JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
Pip (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Pip
10-28-2009, 05:11 PM

I watched the first movie aswell it was pretty okayish. I still need to watch L change the world but I heard it was kinda bad. Hoping that there will be some awesome death note movies in the future and maybe a new anime...
Old
LordKiwii (Offline)
JF Regular

10-29-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip View Post
I watched the first movie aswell it was pretty okayish. I still need to watch L change the world but I heard it was kinda bad. Hoping that there will be some awesome death note movies in the future and maybe a new anime...
I liked L change the world :P But then again I L so every movie with him in it is good in my eyes Weren't they making an American version about DN?

Don't worry you're just as sane as I am ~ Luna Lovegood

I'm not weird. You are all just too normal.

STAY TRUE TO YOURSELF

My favorite bands (atm) all in one crappy made signature, yaay! Cinema Bizarre, DBSK, The GazettE and An Cafe!
Old
DaisukeKigurou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-02-2009, 07:10 AM

Actually, they were, and Zac Efron was going to play as Light. The idea of another Death Note live action movie made by Americans seems kind of stupid. Think of it this way, we already have a Japanese live action movie of Death Note, why do we need another one? And besides, Hollywood has been sucking for quite sometime when it comes to movies. The last time they turned some anime in to movies, they sucked big time. Remember "Dragon Ball Evolution" and "Speed Racer"? *shudders*

I REALLY don't like the fact that they're casting Zac Efron as Light Yagami (Kira). I mean come ON the guy was in ALL the High School Musical movies, PLUS the movies were made by Disney. Doesn't that give you a hint, that maybe HE isn't a good candidate for acting in the American adaption of the Death note live action movie? Okay, I'll give them props for the fact that Zac looks like Light, but I REALLY don't think he has that Light Yagami feel.

Light has this God complex, he hates the world, hates criminals, AND he hates idiots. Light Yagami wanted to fix the world by killing criminals and idiots. I REALLY don't think Zac can live up to being like Light in the movie. Zac is TOO nice. He doesn't have that same hate Light has in his heart nor, that psychotic look that Light did in the Manga and the anime.

Eventhough Light was nice to people in the anime and the manga, he was only hiding the truth about what he ACTUALLY was doing and it was just way of manipulating people into doing what he wanted them to do for him. I just don't think Zac can do that. As far as looks go, if you look like the character thats great but if you CAN'T act like the character on screen NOR share some of the characters same trats like the character in the book or video game you're adapting into a movie from, then I really don't think you can be the character.

But this is just my opinion.

Last edited by DaisukeKigurou : 07-29-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old
madlove (Offline)
New to JF

11-04-2009, 03:48 AM

man.. i really wanna watch this anime.. looks promising.
Old
LordKiwii (Offline)
JF Regular

11-04-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisukeKigurou View Post
Actually, they were, and Zac Efron was going to play as Light.
O.o You've got to be kidding me. Zac Efron? T.T There goes the movie. No offence against him or fans of him of course, but he's just not suited as Light. Ok he has the hairstyle a little bit, but that's it.
He's an innocent disney actor T.T I doubt he can be as serious/smart/evil and crazy looking () as Light....

Don't worry you're just as sane as I am ~ Luna Lovegood

I'm not weird. You are all just too normal.

STAY TRUE TO YOURSELF

My favorite bands (atm) all in one crappy made signature, yaay! Cinema Bizarre, DBSK, The GazettE and An Cafe!
Old
Kurochii (Offline)
New to JF

11-12-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKiwii View Post
O.o You've got to be kidding me. Zac Efron? T.T There goes the movie. No offence against him or fans of him of course, but he's just not suited as Light. Ok he has the hairstyle a little bit, but that's it.
He's an innocent disney actor T.T I doubt he can be as serious/smart/evil and crazy looking () as Light....
I agree with you, I don't like the fact that Zac is going to act like Light O:
I think that Zac is to ugly for being Light(Sorry Zac fans) O:

iHeart; Vampires,, Demons,, Death Angels,, Devils<3
Old
Oren (Offline)
glad to be back

Send a message via Yahoo to Oren
01-03-2010, 10:47 PM

damn Hollywood. Zac Effron as Light is like Lady GaGa as Misa.
*gouges eyes out with a chopstick*

Peace Love Recycle
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
01-03-2010, 10:52 PM

Zac Efron denied it a lot of time ago. Taylo Kitsch will be Light instead.

Taylor Kitsch - Marvel Movies Wiki - Wolverine, Iron Man 2, Thor

No one will be able to match the anime though. Anime version of Light is just unimaginable for any actor.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
Old
Oren (Offline)
glad to be back

Send a message via Yahoo to Oren
01-03-2010, 10:56 PM

EWE!!!! *swallows gouged out eyeballs* I'll never give that movie the time of day. just like us Americans...can't leave well enuff alone

Peace Love Recycle
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

01-03-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren View Post
damn Hollywood. Zac Effron as Light is like Lady GaGa as Misa.
*gouges eyes out with a chopstick*
XD So true!! Or even worse . . .-Shudders- HANNAH MONTANA But Emily Osmett might be able to pull it off . . .

Hey everyone, Spell Yagami backwards to reaveal the answer to all of Light's anger :P