the fact tht i wud have used it for my own good... [i kno it is selfish but u didnt have to point it out XD] i wudnt have had the courage like light... like i said WAY before i got sucked into this debate, i praised light... [for a little while]
no, if light didnt lose control of his anger, he wudnt have thoughtlessly killed taylor L.
i WUDNT have killed him... plus, to erase the exact location and to erase my name off the suspect list, i wud gather like.... atleast five major criminals in different countries... i think tht killing off the criminals only near him was kinda selfish... yes, i kno my ambitions wer selfish [if i had the death note] but since he got the idea of killing bad people, he shud kill those not only in japan, but from other countries as well... he did want to create a WORLD WITH NO CRIMINALS, right? killing the criminals from different accidents WUD b suspisious, but if he hadnt killed taylor L. people like mikami wud have just thought of it as god finally answering their prayers since taylor L didnt seem to b a criminal from the "worldwide" news report.. from wt i have planned, since i am killing criminals from other places, japan wudnt b targeted for kira's hideout... by killing criminals with different incidents, it wudnt b as suspicious, and this suspicion wud work well with god since no one can REALLY create incidents such as criminals killing themselves..
god wudnt get so mad about "L" because "L" wasnt a criminal... and by god's desicioins, he wud kno tht taylor L. wud have died tht day already so i wudnt even have killed him... it wud work out well as a "great coincidence"
as kira, i wudnt have known he was going to die, but i wudnt have killed him since as i told myself, i wud only kill criminals which "L" didnt seem to b, with the way he talked... just judging tht part, wud have caused the suspicion of kira being in wtever town they said kira was in.. the real L wud have thought he was unfortunate and wud have executed the guy in his normal death sentence time...
im sorry if you dont understand... i still have the fever... i dont think i can debate seriously until i recover at all but i am trying my best as a sick person..

hm.... L died.. yes yes... but don't you think he was kinda expecting it? he was suspecting misa again and he knows kira will make a move thts y he made tht *delete* button.. with him dying, he knows tht the news will spread to his true successors... which r Near and mello... he probably didnt CHOOSE a successor so that both of them would go against kira.. L, being as smart as he is, might have already judged their future actions by the fact tht he knew mello wudnt have worked with near causing kira to have sooo many problems... kira is not against two seperate people causing him to think wisely about his movements... if he makes one mistake, either M or N will figure something out... since M and N knows each other, one of them might give a hint.. so far near is the one giving hints to mello...

ok... back to the part wer L died... yes, L died.. but it doesnt mean its over.. with near and mello knowing tht L died, they wud b reacting as "then who is THAT L?!" which can lead them to believe tht ther is always a possibility tht the 2ndL is kira...

wen i told me relative about this, she asked, "then y didnt L give the info directly to near instead of near gathering it himself?"

simply because he wants near to find it himself... its better to make someone struggle... it helps them learn in an acurate way... it helps if you know the other information later on becus it helps solve the last bits of the puzzle... if near knew about the shinigami... the shinigami eyes... etc., for some reason, it wud seem harder to fit in the pizzle... its like having a can of puzzle pieces and taking one at a time out of the can to fit it in.. so intead of having a bunch of them spill out of the can, taking baby steps wud seem easier and more acurate... thts wt im thinking...

dont count this in the debate pls:
kira... i started disliking him for the weird atmosphere he has... its like.. overflowing killing intent... no mercy... those scenes wer his hair turns red for dramatic efect gives him an evil glow... right now, i think tht wt the L ppl r trying to say is tht, light is not really as evil but him killing every criminal is kinda weird... ugh i cant explain it right now but... killing criminals like crazy is.... violent... wt L is trying to say is tht it is ok for criminals to die but not everyone tht does something wrong is a true criminal... to tell u the truth, im neutral... i just decided to take on L's side bcus of the anger inside of me wen he died.. but since im in this mess, i guess ill have to stick with it ^_^ i cant change ur mind and im sure of it... i just want u to see L's purpose in a better/more positive way
now, i need to rest so tht my fever wont get higher than usualy
if any L supporter wish to add something, pls do, this might b my last day of posting until i recover... im 100-102 degrees.. my mom is getting mad at me for using the computer so... bye
After donkey years of attempting to decipher your words...

