(#102 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

06-03-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaskajaheta View Post
i have one for you...

2 rooms and you get to pick one of em...
Room1- your told that some one you know are locked up. you dont know who, only that you know him/her
Room2- 20 ppl you have never seen
the ppl in the room you pick wont get killed, what do you do??
Logically, I'd pick room 2.

And aye, I know my example wasn't the best. But forget about the example, and try and think up of your own situations which is better.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#103 (permalink))
Old
vaskajaheta (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to vaskajaheta Send a message via Skype™ to vaskajaheta
06-03-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

Logically, I'd pick room 2.

And aye, I know my example wasn't the best. But forget about the example, and try and think up of your own situations which is better.
why not room 1? you wont miss the ppl in room 2, you didnt know they existed. but the person in room 1 exist to you and you will notice that him/her are gone...
(#104 (permalink))
Old
sakumi23 (Offline)
JF Regular

06-03-2009, 03:57 PM

I'll pick room 2 not based on logicaly but on moraly too!!!

If you ever want to die remember that you have a dream and you have to live on to make it come true!!
~Member of the Hello kitty clan~
~+MeMbEr Of ThE VaMpIrE cLan+~
~+MeMbEr Of ThE ZeRo LuVeRs ClUb+~
(#105 (permalink))
Old
sakumi23 (Offline)
JF Regular

06-03-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
why not room 1? you wont miss the ppl in room 2, you didnt know they existed. but the person in room 1 exist to you and you will notice that him/her are gone...
hmm...there's something more here if you start to think about it....think that you can save 20 people!!!and the problem says that you know the person in room 1 but is she/he a friend?I mean if you discover that it was a person you hate would you miss he/she that much?I still think that saving 20 people is better than 1 even if that one is a person close to you...

If you ever want to die remember that you have a dream and you have to live on to make it come true!!
~Member of the Hello kitty clan~
~+MeMbEr Of ThE VaMpIrE cLan+~
~+MeMbEr Of ThE ZeRo LuVeRs ClUb+~
(#106 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

06-03-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakumi23 View Post
hmm...there's something more here if you start to think about it....think that you can save 20 people!!!and the problem says that you know the person in room 1 but is she/he a friend?I mean if you discover that it was a person you hate would you miss he/she that much?I still think that saving 20 people is better than 1 even if that one is a person close to you...
lol, but what if the 20 people are all murderers or the modern Stalin, Hitler or whatever and they end up killing you and a billion other ppl? As you don't know, anything is possible (of course, what I said is an extreme example. It could simply be a couple of CEO's of a company you don't like or whatever).

I don't think anyone can seriously choose an option from any situation unless they were living it. My main point still stands though... usually morally good and logical are generally the same thing when talking in absolutes... i.e. you have a limited choice!

Last edited by noodle : 06-03-2009 at 04:21 PM.
(#107 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

06-03-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
i have one for you...

2 rooms and you get to pick one of em...
Room1- your told that some one you know are locked up. you dont know who, only that you know him/her
Room2- 20 ppl you have never seen
the ppl in the room you pick wont get killed, what do you do??
its logical to save the room with the most people but morally its wrong to even pick a room to begin with. because you know that whatever your decision is someone is going to die.

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#108 (permalink))
Old
FeyOberon (Offline)
JF Regular

06-03-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyousuke View Post
its logical to save the room with the most people but morally its wrong to even pick a room to begin with. because you know that whatever your decision is someone is going to die.
But, I think the assumption in this situation is that if you don't choose one, they will all die . . . .

Also, it seems like this is another example where the apparently logical decision and the apparently moral decision coincide. Logically, one would choose to save more people. Morally, one should choose to save more lives.

I believe that a decision based on "moral" grounds will more often than not arguably correspond with "logical" grounds.
(#109 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)
Where's the rock lobster?

06-03-2009, 11:25 PM

Well, if the rooms are extremely close to each other, why don't you open both doors?
o_o

MY JF FAMILY and Fellow Pervs
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasyfact/jffamily.htm
Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
fantasyfact.proboards54.com
(#110 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

06-05-2009, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastFortnight View Post
Every man is a man, right? And every woman is a woman, right? And every man can be attractive to every woman or vice-versa, this seems to be logical, right? So we have a brother and sister, a brother is a man and the sister is a woman and why they can't be together? Because it's immoral, I mean it's morally incorrect even though it seems to be logical, I guess.
It's right, but it's a bit different.

Anyway, being with my sister strikes me more as disgusting rather than overly immoral. Actually... is it really that immoral? I think it is wrong, logically, the main reason is inbreading creates retards. But it is up to every individual self what disgusting stuff they get up to, my view of immoral is more so when it hurts someone, however.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…