LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
AoshiShinomori (Offline)
I wuvs Rikku the most! <3

Send a message via MSN to AoshiShinomori
02-18-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flein1337 View Post
death note has HUGE limits... if u can kill a building with it, why couldnt the guy prision go 2 france in 1 hour from japan?he just died in his cell from heart attack... because its IMPOSIBLE... 1: buildings dont have a "lifespan"... 2: buildings is NOT artificial life... 3: 2 day on the way home from work, i killed a rock
Unbelievable! *wears a face of mock surprise* What an eloquent response! Perhaps I should just concede the point then huh? If humans really are as limited as your response seems to indicate it's a wonder we got as far as using the deathnote on ourselves!

You know I've really tried to be broadminded and forgiving in attempting to understand this reponse but I've got to admit, it has me totally foxed. First off, it has completely unrelated arguments, next - it deals with anything but the actual point of discussion in the "debate", third - Even after it's broken incomplete arguments it still runs into the brick wall that we've been trying to surmount, and finally - It clearly indicates that the actual argument put forth in the response was based off an incomplete understanding of the debate in question.

I mean even apart from the fact that there have been atleast fifty thousand words in human readable language explaining that the entire problem of "buildings not having life" is based on human supposition, even explaining away the fact that buildings are not "artificial" life actually supports the argument that they might be "real" life, even explaining away that the "HUGE limitations" that have been so caretakingly amplified in the succinct quote have actually been attributed to humans and not the notebook, I still don't get what "going to france from japan in 1 hour" has anything to do with the "deathnotes have no limitations in killing only humans and might be able to kill other forms of life as well" discussion. The only way the argument even makes a remote shred of sense (in an astronomically loose interpretation of the term "sense" of course) is that if the contender assumed that the original argument implied the deathnote HAD NO LIMITATIONS AT ALL as opposed to HAD NO LIMITATIONS to killing buildings. Otherwise there seems no sane explanation of what teleportation has anything to do with the death of bulidings.

If anything, this sort of a supposition is more annoying than worrying. It only goes to show that the actual people attempting to sound halfway intelligent in this debate are misinformed of the facts and are putting in phrases of arguments that bear no connection whatsoever to the actual discussion in question. And given this denseness in thought for the view put forth it seems ridiculously inappropriate and in fact mortifying to see that a hint of sarcasm has crept into the post where syllogisms to killing rocks on the way home have been mentioned! If it's not sarcasm then the statement actually supports my theory of deathnotes being capable of killing "inanimate" objects so I'm completely unclear if not totally flummoxed on what the actual point of that last statement was. Having said all this, it seems only fair if I were to summarily reject the material of the post on the basis of misinterpretation and/or insanity. I therefore take this moment to aver that I abhor your asinine animadversions.

@Cooly - I've really come to a standstill on this. We're the only two people heatedly debating the possibilities of the DN and it's neither entertaining nor enlightening any of the original hardcore DN fans or the more recent admirers of this thread. My original hidden agenda was to drive Kanji-kun mad *mwahah! ^_^* but alas, he's proven too tough for my twisted words

So I'd like, at this juncture, to agree that we disagree about the limitations of deathnotes and have done with it. The last thing I need to look at is another post that mis-quotes statements and pouts irrelevant material spoiling a hitherto intellectual discussion.

Omae mo kanjite no ka... kaze no koe?
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
02-18-2008, 11:41 AM

Aoshi! Welcome back lol!

Omg, lol, chill out a little bro! There's no need to take it too hard man >_< If flein's points are outta context, and if you find it shining out so obviously (it's blinding us all argh! jkjk =P), you would be wasting your resources to tediously bring yourself down to your recognition of his/her level. ^^

And of course, I agree it's a stalemate, way ahead of you bro
But that's not gonna stop me from hopping onto the next train to race ya!

P.S. gotta love your sarcasm though

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
Old
Rikku777 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Rikku777
02-18-2008, 03:38 PM

So did anyone else get the 13th Death note book that came out? That book is the sex, the little secret inside is the coolest ever^^

And I'm not to sure about that book coming out with L and Naomi...I love L, but can't stand the chick >_<
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

02-18-2008, 03:44 PM

What are you talking about?!!! O_O

That book is supposed to be released on the 19th! It's already out?!