Your comparison is clearly irrelevant. You can't just compare a murderer to a small-time troublemaker in school. Which would you rather have sitting beside you in the train or bus? There's obviously a world of difference between the latter and former. However, if you want to proportionalize it, you wouldn't be dead, since a heavy punishment neutralizes a heavy crime, whilst a lighter punishment would suffice for a lighter crime. Stating something as a pretence is akin to claiming something is false, all the more for a concurrence not to be reached. Give me a greater suited illustration then we'll discuss this. Also, welcome to Earth - not having a purpose to live isn't a crime here.

Haha, excuse me for finding faults in a debate then. XD

I'll admit that Light made some mistakes in his reign, but I have already gone through this; humans err, there's no helping it, but there is no stopping them from striving either.
E.g. L lost because he underestimated Light. He was the one who'd intitally issued a challenge on Kira thus, L should be responsible for his own miscalculations and loss. Re-watch the episode where L got killed and take a good look at his plainly surprised facial expression - that's the evidence I present to you. It's redundant pointing out their flaws since they cancel each other out (although Light still won in the end) and so, won't do us any gains.
In addition, in the first few episodes, Light'd been writing the names of criminals down from the "worldwide" news report, even when he was under surveillance by L, and that includes "major criminals in different countries" that I daresay were more than a mere five each. "killing the criminals from different accidents WUD b suspisious"? What are you talking about? Wouldn't killing them using different methods be less suspicious, duh? And why are you linking the statement with the assassination of Taylor L.? I mean, I would understand if you're comparing the way two or more persons were eliminated, but I'm afraid don't see a link here. Now that's simply absurd. No matter which criminal one killed, surely anyone who had been a victim of the given criminal would be grateful and maybe even think of it as "god answering their prayers". To top it, people sharing the same ideals as Mikami WOULD have thought this to a bigger extent as "god finally answering their prayers" if he HAD killed Taylor L. Even if Light had not done that, it would not cause the slightest change in what supportes of Light think of him, because one criminal doesn't come close to the thousands Light's eradicated. Or are you refering to the other sort of God - the One actually living in heaven? Fine, I'll play along with both scenarios. Because the One in heaven is literally all-seeing, would it not make higher sense if you'd made a reference (because you used "since") to a criminal off the worldwide news report, instead? I have gone through this as well - "killing criminals with different incidents" would NOT push suspicion towards Light at all. The most it'd do is help people realize that the deaths have indeed been deliberate, which is what Light wants: Recognition from people as Kira, that this is no coincidence, that he solely is a solid natural entity, willing to convict criminals. Taking into detailed consideration that humans err and easily miscalculate, this will instill fear in potential or already-are criminals hence, forcing them to abide by a "play safe" principle.

Last edited by CoolNard : 06-08-2007 at 12:31 PM.
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

06-08-2007, 11:51 AM

Who is to say God wouldn't get mad at "L"? No one on this planet can fully tell what God is feeling because there is no proof for his existence, let alone meeting him to find out. One doesn't have to be a criminal to get God or anyone mad. If one persists in obstructing justice, that alone is sufficient to incur divine wrath. I know God is omniscient and sees all, but Light isn't the One above and prefers people to acknowledge and discern his presence. Besides, killing Taylor L. on the fated same day God intended for him to die, would prove Light as a true follower of God.

I agree with you Light brought about his temporary downfall in this situation, but I won't bother to elaborate further because I have already argued on it earlier on, so please counter me from there to prevent iterative debates. But I'll have to disagree with you on the part about "the way he talked". How was Light to know and judge how L spoke? It looks to me you got Light's and your own viewpoints mixed up. =/ Furthermore, even if Light had heard L talking before, Talor L. could have been specially instructed to sound like L and purposefully trained to give the same impression by his tone and other voice-related non-verbal mannerisms.

That's an ignorant assumption you're making by insinuating that L was expecting it. Proof, evidence, and logic are fundemental debate cores and values. Sorry to burst your bubble, L had created the *delete* button LONG before Light found the death note because every human has to die one day; no one is immortal. It wasn't for a specific reason like knowing he'd die at the hands of Light. When you used "thts y", which I'm LOGICALLY assuming it means "that's why", you're relating the two separate matters together and squeezing your assumptions into facts, which I might add is really twisting of words. Yes, L might have known whatever, but getting killed by Light is still a tragic loss for the police. There were no deaths on Light's side, which means he's leading. Though I guess L did not know Kira would have helpers on his side too, setting the battlefield on a par, eh?

