blame yourself before blaming others...

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!

(#72 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-23-2009, 09:58 PM

To all of those that complain that these discussions are cut off by the mods just when they are getting good, I would point out this thread is on the cusp of that point, as the discussion has been reduced to a lot of name calling.

If that can be remedied, then it will remain open. If not, it will be closed.
(#73 (permalink))
Old
ivi0nk3y (Offline)
Calm Like A Bomb

01-23-2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
To all of those that complain that these discussions are cut off by the mods just when they are getting good, I would point out this thread is on the cusp of that point, as the discussion has been reduced to a lot of name calling.

If that can be remedied, then it will remain open. If not, it will be closed.
Then sort out the people who ARE name calling. Its amazing how everyone has to suffer just cos of one or two idiots.
The 'debate' had been going fine, however in depth and heated it had been getting. I was actually learning a lot and was especially interested about the 'hole in the ozone layer' issue.

Everyone has a right to speak their opinions and everyone has a right to refute those opinions.
Sort out the people who can't do one or the other, or both, in a civil manner.

Truth Hurts

LIFE THREATENING
Lifestyles
A HITMAN, A NUN
Lovers

Last edited by ivi0nk3y : 01-23-2009 at 10:46 PM.
(#74 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-23-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivi0nk3y View Post
Then sort out the people who ARE name calling. Its amazing how everyone has to suffer just cos of one or two idiots.
The 'debate' had been going fine, however in depth and heated it had been getting.

Everyone has a right to speak their opinions and everyone has a right to refute those opinions.
Sort out the people who can't do either in a civil manner.
It would be nice if people could keep their tempers in check and their egos in their pockets so mods didn't have to act like babysitters for members that know better.

Aniki and Bureda: Consider this your warning. If you want to continue to post here, don't insult people. If you can't do that you will be going on vacation.

Last edited by MMM : 01-24-2009 at 02:08 AM.
(#75 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-24-2009, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
I don't give a damn on mostly what the media and others say. All I need is to go outside to see what's happening with the climate. I live in a geographical zone where all four seasons occur in the year. 15 years ago everything was normal the summers where hot and there was plenty of snow in the winter. But right now the summers are really hot and getting more hotter, while the winters are a rainy and there practically no snow now. And since I live by the sea the weather right now changes every week from freezing (-17C) to warm (+3C) and this is not normal here. Somehow I find it hard to believe that Global cooling has got anything to do with this.

If you'd pull that arrogant head of yours out of your ass and look at Zed's sig. you'll see that English is not his native language, so it's naturally that he makes mistakes. An intelligent person (especially a teacher) would understand that, it's obvious that you're not one of them.
Point taken.

As for temperatures in your home area, how about looking at this year's record, and comparing it to records of past years. These records shouldn't be hard for you to find. Tell me what they say.

2008 is projected to be the coldest year this decade for London.

Last edited by Sangetsu : 01-24-2009 at 01:25 AM.
(#76 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
01-24-2009, 02:00 AM

I honestly believe it's meant to go this way. We all know that earth is going under in the future. When? We don't know exactly.
But the end of existence needs a reason - or at least a cause.

What I'm trying to say is, that if global warming (and alike) didn't wipe us off the earth at some point - something else will. A major natural force if you may. This is gonna sound corny, but that's how it is meant to be.

I can hardly take this reply seriously, as it's coming from my-very-self. But I really believe that this is how it's supposed to go.

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#77 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

01-24-2009, 03:18 AM

Global Warming is BS. The other is ALWAYS going through a time of heat, and a time of cool.

It's good to save energy and resources, but it is not contributing to Global Warming.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#78 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-24-2009, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna7780 View Post
Global Warming is BS. The other is ALWAYS going through a time of heat, and a time of cool.

It's good to save energy and resources, but it is not contributing to Global Warming.
Which reminds me. I just read an interesting article about agnotology, which applied absolutely to this thread, and the above post.

Basically agnotology is the study of culturally cultivated ignorance. The more information out there the less that is true. People believe what they want to believe but now have all the sources they want to back it up.

The more information we have access to, the more ignorant we are. Therefore you have fewer people believing in evolution, that Obama is a Christian and in Global Warming.

Food for thought.
(#79 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

01-24-2009, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Which reminds me. I just read an interesting article about agnotology, which applied absolutely to this thread, and the above post.

Basically agnotology is the study of culturally cultivated ignorance. The more information out there the less that is true. People believe what they want to believe but now have all the sources they want to back it up.

The more information we have access to, the more ignorant we are. Therefore you have fewer people believing in evolution, that Obama is a Christian and in Global Warming.

Food for thought.
Oh trust me... I read books about Global Warming nonsense.

I have the right to say what I think, and I think you are being rude towards my opinion.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#80 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-24-2009, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna7780 View Post
Oh trust me... I read books about Global Warming nonsense.

I have the right to say what I think, and I think you are being rude towards my opinion.
I wasn't being rude at all.

You spoke with authority: "Global Warming is BS".

That is interesting to me when professional and layperson's opinion tend to swing the other way.

It's like saying "Gravity is BS" in my head.

So what books have you read?