*runs to the bookstore* If it's out, it will be mine before the day is done.
Old
Tsuzuki (Offline)
冷血の私生児

Send a message via ICQ to Tsuzuki Send a message via MSN to Tsuzuki Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuzuki Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuzuki
02-18-2008, 06:13 PM

gah and I have to wait till July <.<""""

ギャー(*0*((◎—————ー(°°; ) スッポヌケ〜
✿ あなた だけ が みれば いい... 狂気と真実は紙一重 ✿

そして坊やは眠りについて 息衝く灰の中の炎ひとつ、ふたつと 浮かぶふくらみ愛しい横顔 大地に垂るる幾千の夢、夢 銀の瞳のゆら(◕‿‿◕ )
It's a thin line between genius and stupidity. Once you cross it there is no going back!! Luckily I have tippex and a pen so I can just redraw it where I like!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA =_=

†♫†
Old
Rikku777 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-19-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
What are you talking about?!!! O_O

That book is supposed to be released on the 19th! It's already out?!

*runs to the bookstore* If it's out, it will be mine before the day is done.
*grins Near-ishly* You're telling me I got something before L did...? And it's Death Note no less? *giggle giggle snicker* I feel so special^^ It's actually been out for awhile here, I just finally got around to getting it....along with Ral Grad....but thats for a whole completely different topic...(DON'T GET IT! It's sealed for a reason! >_<)

So did you get it, L? The funnies are hilarious.^_^

Tsuzuki hun, don't worry, it's worth the wait^^

P.S. Even in the book it says Light is evil, so take that you Light defenders! *stomp stomp*

Last edited by Rikku777 : 02-19-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old
風林火山

02-19-2008, 03:40 PM

WOOHOO! I got the book last night! I was in love. *drools* lol seriously, it was great. I didn't open the true name card panel for L. I am going to keep it sealed.

The cover was so badass, the art is just mind-blowing

I thought it was awesome how the book had detailed information on every Shinigami introduced, including others that I had never seen. I was hoping it would have a section for the Shinigami King, but there was no picture, or information for him. >_<

(The bookstore only had one copy, so it must have been fate that it was waiting for me.)

Yes, Ral Grad is a different topic, but anything drawn by Obata-sama I want, so of course I got it.
Old
Rikku777 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-19-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
WOOHOO! I got the book last night! I was in love. *drools* lol seriously, it was great. I didn't open the true name card panel for L. I am going to keep it sealed.

The cover was so badass, the art is just mind-blowing

I thought it was awesome how the book had detailed information on every Shinigami introduced, including others that I had never seen. I was hoping it would have a section for the Shinigami King, but there was no picture, or information for him. >_<

(The bookstore only had one copy, so it must have been fate that it was waiting for me.)

Yes, Ral Grad is a different topic, but anything drawn by Obata-sama I want, so of course I got it.
Get two, open one, keep the other sealed^^ *I'm such a geek... *

I liked the shinigami info too, and it did stink about the King

I loved those little graphs...lol. Social skills...

Haha, same reason for Ral Grad

And you have to see this little L name thing, it's the sex! Make Miki get it and open his or look at it online or something!
Old
風林火山

02-19-2008, 04:02 PM

Hahaha! I saw the L card online, on a DN site that I go to when book 13 was still only in Japanese. The owner of the site bought and scanned the book, including the name card for L, so I got to see it then.

Those graphs were cool. It showed how L had no social skills what so ever. I found it funny.

I also took a look at the interviews with the writer, Oba. I have to say that I found it a little odd how the writer imagined L's nationality to be four different ones. I always imagined L as 3/4 English, and perhaps a little Japanese.

I am curious to know why the author imagined him as being a quarter Russian, along with French, Japanese and English. Hmmm.......
Old
Rikku777 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-19-2008, 04:24 PM

Those interviews were pretty tight, I always imagined L almost completely English...(as in, 'bloody wanker' English ) But I guess L is just to cool and has a mix of everything...I have French in me too...Ah, the language of love...