JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for in the US election if you could?
John McCain (right/Republican) 27 23.68%
Barrack Obama (left/Democrat) 80 70.18%
Other (please do tell) 7 6.14%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
RegPaq (Offline)
JF Regular

06-05-2008, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
I'm curious to know what these Muslim ties are and how this is a bad thing.

And there is no way to know whether, or to what degree the media is telling you the truth I suppose... but I wonder..... where are you getting the information from which form your opinion?

As for the God part? I don't believe in God... but I'd like to know how you figure that God favours America over other nations. As far as I understand the Christian God founded Earth and values ALL it's people.
I'm sorry you don't believe in God, but I never said favors!!! The principles of the bible and values of Christianity were in the core foundation of the United States. thats why our currency, governemnt buildings, and the Constitution all have large references to God.
(#62 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-05-2008, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegPaq View Post
Its in history that during time of war, the American people tend to reelect presidents, but i don't disagree with you ENTIRELY about that fear thing. This war has been long and even though we aren't really seeing effects in America like war activity, they are seeing a lot on their end. It has been ridiculously expensive and our debt has skyrocketed from clinton's time to bush's time, but that spending is inevitable in times of war. Our militia has done a lot over there, a lot. A lot of good things for not only our protection but other countries as well.
But why, as an American citizen, hard-working man, honest tax-payer...

Why should I pay for the Mid-East rebuilding when schools in my neighborhood have to cut music, art, and sports programs because there is not enough money?

Quote:
Terrorism is in all countries and the largest group of terrorists are Muslim fanatics. In the past, there were a lot of 'free countries' or countries with lots of freedom. America is the last one and everyone knows it, you can't deny it. You can't deny America is a country where you can do anything. Its the most desired country to immigrate. That being said, this war is doing a lot of good at an expensive price, but that price is worth it. Its keeping our country free.
Explain how it is worth it. I can't afford to fill my gas tank. The price of gas has quadrupled in the last couple years. The price is worth it? Explain.

Quote:
People say that we shouldn't have gotten into this war from the beginning? realllllyyyy. New York was attacked and thousands of people died. WE had to do something. If you know Americans, they don't take shit from no one. People from there 40s and up understand this. They saw how things worked from their parents time and from their childhood, especially from World War II. Most of them can understand that what we are doing over there is necessary, because freedom isn't free. Its expensive.
None of the 9/11 hijakers were from Iraq. Almost all of them were from our ALLY Saudi Arabia. We had to do "something". It's like the Three Stooges. Moe hit us in the head, so we hit Curly in the nuts. Hooray! We did "something".

This schoolyard philosophy of world politics only results in human lives lost and consumers punished. We are experiencing that right now.

Quote:
Look at us now. People want to leave their country to live in ours. We have the strongest economy, our hands are outstretched everywhere. People think we are in a recession, but more than half of the U.S. population doesn't know what a recession is. Or even what GDP is. Bush and our gov doesn't control gas prices. Its an imported good sold to us by foreign countries. The price is high because they can sell it high and higher. We just can't stop buying gas because the price is too high? gov tax on gas is something like +18 cents at the pump. GAS PRICES ARENT CONTROLLED BY BUSH OR THE GOV.
So why are we givng tax breaks to Exxon and all the other American oil manufacturers who have posted the largest profits EVER in an American corporation. In the FIRST 3 MONTHS of 2008 they had over 36 BILLION in PROFIT. And our government is afraid to tax them for it. WHY?

Quote:
Lastly, Today, the younger generation (like me) are all brainwashed by the media. Wait don't blow up on this. Every single major media station whether it be CNN, FOX, or NBC and all those others including the LA and NY times are owned and controlled by liberals. FACT. look it up. Its so obvious, too. All the media is on Obama and Hilary. My generation watches a lot of TV and are easily influenced through advertising. Politics is all advertising. They are all liars. MTV is ridiculous, they advertise obama and hilarly like every ten minutes. Which reminds me what MMM said earlier. Something like 'obama has muslim ties so they would be less likely to attack us than if mccain were in office.' Im sorry but first can't you see that the muslim group is the one who attacked us in the first place and now your voting for one to be our president? hahahaha. Obama hasn't even had political experience. He's not going to know what to do besides listen to his advisors. Presidents are suppose to know what they are doing. they were originally also suppose to be war generals. Now, why the hell is congress all up in their business saying we have to approve before the president makes any movements on the battlefield. political correctness doesn't work. Muslim groups will have a key contact into the highest standing political figure and power in America. Everyone should be afraid of that. Why would Obama want to pull troops out? because the muslim groups he has ties to are telling him to (telling also consists of bribes on a humngous scale. haha you see his new house?) Whats his middle name again? like hussein or something. hahaha cmon people.
You paint your own picture of ignorance on that rant. No comment from me necessary.

