LinkBack Thread Tools
(#101 (permalink))
Old
absolutebrutal (Offline)
New to JF

01-27-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post

Are you talking about the Small Heath ASDA?

No, the new one in Halesowen. That place alone has shaved 10 years off the planet.

::good try but not this time::
(#102 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
01-28-2009, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Well if you've accepted it as "Natural", then dirtying the environment doesn't cause Global Warming does it?
Of course it is wrong to not look after your environment but in that case it becomes irrelevant to this topic.
It doesn`t become irrelevant, because those who seem to be against the theory that human actions are causing the issue also seem to be against humans taking any action to reduce things.

Which is what I don`t understand - Even if global warming is a natural event, I cannot possibly understand why anyone would fight efforts to clean the environment. Even if it`s not going to "save the planet" from warmth, pollution is never a good thing.

So I don`t really care either way. Maybe it is due to humans, maybe it`s not. That`s not what I see as important. What is important is that people actually try to clean things up a bit.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#103 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-28-2009, 04:07 AM

Whether it's man's fault or not, there is and there will be global warming. Scientifically, the sun is a star and it grows hotter.

It may not be the kind of global warming we know, but it's real.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
(#104 (permalink))
Old
superheel (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-28-2009, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Why don't we deal with the task at hand... we'll leave the sun problem for several billion years until it is actually relevant...
Well, I just thought I'd bring it up for those people who says it will not happen.

"Save the earth from Global Warming!"
(#105 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-28-2009, 08:15 AM

no matter what we do now the effects cannot be reversed, the scientists wont admit that - but its true so there actually is no point trying to be green.

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#106 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

01-28-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
It doesn`t become irrelevant, because those who seem to be against the theory that human actions are causing the issue also seem to be against humans taking any action to reduce things.

Which is what I don`t understand - Even if global warming is a natural event, I cannot possibly understand why anyone would fight efforts to clean the environment. Even if it`s not going to "save the planet" from warmth, pollution is never a good thing.

So I don`t really care either way. Maybe it is due to humans, maybe it`s not. That`s not what I see as important. What is important is that people actually try to clean things up a bit.
Its irrelevant cos it starts up a new argument. Its the same 'people', (i'd love to use a better word here) who say that they rather not help sick or dying people around the world, for whatever conclusions they've drawn up based on circumstantial evidence.

Yes people should clean up and be mindful of everything, as well as the environment. That is another thread though.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers
(#107 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-29-2009, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Interesting how this thread suddenly died. I wonder if no one can keep up, or if it is just boring for others...
I think people just don't want to repeat themselves.
(#108 (permalink))
Old
zed (Offline)
JF Regular

01-30-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
By your logic, a person drowing at sea is being poisoned...
there is nothing wrong with my logic,I just said that if something that you breath normally starts making you sick, then it is polluting the air because of the concentration of it, a person drowning at sea is a tragedy but it has nothing to do whith what I was implying.

anyway, Co2 was declared a pollutant in 1998, in 2003 the Clean Air Act stopped the regulations,so that automovile manufacturers and power plants could avoid making costly changes. And taking this excuse in 2006 the EPA's General Counsel said that because it was not regulated it was not a pollutant, now that is a logic I can't understand.

HI JF I AM BACK!!!
Original language: spanish learning to write in english......so be patient.