LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-31-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reavyn View Post
Sure, it might help signify power domestically. But once they actually hit a country with one it will be over. I doubt China would even step in for them anymore.
Why bother creating a new war when South Korea is already in a very huge political crisis?

For Japan, they first have to confront their old controversial adversary Chosen Soren, the North Korean representative in Japan. Now here's a problem: thanks to Japan's political crisis right now, it is very difficult to confront this pro-North Korean domestic group.

China and Russia will not. North Korea needs Russia and China's secret approval to actually act up. With the recent nuclear experiment, it is now impossible for North Korea.

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Japan pushing to get Article 9 revised in light of current missile testing by North Korea? I thought I had read it somewhere but can't remember...
Doubt it when the LDP is not in the best shape. Article 9 could be revised... maybe 3-4 years ago. Now I don't think this is possible.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
kirakira (Offline)
己所不欲勿施於人

06-01-2009, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Sure, it might help signify power domestically. But once they actually hit a country with one it will be over. I doubt China would even step in for them anymore.
Correct, radio fallout would be bad for everyone but a pre-emptive strike will only ensure that this will happen, and it could be Seoul or Tokyo or both.

Kim would not pre-emptive strike another country with nuclear weapon because doing so will seal his own fate. However, if you take all the options away from the guy, i.e. we are going to invade you regardless, well then he might as well go out with a mushroom cloud.

Again, I have to re-interate that Kim's plan is attention seeking, he gains NOTHING from bombing his neighbours except his own demise. However, if the world tells him his days are numbered, well then he has nothing to gain from NOT using his nuclear arsenal.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

06-01-2009, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirakira View Post
Again, I have to re-interate that Kim's plan is attention seeking, he gains NOTHING from bombing his neighbours except his own demise.
He too gains absolutely nothing from performing a conventional military warfare.

Anyway, here is a very interesting thing. North Korea plans a new ICBM test.

However, you will be very shocked about the location of the future missile test.

Very near from China's border. Some experts say that Musudan-ri facility is trying to modernize. But we don't know what the intention is other than it will provoke China.

First the nuclear experiment a while ago provoked China and Russia because the test area is too close to the borders, now this?

Could it be that North Korea is actually threatening China gradually? Of course, South Korea is a total mess right now and North Korea wouldn't gain that much from intimidating South Korea for now on.

Last edited by komitsuki : 06-01-2009 at 03:08 AM.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

06-01-2009, 03:27 AM

Getting over it all, what is the point of North Korea besides proving itself "strong" Nobody wants it.. South Korea, the US and Japan just want pece? The problem is, Mr Kim is proving himself to be a very strange character so their surely comes a time when enough is enough, before he pulls the first trigger! Nobody wants war, but history will show that ya just can't sit back and wait for a lunatic to have free reigns.

Cheers - Oz
(#15 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

06-01-2009, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
Getting over it all, what is the point of North Korea besides proving itself "strong" Nobody wants it.. South Korea, the US and Japan just want pece? The problem is, Mr Kim is proving himself to be a very strange character so their surely comes a time when enough is enough, before he pulls the first trigger! Nobody wants war, but history will show that ya just can't sit back and wait for a lunatic to have free reigns.
He's not provoking a war yet. So calm down.

But see the numerous oddities during the past several months. I'll help you understand more.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Reavyn (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-01-2009, 03:36 AM

How is testing faulty missiles over or in the direction of a country that is allied with over half the world not provoking?
(#17 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

06-01-2009, 03:37 AM

The people of North Korea need help, and hopefully it will stop their, but if we wait, it may not.

Cheers - Oz
(#18 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

06-01-2009, 03:40 AM

Quote:
How is testing faulty missiles over or in the direction of a country that is allied with over half the world not provoking?
Exactly
An tom bomb test, constant threats against South Korea, Japan and the US, possibly soon to include China, a few more ballistic and short range missile tests, summary executions of it's own people, leaving it's own people to die of starvation, we have a duty to stop this monster.

Cheers - Oz
(#19 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

06-01-2009, 03:46 AM

Quote:
It is not provoking because it is intended for domestic political issue. Anger the rest of the world to bring more support among the few special politicians in Pyongyang.

Think like a North Korean politician. That will help you.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

06-01-2009, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
An tom bomb test, constant threats against South Korea, Japan and the US, possibly soon to include China, a few more ballistic and short range missile tests,
Try not to panic please. This has been like this since the 1960s.

Quote:
summary executions of it's own people, leaving it's own people to die of starvation
There was a good reason for starvation: political stability is more priority and it has always been. You can't convince them.

And sadly enough, South Korea is doing the same North Korea is doing... in a different way. Pillaging people with tax, jacking up the food price, bringing more instability in the real estate.

You're doing a heck of a job, there, Lee.

Quote:
we have a duty to stop this monster.
No, we don't. Remember Afghanistan and Iraq? Huge loss of civilians because the Coalition of the Willing doesn't do things functional for years.

And Obama isn't bringing his soldiers home.

We will bring more harm if the pro-American world "liberates" North Korea.
Closed Thread