JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
06-05-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyousuke View Post
ill say it again...........its just a movie. its not based on actual vampires (if any exist at all). that like if i went to the vampire thread and said all vampires like to eat spinach and sunlight turns them invisible. thats all movies are for, to entertain. also myths fluctuate differently in every culture. and would it really be interesting to see a werewolf who couldnt transform in the middle of a conflict? they do it for entertainment purposes
Vampires are mythological beings, you don't take advantage and deform the myth to fit your story.

I noticed you don't see the bad side of this. Yes it is a movie, but do you know how much influence do movies have nowadays? A lot of kids watch Twilight and they will grow up thinking vampires sparkle when they expose to light. It will fuck up and entire mythology. I don't believe in vampires but I like mythology and I respect it as it is. I hate when a shitty writer fucks up all these great treasure we have with a shitty movie.

Take Underworld for example, again. It was more than amazing for me and they did not modify the actual myth. Lycans, were a race invented for the movie, but they did not mess up with Vampires and Werewolves at all. Actually they depicted vampires as the myth says, they don't care about humans but only for their bloodline.

Get it now? It's not just a simple movie. I'm talking about influence.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#22 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

06-05-2009, 05:52 PM

The ten year old kid that went up to Robpattz and said 'bite me'

how flippin' epic.

If you want to make your kids looney, this is the way to go. =)

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

06-05-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Vampires are mythological beings, you don't take advantage and deform the myth to fit your story.

I noticed you don't see the bad side of this. Yes it is a movie, but do you know how much influence do movies have nowadays? A lot of kids watch Twilight and they will grow up thinking vampires sparkle when they expose to light. It will fuck up and entire mythology. I don't believe in vampires but I like mythology and I respect it as it is. I hate when a shitty writer fucks up all these great treasure we have with a shitty movie.

Take Underworld for example, again. It was more than amazing for me and they did not modify the actual myth. Lycans, were a race invented for the movie, but they did not mess up with Vampires and Werewolves at all. Actually they depicted vampires as the myth says, they don't care about humans but only for their bloodline.

Get it now? It's not just a simple movie. I'm talking about influence.
no , no. i see the bad side of this. but theirs a difference between myth,facts, and entertainment. im a fan of star wars but i dont get mad at the fact that theirs explosions and gun fire in space when sound doesnt exist in space. or the fact that a giant space war is going on is a fictional universe. but if you read from other cultures some vampires are day walkers. people just skim the top of the layer for basic info like not liking garlic or crosses. but you have to understand that vampire myths are made up by people just like the dude who made the twilight books (or chick i forgot). or maybe im wrong. maybe vampires exist in this world. but i highly doubt their getting bent out of shape because of one movie about vampires with inaccuracies in it. which is included in a list of vampire movies hollywood has made. also vampire myths are based on people with a rare disease back in the day when there was no explanation for their behaviors. if you read about vampires they give you another explanation for what a vampire might be.

get it now?

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

06-05-2009, 06:10 PM

Like, omg, I so gotta have this book now!
*fangirl squeals*

(sigh)
sound familiar?
(#25 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
06-05-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyousuke View Post
no , no. i see the bad side of this. but theirs a difference between myth,facts, and entertainment. im a fan of star wars but i dont get mad at the fact that theirs explosions and gun fire in space when sound doesnt exist in space. or the fact that a giant space war is going on is a fictional universe. but if you read from other cultures some vampires are day walkers. people just skim the top of the layer for basic info like not liking garlic or crosses. but you have to understand that vampire myths are made up by people just like the dude who made the twilight books (or chick i forgot). or maybe im wrong. maybe vampires exist in this world. but i highly doubt their getting bent out of shape because of one movie about vampires with inaccuracies in it. which is included in a list of vampire movies hollywood has made. also vampire myths are based on people with a rare disease back in the day when there was no explanation for their behaviors. if you read about vampires they give you another explanation for what a vampire might be.

get it now?
Nope, because Star Wars isn't based on a myth. You can't change what is real out there.

While vampires are kids imagination, and she is manipulating the myth to attract the audience, thus fucking up their minds.

You obviously are ignoring the big influence this movie had. It will get stuck on this kids generation's head.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#26 (permalink))
Old
FeyOberon (Offline)
JF Regular

06-05-2009, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Nope, because Star Wars isn't based on a myth. You can't change what is real out there.

While vampires are kids imagination, and she is manipulating the myth to attract the audience, thus fucking up their minds.

You obviously are ignoring the big influence this movie had. It will get stuck on this kids generation's head.
You ought to start a coalition to write a totally bada$$, mythologically correct vampire series to overtake the modern media market.

The reform begins with one person - I would root for you!
(#27 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

06-05-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeyOberon View Post
You ought to start a coalition to write a totally bada$$, mythologically correct vampire series to overtake the modern media market.

The reform begins with one person - I would root for you!
The other movies are doing fine. This one is ruining it and surprisingly this one has more influence on kids.

Quote:
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

06-05-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:

every generation has its myths, long ago they were vampires and werewolfs now its big foot, montauk monsters and chupacabras. the only influence the movie gave me was to go on the internet and learn more about vampires and buy books based on them just like many people who are truly interested in them would do.

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#29 (permalink))
Old
DevilHunter04 (Offline)
JF Regular

06-05-2009, 09:01 PM

It's a crap high school romance series of course it sucks. Meyer ruined the good vampire name. Before she came about, there were some respectable vampire stories. Now if you say something about vampires it..."OmG! Like Jacob/Edward is soooo hott!" *Facepalm*
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

06-05-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHunter04 View Post
It's a crap high school romance series of course it sucks. Meyer ruined the good vampire name. Before she came about, there were some respectable vampire stories. Now if you say something about vampires it..."OmG! Like Jacob/Edward is soooo hott!" *Facepalm*
I think I'm in love