Quote:
sorry for rant didn't mean to go on hahaha
No problem at all.
(#63 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-05-2008, 08:26 AM

Quote:
It is also FACT that major media news stations and newspapers of which i listed are owned and run by liberals.
Where? In the US? Please start quoting some sources.
(#64 (permalink))
Old
blimp (Offline)
偽関西人

06-05-2008, 09:32 AM

trying to stay out of us domestic politics as much as possible, even though unfortunately it effects us quite a bit here, in the rest of the world. i even spoke to this elder man at the bento-stand not too long from where i work and he had exactly the same opinion. that it is an election in the us but unfortunately it has an impact on so many more people than just the us citizen.

i think it is too bad that the us politics is so influenced by religion and that obama is not a believer in free trade.

六甲颪(おろし)に 颯爽(さっそう)と
蒼天(そうてん)翔(か)ける日輪(にちりん)の
青春の覇気 美(うるわ)しく
輝く我が名ぞ 阪神タイガース
※オウ オウ オウオウ 阪神タイガース フレ フレ フレフレ
(#65 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

06-05-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
WTF is that suppose to mean? I dont know what is worse, the fact you are making jokes about something that is true, or that maybe you are joking because you are actually unaware that many muslims have blown themselves up in the south of this country, where I am. And explain themselves by saying that THEY are unable to coexist with 'corrupt' Thai culture...

I have seen a truck driving around Phuket with Osama Bin Laden pictures painted on it... fuck bags. They will get theirs for their insolence soon enough.
[/b]
I was taking the PISS out of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't get it, then don't worry. Be happy

Not so sure about Obama anymore. His views on Jerusalem don't make sense. He said that it should stay part of Israel, and should stay undevided. I have two problems with that; first, he should just leave these kind of issues to be sorted out between the people of Israel and Palestine. I don't think he should concern himself with it, and he shouldn't make himself involved just to get more votes.
Secondly, if he thinks that Jerusalem is undivided, then he's not as smart as I thought he was
(#66 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-05-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry you don't believe in God, but I never said favors!!! The principles of the bible and values of Christianity were in the core foundation of the United States. thats why our currency, governemnt buildings, and the Constitution all have large references to God.
I don't know much about it's founding... but isn't the US today supposed to be a Secular country as opposed to a Christian country?

I thought references to God were simply a sign of the times the US was founded.
(#67 (permalink))
Old
xGatck (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to xGatck
06-05-2008, 12:06 PM

i can finally vote this year :3
Obama! ftw
(#68 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

06-05-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
You asked why people would change and I answered. If you want to rationalize that way, that's fine. Every country goes through political turns and changes.
Eh, where did I ask you why people would change o.o
Anyway the point i'm making is that unless trends change, the people of America are eventually going to repeat mistakes of the past. Since America is a super power, who they vote in obviously effects the rest of the globe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Naturally I cannot guarantee either Obama or McCain can win. I think a lot has to happen and will happen over the next 5 months. But just know that to even have a black man be nominated as the Democratic nominee is a huge deal in America, and it does show progress and shows the world that America may not be quite as racist as the world often thinks.
Oh yes but choosing a president on the merit of colour and to appease the rest of the world based on one issue, (the progress America makes on racism) isn't really a healthy way to go about things. I'm sure for that reason, Obama has been trying to show some backbone which is the right way to go about things. There's things I still disagree with him on but as a whole, I guess he is the "much" lesser of two evils

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#69 (permalink))
Old
defilekees (Offline)
Miscellaneous

Send a message via AIM to defilekees Send a message via MSN to defilekees Send a message via Yahoo to defilekees Send a message via Skype™ to defilekees
06-05-2008, 01:08 PM

honestly...I dun care who becomes the next president... -_-'
they gonna die anyway...i hate politics

Close your eyes...They can see your fear Don't let them take you.. or let you near.. The great beyond That mad men fear!
(#70 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)
Where's the rock lobster?

06-05-2008, 01:13 PM

i WOULD OF LIKED IT IF oBAMA AND hILARY WERE RUNNING MATES.... Sorry for the caps.

MY JF FAMILY and Fellow Pervs
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasyfact/jffamily.htm
Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
fantasyfact.proboards54.com