JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
Sunstar (Offline)
New to JF

11-16-2010, 10:17 PM

I totally agree. Zac Efron will kill the series, and I would probably burn the DVD if it ever got to me in some miraculous way. Even though I'm on L's side, it would be a shame to humiliate Light like that. We need to stop this madness... *plots evil plan* However, I'm excited about the fact that America is stepping up to make something like a Death Note movie. America isn't that big on making Japanese rewrites on movies/animes, so this could be interesting. Does anyone know when it is predicted to be out, or even if they've started yet?

I'm an artist who listens to music, likes anime, and can barely speak Japanese. Oh, and did I mention I'm a fangirl?
Old
konbini (Offline)
JF Regular

11-17-2010, 07:17 AM

Just found out that Chairman Kaga from Iron chef plays Light's father. How cool is that!
Old
LycanOtaku (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to LycanOtaku Send a message via MSN to LycanOtaku
11-17-2010, 09:48 AM

It's funny, just the other day I had this urge to watch my Death Note movies... I love me some L... Hehe...

I'm kinda odd, in that I do prefer the movies to the anime (unless the anime is subbed, then I can deal with it)... The english voices... They bother me terribly, lol...

And with that in mind I am really interested in the american remake of Death Note, so long as they get decent actors to be in it... Zac Efron would be cause enough to boycott... >_<
Old
ShinJon (Offline)
New to JF

11-17-2010, 12:49 PM

The manga is very interesting story to me and still am reading it have not finished it yet! Keep it up Death Note!!

New to Japanese.
Learning is like growing a beautiful tree.
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
11-17-2010, 01:58 PM

I had a humorous moment in Fry's electronics the other day.

I am standing in the midst of their anime section (the gray haired old lady amongst a couple of teenagers and a clerk or two) when suddenly from my purse there is a loud, hoarse voice .....
"Watashi wa Kira des"
(the ring tone for one of my friends who always texts instead of calls - except this time)

I was getting some very confused and startled looks.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
11-17-2010, 02:06 PM

Hahaha!! I'd kill to see their expressions. XD

They must have been thinking, "And I thought I was hardcore."

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
Old
LycanOtaku (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to LycanOtaku Send a message via MSN to LycanOtaku
11-23-2010, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
I had a humorous moment in Fry's electronics the other day.

I am standing in the midst of their anime section (the gray haired old lady amongst a couple of teenagers and a clerk or two) when suddenly from my purse there is a loud, hoarse voice .....
"Watashi wa Kira des"
(the ring tone for one of my friends who always texts instead of calls - except this time)

I was getting some very confused and startled looks.

That sounds like it was quite the amusing situation... I, too, would have liked to have seen their expressions... I had Ryuk's laugh on my old phone for a ringtone... I'm so not liking my current phone, because I can't have any custom ringtones on it... Hahaha
Old
Nki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Nki
L - 11-24-2010, 04:25 AM

L RuLes!!!

Nki Loves You.
Old
Sunstar (Offline)
New to JF

01-04-2011, 07:28 AM

I wish I actually had a working phone. I would probably make L's song my ringtone. Ha ha. I'd probably get a few facepalms from some innocent people just walking by. Just the thought of it makes me laugh!

I'm an artist who listens to music, likes anime, and can barely speak Japanese. Oh, and did I mention I'm a fangirl?
Old
Aniymay (Offline)
The Anime Renagade

Send a message via Yahoo to Aniymay
Thumbs up 01-04-2011, 07:50 AM

OMJesus! ok Death Note is awesome! It has to be the best sepensful anime i have ever watched! I mean it always leaves u on the edge of ur seat lurking for more and I love it!!!! My fave peeps up there have 2 be L and Ryuk XD at 1st i hated L becuase he was always in Lights way, buut then once it got closer and close to L's (SPOILER!!!) i started 2 realize how evil Light really was! and After L's (SPOILER!!!) i hated Light since then!!

and the ending of Death Note was phenominal!!! I mean i've never seen a villian tooken down in his own game in such a way! I mean, seriously Near and Mellow work great 2gether (though Mellow seems psycho ) thats why for all u guys that Love Death Note, u gotta watch Code Geass, cause the story format is just about the same with the same amazingness in it!!

oh and by the way Obata, and Ohba are an amazing pair and work great together, especially in Bakuman, thats a great manga by them 2 XD

Hiya! Aniymay is:

~Hard to be Soft
Tough to be Tender~