JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Kajitsu (Offline)
Is a very strange fruit.

06-16-2008, 11:02 PM

Nyororin, do you know how many times I look at your posts and want to say, "good point"?

More than I actually have, certainly. I will always keep your opinions in mind.

Avatar credit to Tejou from Digik Designs
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
06-16-2008, 11:03 PM

I've never been to an onsen but I'd like to one day. I don't think I'd mind being naked around other people who are also naked, plus most of the time you're covered by the water so people don't get the chance to stare for too long ^^ One thing that would really bug me though is the thought of being in contact with the water other naked people have been touched by xD! But then again, it's like in the beach or public pools, so I guess it's all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
i dont mind about the naked thing... when ur packing what im packing you get naked every opportunity you get... joke.... but seriously.... i have a huge @#$%
I am impressed by your modesty, and also by your... errr yeah, let's leave it at that for now

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

06-16-2008, 11:31 PM

I like them alot, nothing like a nice relaxing soak but I never felt any how about being naked around others. Its not like there junk is any different from mine . . . Or are they *raised eye brow*.
I once went in a mixed bath with a friend of mine and I couldn't really keep my eyes at bay but she was the only good looking girl in there, the rest were old ladys ^_______^. I doubt they would let me in now cause of my tat but this was when I was pure and innocent the good ol days.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
06-16-2008, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
While I won`t comment on your personal feelings of discomfort - onsens are actually fairly low on the germs. A lot of people seem to have some misconceptions regarding that part.

Onsens (and sento, really) have been shown to have considerably fewer germs than chlorinated pools (and infinitely fewer than lakes/rivers/ocean, but that`s dirty by nature). The big points are 1) People bathe BEFORE getting into the water with other people. 2) The water is constantly flowing, and is always in the process of being changed.

People in an onsen are clean. They`ve just washed themselves down, and removed all the unpleasant grime. They also are naked, so no germ and bacteria bearing swimsuits. In a pool or other bathing situation, a swimsuit actually offers negative protection. Instead of keeping germs away, it actually absorbs them and holds them against your skin. Not to mention that in a pool, as everyone else doesn`t need to bathe before they get in, you might have a kid with a feces encrusted bottom who hasn`t taken a bath in a month. A bathing suit is definitely not going to protect you.
Not everyone super washes themselves x.x there is always the selective few who are fast and lazy so can't guarantee everyone is nice and clean.

I've never thought about the swim suit thing.. but that's uh.. pretty damn gross. o.O.. and a terrible thing to read when you just bought 3 different expensive bikinis. Thanks alot .

Also, rarely do I swim in any body of water besides the one in my own backyard x.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
I am impressed by your modesty, and also by your... errr yeah, let's leave it at that for now
You act like you've seen it. << xD

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

06-17-2008, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveV View Post

You act like you've seen it. << xD
I couldn't hold in my laughs when I read that Hahahahahaha!

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

06-17-2008, 12:19 AM

Never been to one but being naked infront of people is VERY embarrasing.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-17-2008, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Not everyone super washes themselves x.x there is always the selective few who are fast and lazy so can't guarantee everyone is nice and clean.
Being as you also wash where everyone else can see you, that is probably a lot rarer than you think.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
VisualLace (Offline)
New to JF

06-17-2008, 02:15 AM

I've never been to one, but I'd love to go someday; it sounds really relaxing! Cleaner than a pool and bigger than a bath tub, with no one splashing around .
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-17-2008, 03:09 AM

Quote:
I don't think I'd like being naked in a body of water where there are other naked people.
For one I'd be terribly uncomfortable.
I'd be thinking of all the germs swimming around with me <<

And I also have a tattoo.
I think I'll stick to my boring bathtub.

Me to!

That's why you bath completely and rinse well before getting in. I'm a bit of a germ phobe, too. But people clean themselves well first, if it makes a difference.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-17-2008, 03:12 AM

there are some differences in body type and for men there is the circumcision thing, so sometmies there is a difference. Has anyone ever had a funny/different experiences at an onsen?

Last edited by Paul11 : 06-17-2008 at 03:19 AM.