LinkBack Thread Tools
(#81 (permalink))
Old
QuoyaNatsume (Offline)
<==========="Gimm e Sugar"

Send a message via MSN to QuoyaNatsume
11-22-2008, 08:00 AM

*confuzzled* o_O?
so wen I get depressed & hav "certain" thoughts is that considered being human or EMO?!

& why is grunge considered EMO'ish?? I say fuck that, no it isn't!!!
*still confuzzeled*

this is why I jus stick to my Rock/Hip Hop/Metal \m/ long live WACKEN!!!.....& the occassional pop song or 2 <.<......^.^
but I think the "Emover" looks good on certain ppl...it looked nice on Pink when she had it & Pete Wentz & those guyz from My Chemical Romance

MOM-Yuri Yurir-IonFortuna
Stalker To-Excessum GirlFriend to-TheUnknown
Crazy Brother-Narutocrazy101
Big Brother-SeeD
Gatekeeper-animedude3 -Tasty Cream Pie To-Diru0gaze
Son-Thunda Talkative romantic brother-Powermad147
Auntie-tiki808 Auntie to-Eiri& ML
Kittie w/ Wings-Hoshichan 'ly Camera Vixen- Pjok
+~Member of the Tenjho Tenge Clan
Member-Maya Natsume+~
Member of the THE PERVY CLUB!!
~+MeMbEr Of ThE VaMpIrE cLaN+~
(#82 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

11-22-2008, 09:16 AM

Nope not me at all .But i can not stand emotional or very emotional people dont really understand em .

I have emotions but very rarely used i guess thats why i dont get them.I am the type who go's away from people or crowds like to be alone.
(#83 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

11-22-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuoyaNatsume View Post
*confuzzled* o_O?
so wen I get depressed & hav "certain" thoughts is that considered being human or EMO?!

& why is grunge considered EMO'ish?? I say fuck that, no it isn't!!!
*still confuzzeled*

this is why I jus stick to my Rock/Hip Hop/Metal \m/ long live WACKEN!!!.....& the occassional pop song or 2 <.<......^.^
but I think the "Emover" looks good on certain ppl...it looked nice on Pink when she had it & Pete Wentz & those guyz from My Chemical Romance
Being emotional about something is fine. Everyone gets sad sometimes.

I realise that not all emo's fit into this stereotype, but it's the self indulgent 'depression', the taking things for granted and thinking they are so badly done to. They can obviously afford clothes and food - the concept of being grateful for what they have has escaped them entirely.

The reason I don't mind goth is that the actual aim of the whole gothic subculture is to actually see the beauty in life, to appreciate the things in life. Of course there will be some morbid posers, just like emo. But the whole general feeling around it is completely different.

I just feel that the whole genre is based on being over-dramatic and materialistic. Like I said, I'm sure that there is more to it than that, and there will be posers ruining it for everyone, but that's the general feeling I get from the whole 'emo' thing.
(#84 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

11-22-2008, 09:33 AM

Ok MissMisa i agree with the goth part which i think some are to blind to stop and notice that.

But what the heck is this Wicca junk? I always hear people talk about that .
(#85 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

11-22-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutiiven View Post
Ok MissMisa i agree with the goth part which i think some are to blind to stop and notice that.

But what the heck is this Wicca junk? I always hear people talk about that .
Wicca or Paganism is somewhat a religion, and is said to be the oldest religion. I was heavily interested in this for a time, so I know a lot about it. It is still something I follow today. It's basically a set of beliefs in which you care about the environment, and the whole kind of ideas behind it is that 'if it doesn't harm anyone, do what you want to,' basically. It's just a set of ways to life your life in the best way basically. It really varies though, it can be associated with 'white witches,' and spells and that sort of thing, some people worship multiple gods and others just stick to the guidelines of life, like myself. It's just something in the back of your mind in your daily life. In some areas I find it a bit weird and don't really believe those things, but the beauty of it is that you can go as far as you like, and no-one really bothers. There isn't a holy book or anything, it's basically just the idea of respecting one another and so on.

In any case, a lot of poser goths do hijack it as some satanic 'I'm different because I'm Wiccan!' thing. Make it out like it's something it really isn't. My Nana was somewhat into pagan beliefs so I knew about those before I knew what Goth was.
(#86 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

11-22-2008, 10:03 AM

wow that is a lot of stuff there.But from what i have just read from you there makes it sound a lot better then i was thinking.

But posers are in all different things tho are they not? pagan was that the main one for vikings or would it be earlier then that?Thanks for the info there .I keep talking to you i will learn a lot more.

By nana do you mean grand mother? you must read a lot or be around people who know a lot.

when did you change the thing below the username? nice sig btw.

But in some ways it reminds me of what i read about shinto.
(#87 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

11-22-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutiiven View Post
wow that is a lot of stuff there.But from what i have just read from you there makes it sound a lot better then i was thinking.

But posers are in all different things tho are they not? pagan was that the main one for vikings or would it be earlier then that?Thanks for the info there .I keep talking to you i will learn a lot more.

By nana do you mean grand mother? you must read a lot or be around people who know a lot.

when did you change the thing below the username? nice sig btw.

But in some ways it reminds me of what i read about shinto.
Yep, posers are everywhere unfortunately xD
It's hard to slap a date on it because it varies so much, but Pagan traditions are way over 2000 years old.

Yeah by Nana I mean my gran, for some reason in England sometimes people call your Dad's mother 'Nana.' Not always though, but I did.

I've had my userthingy since I got mod And thanks ~
(#88 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

11-22-2008, 10:43 AM

lol yeah very true but u can usually tell who they are.

But the timeline must be really far back if its that old i .Oh ok i was curious there because i have never heard that before and its quite confusing .

Since there are so many different words there then in the States.
(#89 (permalink))
Old
Ningyou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Ningyou
11-23-2008, 01:19 AM

I think the whole emo thing is a bit silly. I'm not going to dislike anyone because of how they identify, but I just personally think it's weird. And the music is..bad. But to each their own, and everyone is allowed to like whatever they want. I also think it's silly that emo is short for emotional but it became a music/fashion thing.
(#90 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-23-2008, 02:10 PM

You don't know Wicca?What a shame Sutiiven.