JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
Aleesunz (Offline)
Watch This Space

Send a message via AIM to Aleesunz Send a message via MSN to Aleesunz Send a message via Skype™ to Aleesunz
07-09-2007, 10:07 PM

Hmm I can ask around, although I thought the series was still ongoing?

Ohwells.
Old
girlgamer1984 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-09-2007, 10:08 PM

Are you sure....That's unfeasible. I have seen the comparisons myself.

Light today has dawned on my wooden head.
Old
Maku (Offline)
Not a happy bunny.

Send a message via MSN to Maku
07-09-2007, 10:13 PM

I've been told that the ending to the manga is the opposite to the ending of the manag by a few people, but I haven't found any written evidence.

Edit: I had a more thorough look into it, and I found a link to tell me about the manga, but it only tells me what the chapters are called.
I guess I'll have to find out when 'How to Read' is released in English in February.

"Mossad knows what my Aunt Judy eats for breakfast."
Jack West Jr.

Last edited by Maku : 07-09-2007 at 10:19 PM.
Old
girlgamer1984 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-09-2007, 10:22 PM

Why not pay a visit to www.deathgod.org. It's a good DN site. I am certain some of your quiries will be answered.

Light today has dawned on my wooden head.
Old
Maku (Offline)
Not a happy bunny.

07-09-2007, 10:35 PM

Thankyou for that link, it did indeed answer my question, and I found that the manga and anime are the same in ending, except the manga has a bit afterwards that shows the world a year after the ending.

Jack West Jr.
Old
CPU (Offline)
I ain't that cute

07-09-2007, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleesunz View Post
Hmm I can ask around, although I thought the series was still ongoing?

Ohwells.
Nope, it's completed, ep 37 has been and gone. I guess you missed the 2x movies as well?

you are greater than the sum of your plushies
Old
Maku (Offline)
Not a happy bunny.

07-09-2007, 11:24 PM

I still am yet to watch the movies, is there anywhere decent that I can find them streamed?

Jack West Jr.
Old
QueenNanami (Offline)
I'll go with that!

Send a message via AIM to QueenNanami Send a message via MSN to QueenNanami
07-10-2007, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
Sure they can kill mass quantities of people. The Death Note cannot end, it will just keep on growing every time you get to the end of it. So if a group of Shinigami sat around all day and just wrote down names, then in a short time, the human populous would decrease drastically.

Kira has the powers, but you are forgetting that everything is made up of rules. Since the beginning of time, it has been deemed evil for humans to kill each other. "It goes against God" that is what humans believe. It is a sin to kill each other. Kira is killing people, so he is a murderer. If you kill someone, for any reason, it is still against the law. Yes killing out of self defense can be excused, but it cannot be denied that a human is dead, so someone will hate you for it. Kira kills to create a world that he wants, only to allow people in it that he sees fit. The world should be run by people as a whole, not just leave it up to one person.
I'm sorry i have to carry on with the debate it's too much fun n.n

You must have read what i put in tenchu's machine gun thread Kanji/L ;P but the shinigami are lazy remember they don't just sit around and kill all day they play cards and do nothing really. They kill to live which by human laws would make them Murderers. Kira standing as a "God" so to speak has made up his own rules, So wouldn't that contradict what was said before? that It goes against god? True Kira is some what a false god BUT he has power over other humans, isn't that true?

If Kira is a God then in a sense he is doing the right thing, but since he is a False god then in a sense he is doing the wrong thing.

What i mean is as god he can shape the would to how he sees fit.
But as False God he shouldn't be aloud to make up his own rules and kill whom he wishes.

"The ignorant are mere stepping stones on the path to enlightenment."

"People can always have a judgment about anything you do. So it doesn't bother me. Everything can be strange to someone." - Michael Jackson
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

07-10-2007, 04:10 AM

I know that Shinigami are lazy, and just sit around all day, I just said that to counter what you said about them not decreasing the human population. They could, if they really desired it.

Kira really isn't making up "rules" he is just enforcing the already existing rules, just making them more severe, and having great consequences. I wouldn't call him a "god" just because he has the ability to kill humans in a supernatural way, doesn't make him a god. A DeathNote is just another tool for murder. The greatest murder weapon in existence. When it boils down to it, it is the same thing as a gun. He is playing at god, so calling him a false god is more apt. He is making a world he wants, and when this world is realized only then could you call him a god. But before that, he is working up to that status. Yes he can shape the world how he sees fit, so can everyone else. They can shape their world as they see fit, so long as they stay within the boundaries of the law.

So which are you trying to say Kira is? A false god or a real one? I don't really see an argument in your post, I think you are just stating your opinions right?
Old
QueenNanami (Offline)
I'll go with that!

Send a message via AIM to QueenNanami Send a message via MSN to QueenNanami
07-10-2007, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
I know that Shinigami are lazy, and just sit around all day, I just said that to counter what you said about them not decreasing the human population. They could, if they really desired it.

Kira really isn't making up "rules" he is just enforcing the already existing rules, just making them more severe, and having great consequences. I wouldn't call him a "god" just because he has the ability to kill humans in a supernatural way, doesn't make him a god. A DeathNote is just another tool for murder. The greatest murder weapon in existence. When it boils down to it, it is the same thing as a gun. He is playing at god, so calling him a false god is more apt. He is making a world he wants, and when this world is realized only then could you call him a god. But before that, he is working up to that status. Yes he can shape the world how he sees fit, so can everyone else. They can shape their world as they see fit, so long as they stay within the boundaries of the law.

So which are you trying to say Kira is? A false god or a real one? I don't really see an argument in your post, I think you are just stating your opinions right?
lol your so funny Kanji/L no I'm just stating my opinions I'm not trying to fight really hard over this (iam a L supporter if you remember )

BUT

Having a Death note makes you way more powerful then if you just wave around a gun screaming "I'm a God i got a gun everyone bow to me!" no ones gonna listen to that wacko x.x but people after awhile are going to listen to the faceless man with a death note killing people Because! It is scary and no one knows who it is. If we all knew the guy who was Kira then we could go and take custody of him. People are going to want to kill him and if he gets the death penalty wouldn't that make the judge that sentenced him a murderer too ?! Man is mortal. Killed or be killed they would kill Kira because they are scared of Kira. Kinda like if a real god shows up even though spreading the words of peace and love there is going to be some wacko with a gun screaming he's god and trying to kill him :/

But my point is that people see Kira as a Real God. L knew Kira was a false God. people would bow down to him out of fear. You aren't supposed to fear your god. God is supposed to forgive and love all of his creations. in other words in the peoples eyes Kira can be both. a real and a false god to everyone. People believe he is god because he has the power to play that way. Even L himself fell to the false gods powers...

"The ignorant are mere stepping stones on the path to enlightenment."

"People can always have a judgment about anything you do. So it doesn't bother me. Everything can be strange to someone." - Michael Jackson