Quote:
mello wudnt have worked with near causing kira to have sooo many problems... kira is not against two seperate people causing him to think wisely about his movements...
Is it purely me? Or do these two sentences side by side contradict one another? I believe there is nothing for me to say in this case, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

You know, I don't think it'd be over if Light dies either, because if he does, the odds shall be evened out and Mikami will most probably assume the position with Takada, and fight it out with Near and Mello.

While your reason appears logical, another reason why L did not give the information directly to Near could be because L wasn't anticipating Light's triumph over him.

Have you ever heard of the phrase "Don't judge a book by its cover"? Again with only looking on the surface, it's giving us Light supporters every reason to dislike L as well. I personally find the blue glow for L look sinister too, but I have no basis for that and neither do you; "To each his own" then. Lol, it isn't weird to us, it makes every sense in the world. Would you rather Light went on a rampage killing newborn babies, you tell me?? Light does not kill anyone who does something wrong. That depends on mainly three things: Repentance, offence, and circumstance. No one said anyone who does anything wrong is a 'true' criminal and no one has labelled it so yet. Ahhh... See what I mean? Anger is your only reason. I have reasons, truths, facts and every possible theory backing my words up and my stand for supporting Light. No one said you had to stick with it either. I'm not forcing you, you can forfeit if you want. The one thing able to change my mind however, is if someone can overcome my points and make me shut up in the process. Prehaps that's why you'd like to "stick with it"? I'm sure I don't know.

Don't get me wrong, I would reeeaaalyyy love to shoot my points more accurately right back at cha, but I really can't understand certain things you're saying and I'm strongly perturbed/annoyed/pissed off by the thought. It could be due to your illness or whatever, but could you maybe try not to use so many shortforms in your posts? It makes it difficult to get your meaning across and I'm already deeply confused by your first paragraph Oh, and a pointer: Always check your posts before & after submitting it, it helpes to cut down on errors like that. Any other L supporters who feel they're up to the task may very well help themselves.

P.S. If you're sick, don't bother debating until you're good again, it's rather redundant if you can't be serious. And you'd better get better!!! Or I'll cry.... ;_;
2nd P.S. Don't expect me not to argue against anything against Light. As a Light supporter, I feel you're asking the impossible after seeing you diss him. As a person, it goes against my nature. I see L's purpose clearly, whether I see it in a better way or not as compared to Light's depends on his cause for the purpose. BUT, the question on my mind is, do you view Light's purpose in a logical way? It seems to me supportes of L are always looking on the mere surface, aren't you guys? Blindly and ignorantly claiming something is that way without being able to back it up or take on someone else's challenge

Last edited by CoolNard : 06-08-2007 at 12:04 PM.
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

06-09-2007, 01:17 PM

Quote:
It seems to me supporters of L are always looking on the mere surface, aren't you guys? Blindly and ignorantly claiming something is that way without being able to back it up or take on someone else's challenge
Well, that may be true to other L supporters but not to me Nard-kun. I don't just look on the surface. I dive down deep, and look on the bottom, and analyze, and think before I even attempt to make a valid argument. I look on both sides, from Light's views, and what he is trying to do. That is why I am able to argue against it. If I knew nothing about it, or what he was thinking, then I couldn't make any sort of statements against him. Also, I have said it before and I'll say it again, I agree with what Light does, that is why sometimes it is hard to argue against him. If I had the DN I'd do the same thing: try and clean us this world of ours. If you have that kind of power, then why not use it? But I don't agree with his methods of wanting to become a "god" I am no where near that arrogant to think such a thing.

I don't blindly or ignorantly claim anything. I always have words to back up my feelings. I could just ramble on an on about things that don't even relate to DN. But I don't....So don't generalize the L's for I am not this way.

I stopped debating with you because we just kept on saying the same things over and over. We just used different words. So that's why I didn't take anymore of your challenges.

Last edited by Kanji_The_Wanderer : 06-09-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

06-09-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
I always have words to back up my feelings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
I stopped debating with you because we just kept on saying the same things over and over.
Well, whaddaya know, another set of contradictory words... What you say can be used against you in erm, this thread! XD So choose your words carefully or be prepared to defend them. Anyway, I'm deeply apologetic for generalizing and I'm sorry, I made a wrong choice of words as well it seems. ^_^;