LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-13-2009, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
I have to attend every class otherwise I won't be put in for my exams. I'm still in my final year of A Levels, but Uni is fast approaching now and I have no money 0_0

Like I said, I'm not entitled to any financial aid... scholarships are extremely difficult to come by. I will look into that though. I want to look into all my options in the best way possible.
I mean, couldn't you take a break from school altogether to work up some cash?

Thief, thanks, but you're not helping. When you're young it sounds ideal to just riot and make everything change. Fact is, we're adults trying to make ends meet.

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

01-13-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSamurai89 View Post
Yeah Im a bit nervous what happens when I transfer out of this college. It feels like people try to scare me about the college I want to go to. That its really top and costs alot. I want to go for animation. The college is a design school and requires you to have a laptop and stuff. But I just keep telling myself it will work out in the end and I will find a way. I hate how it always comes down to the money. >o< I thought college was free in your country? Or is that only certain parts? In any case, thats how it works here. Some loans and grants are better than none. I would take what you can get just to get started. Dont they offer jobs at the college?
College is free, University isn't.

In England it goes: Nursery > Primary School > High School > College or 6th Form > University.

Exams go like this: Primary School [SATs Exams] > High School [SATs and GCSEs.] > To get to 6th Form or College you need good GCSEs > 6th Form/College [A Levels or BTEC] > To get into Uni you need good A Levels/BTEC and a bunch of other stuff > University. [Degree.]

Kind of confusing I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
I mean, couldn't you take a break from school altogether to work up some cash?

Thief, thanks, but you're not helping. When you're young it sounds ideal to just riot and make everything change. Fact is, we're adults trying to make ends meet.
Erm basically no, see now I'm doing A Levels, and then in September I go to Uni. I could take a gap year, but I have nothing to do at the moment and it'd feel like wasting time and money. And I've already applied and got into University. There is a few weeks spare between the end of A Levels and Uni but it's not really enough time.

I'm getting paid for some odd graphic design jobs, but they aren't that frequent.

Last edited by MissMisa : 01-13-2009 at 04:27 PM.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
LostSamurai89 (Offline)
New to JF

01-13-2009, 04:30 PM

Oh~ Can you not transfer to a university? That is alot of stuff 0.o Oh my!

=^_^=

Nyappy!
(#14 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

01-13-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSamurai89 View Post
Oh~ Can you not transfer to a university? That is alot of stuff 0.o Oh my!
University is a whole completely different thing to college here. I got into university but it's £3500 every year. And I'm doing 4 years. I HAVE to go to get the job I want [not to mention my parents would be like D:< if I didn't.]
(#15 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

01-13-2009, 04:32 PM

You could try to find a course taught in English (Unless you know another language) in a European country. That's what I've done. lol. No 3k tuition fee for me. It's only 300 odd euro's. And living expenses are much cheaper than in UK.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
LostSamurai89 (Offline)
New to JF

01-13-2009, 04:33 PM

Yeah I dont know if that works here. 0.o It probably is different I just dont know about that stuff. I know what I need to do. But damn. 0.o

=^_^=

Nyappy!
(#17 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

01-13-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
You could try to find a course taught in English (Unless you know another language) in a European country. That's what I've done. lol. No 3k tuition fee for me. It's only 300 odd euro's. And living expenses are much cheaper than in UK.
Really? Sounds interesting. I really like France. I already got into University here though...
(#18 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

01-13-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Really? Sounds interesting. I really like France. I already got into University here though...
You can still look around... I got into 3 Uni's in England (Math and Computer Science at Imperial College, Computer Science and French at Royal Holloway, and a differed entry to Oxford Uni for Math and Statistics), but a week before I had to choose what I was gonna take, I decided to come to France. For me it was an easy option because I had Oxford to fall back on if I didn't like France, but France was and is a great experience. Plus, I'm able to work for one summer to pay for a semester and a half of life in France.

Also, even though my current uni hasn't got the reputation of any of the uni's I got into, in England, it's course is far more varied. I'm currently doing Math and Physics with modules in Computer Science and French. Varied is good for me because I'm not so certain on what I want!

Last edited by noodle : 01-13-2009 at 04:49 PM.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
01-13-2009, 04:49 PM

Things in my country have a very different situation so I can't give a proper advice. I think trying to get a job would be a good idea, also taking a gap year of course.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?

Last edited by iPhantom : 01-13-2009 at 05:22 PM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

01-13-2009, 05:09 PM

Cut this nonsense young fellows. This is my thread and I have power here Haha.

Anyway thanks to everyone who has given me advice so far