LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

06-01-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Hmm? How can this happen IRL? Dad will gently ask you to sleep with him to save mom's life?

You can report him to the police next day... so why should he bother to do that, he can force you right there to sleep with you without the need of 'mom's death menace'. Unless that certain dad is retarded.
its just a hypothetical question

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#32 (permalink))
Old
FeyOberon (Offline)
JF Regular

06-01-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

Hence why I'm having to think on it slightly. Deep down, I do not think I'd ever do that.
Ultimately, I don't think I would, either. Some of the reasons that come to mind are:

1) Obviously, I would not want to. As damaging to the psyche as either option would be, I think the "save Mother" choice would be more permanently scarring to me. That may seem selfish, but it is what it is.

2) I like to think the majority of mothers would not want their children to go through that.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Kimitarusan (Offline)
JF Regular

06-01-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyousuke View Post
i get it. you cant save a life without taking one away. you can kill a cow to feed the village or you can save the cow and allow the village to starve for the day. or something like that. the same applies to good and evil. you cant have peace without chaos and you cannot have chaos without peace.

i have one for you that ive heard from a comedian named jimmy carr. he asked an audience member a question which is a bit graphic but still makes you think. the question was

would you sleep with your dad to save your moms life.

the boy said no and everyone booed him. jimmy said "think about what your booing. your booing him because he didnt want to sleep with his dad."

would such a decision be a logical one or a moral one? save your mom or commit immorality.
... no i would not. it may be logical to do so, but its just waay wierd and i wouldn't i would look for alternative ways to save my mother, for instance, if it was the dad that would kill her if you didnt, i would try to call the police before he could

Kawaii Askii Kittii strikes again!
/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ..
(#34 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

06-01-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimitarusan View Post
... no i would not. it may be logical to do so, but its just waay wierd and i wouldn't i would look for alternative ways to save my mother, for instance, if it was the dad that would kill her if you didnt, i would try to call the police before he could
but to this question there is no other option. lets say theres a man who breaks into your home and tells you to do what i just mentioned. would you be able to do it or not. its just a lose lose scenario

(#35 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

06-01-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
but to this question there is no other option. lets say theres a man who breaks into your home and tells you to do what i just mentioned. would you be able to do it or not. its just a lose lose scenario
Let him kill my mum, then I'd carry on to hang him up, upside down, and bleed him slowly until he loses concious. Then let him rest, then hang him up to bleed when he wakes up again.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#36 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

06-01-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:

Let him kill my mum, then I'd carry on to hang him up, upside down, and bleed him slowly until he loses concious. Then let him rest, then hang him up to bleed when he wakes up again.
but if you kill him you wont know where the treasures buried.also he's luke farigno with hulk smash hands and laser eyes and indestructible like wolverine.

just kidding. actually you seemed to work that out nicely

(#37 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

06-01-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
but if you kill him you wont know where the treasures buried.also he's luke farigno with hulk smash hands and laser eyes and indestructible like wolverine.
Fuck it. I'll go Super Sayan on his ass then! :P

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#38 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
06-01-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:

Fuck it. I'll go Super Sayan on his ass then! :P
Saiyan

Sorry, I have been an addicted fan since a kid and it always bothered to me when someone made a typo of that word

And yea, I'd refuse as well.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-02-2009, 12:55 AM

I`d sleep with someone to save another person`s (if they were important to me) life, regardless of who the person I had to sleep with.

I mean, the unpleasant experience of sleeping with them would literally be done in a few minutes. Losing someone is for life. It isn`t quite on the same level.
Weighing two lives is one thing, but... A few minutes of suffering in exchange for someone`s survival seems like a pretty good deal to me.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
06-02-2009, 12:59 AM

Quote:
After having a discussion with a group of friends, the topic of moral and logical decisions came up.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, let me explain it.

There are two sets of decisions. There is the moral set; Good and Evil, and then there is the 'logical' set; Logical and Illogical. After arguing long and hard about it, the groups were evenly split, we got no where with it, but we found out a lot about each other.

Personally, I believe that moral decisions, although good in a a few situations, is the illogical way to go about it. Logic leads me to believe that decisions should be made logically, without any moral or emotion causing me to lead to a decision, and only hard logic.

One thing I asked my group went like this, and it's a perfect example.

---------------------
Me: Let's say an old granny is crossing the road, and suddenly a car swerves and is about to hit her. You have the chance to save this old woman, but you know, that if you do a child will die because of that choice. What do you do?

Friend that always backed the Morals over logic: I let the Granny get hit.

Me: That is a logical decision. Now let's say the old woman is YOUR grandmother?
----------------------

That's when everyone stopped and had to think about it. I believe that if I was in that situation, I'd let her get hit. It's the logical thing to do. Someone who had hardly any life, in exchange for someone who has his life ahead of him. EVEN if the granny is my gran.

What are your views on this?
I believe in logical decisions.
Considering I dont really have a great set of moral standards. Everything that happens is mainly based on logic.
I like the question that you presented, it really makes one think but I'm sure you could come up with a better one that truely tests this.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you