JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Are you proud of your country?
Yes 133 56.60%
No 102 43.40%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#231 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
09-22-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
You recomend Apocolypto... Fux sake...

Suki, sweety, the Mayans in that wiki are refered to as "post classic". What they are trying to say is some of the basic culture was still alive and the people still had the same blood as their idolized ancestors. However, the Mayan Empire as a nation was destroyed long ago. Post classic Mayans are more correctly just waring tribes rather than a united force.

The Spanish really only met opposition by a new force, the Incan Empire, or "Aztecs". The Aztec Empire was only about 100 years old when the Spanish arrived. I believe the greatest misfortune is that such a young and clearly unique Empire was given only such a short amount of time to evolve. Had they been left I believe they would have conquered the whole of both the Americas and even been capable of fighting back the Europeans on all 3 fronts.
When the Spanish ships got there the Mayans were the first civilization they encountered. The decline of the Mayan society had long been forecast and at that time the Mayan Empire had already lost most of its power, but it was Columbus and his crew who killed them off entirely.

Quote:
Who did they come in contact with? I can not remember any record of external influence since white men got there.
They are aware of the existence of a "better life". I watch documentaris all the time and you see white men dressed in their finest suits talking to a tribe of half-dressed people who eat insects and die of snake bits on a daily basis. If they wanted to, they could try and live the so-called "American Way". They know they could live in a world where you get biten by a snake and are taken to a hospital, yet they don't want to change their ways, what they have grown accustomed to. So, according to you, they're dumb for not wanting to prosper and improve their quality of life, is that what you were saying earlier?

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#232 (permalink))
Old
Fooflowers (Offline)
ETiD

Send a message via MSN to Fooflowers Send a message via Skype™ to Fooflowers
09-23-2008, 01:53 PM

Well im from Norway and i dont think thers much to fault them for except for the minor issue of the whole viking thing apart from that we are pretty good

/shoot to thrill
(#233 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

09-23-2008, 02:23 PM

Just want to mention - this thread isn't for country bashing. I appreciate you were all debating but if you want to insult each other and/or your countries then please don't do it here.
(#234 (permalink))
Old
Rogozhin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-23-2008, 02:28 PM

I'm very proud of Japan and proud, to a lesser extent, of Australia (we just need to weed out some bogans and improve the public transport system)
(#235 (permalink))
Old
emiluvsjmusic (Offline)
JF noob

09-24-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
AFL (Aussie Rules.)

noooooooooooo
rugby (both union and league) is the real football

Death Note fam & Shingami clan
JF family|Emi's Space|Haruhiism
(#236 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

09-24-2008, 12:37 PM

I am a little proud in bring british, but i think due to china's progress in the last few years, im really proud of that too. But they still have MILES to go to improve it completely.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#237 (permalink))
Old
Malenka (Offline)
New to JF

09-24-2008, 01:49 PM

For me proud is the absolutely wrong word..
I'm happy to live here, in a country that is so peacful, no war, big security etc.
We have one of the best public transport systems i think and so on..

But it's still so much to do!
The women still earn less money than the man, there are much politics i can't agree with etc.

And i dislike swiss mentality...
(#238 (permalink))
Old
SGTOkinawa (Offline)
JF Regular

Red face 09-24-2008, 02:40 PM

VERY PROUD of the United States of America.

But I want to live in Japan.

Peace!

SGT_Okinawa

U.S. Army Retired
38 years old
Married w/2 kids
Virginia, USA

(#239 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
09-24-2008, 02:43 PM

Uhm.
I feel lucky to be here.

I'm actually pretty shameful of the U.S and it's possessive ways.
As for Mexico.
Lol
Hell no.

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#240 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-25-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Ronin, how many tools did the aboriginals in Australia have? It is about the same as what homo erectus is thought to have had based on his living conditions. This number falls shorter than 50 tools (both homo erectus and aboriginals are thought to be sea faring, yet this is not proven in either case, building rafts is complex).

How the fuck is saying that racist? You are the idiot. What is it that is so romantic for you about this that makes it so offensive? Not every race is number one. We can be lined up in an order in every manner and the aboriginals finish last everywhere. How is saying that racist? Truth is not racism you fucking degenerate. What is wrong with saying a race of people who could not even carry water when living in the dryest continent on this planet is mentally lacking? Maybe if they performed as equals in the society today you could win some concessions, but no, even with bogus land rights and twice the amount of free welfre money as poor white people get the vast majority of them still live in sub standard accomodation and sit down and get pissed all day.

Oh, wait, it is not their fault they live like this, no one will rent them any decent apartments. Never mind the fucking fact that that is because they always trash the place and dtill don't understand you dont light fires inside a house on a fucking wooden floor.

Fux sake. If you can not say something smart then just say nothing.
Are you for real????

I really have no reply to that because that is the most stupid, ignorant post I've ever read. You're right... truth isn't racism... but what you say is hardly any sort of truth.

Ever heard of cultural pluralism? You do know that the stadial theory has been proved as an outdated theory right? You do know that scientifically race does not exist right? You do realise that any perception of racial or cultural superiority is subjective right? You do realise that your failure to understand the data Suki presented caused by your lack of ability in basic math makes you the idiot right?

I dare you to say any of the above in a respected university and proclaim that as truth. You will be laughed out of the classroom and probably thrown out when they realise how much of a genocidal psycho you are.
Closed Thread