(#51 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-10-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Have you met a Twilight insane fan? They think vampires love humans and sparkle when exposed to light... let alone draining animal's blood o_o
I have not yet had the pleasure. But I`m also going to make a guess that these are also kids who have merely graduated from childhood myths of santa claus and the like on to more "mature" of vampires. If they`re still saying the same thing in 10 years, then you may be on to something.

Quote:
Vampires are meant to care about their own bloodline, humans are just means for survival to them. And I stick to the original myth, no Dracula and these new inventions. But at least Dracula was very close to the myth, not make everything different.

The only similar thing with Twilight's vampires are the teeth, because the rest is not so vampire. She made like a new creature to suit her story and make it look good but called them vampires because kids think vampires are cool.
So you find the Victorian remake version the "best". It too was a huge jump from the original myth - in which vampires wandered around as bloated corpses sucking blood through the belly button of their victim (family member or neighbors) who would become ill and waste away. Neck biting is a later change to the myth, and fangs are quite recent.

You are defending a changed version of a changed version of a changed version of an originally varied myth... from another changed version of the same.
It`s sort of like throwing a fit about a new cover version of a song because it`s different from the version you know to be true... But that version is just a cover version of a cover version of a cover version of the original. See the irony yet?

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
06-10-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
So you find the Victorian remake version the "best". It too was a huge jump from the original myth - in which vampires wandered around as bloated corpses sucking blood through the belly button of their victim (family member or neighbors) who would become ill and waste away. Neck biting is a later change to the myth, and fangs are quite recent.

You are defending a changed version of a changed version of a changed version of an originally varied myth... from another changed version of the same.
It`s sort of like throwing a fit about a new cover version of a song because it`s different from the version you know to be true... But that version is just a cover version of a cover version of a cover version of the original. See the irony yet?
The vampire myth depends on where you live actually... and I'm European. You should read about the European version of it. But it doesn't change the fact that the myth still revolved into vampires drinking blood and killing humans to survive. Twilight completely destroyed it. Sparkling vampires and draining blood from animals.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#53 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
06-10-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastFortnight View Post
I don't think Blade with Wesley Snipes is much better than this one, he is a vampire and yet he doesn't kill humans, same for Brad in Interview with the Vampire, although the latter is quite good.
They are half vampires and Blade DOES drink blood. It's not necessary to drink it from a living.

BTW, arguments are part of forums. Nobody has the same opinion.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#54 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

06-10-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastFortnight View Post
So every vampire film or book should follow your rules of the "straight" vampire, I guess all of them will be called Dracula from Bram Stoker then, no, wait, the Bram Stoker's Dracula was immune to the sunlight and I know because I read the book so I guess he changed the myth too .
I already mentioned Dracula was just a book, not part of the myth.

Tell me what Twilight's vampires have in common with the original ones.

Quote:
(#55 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

06-10-2009, 11:06 AM

The main problem here, people. IS not the Myth. Fortnight does have a point about myths changing as generations past, and we just have to put up with it. Think of our generations. The older generation does not like our ideas, and we don't like the younger generations ideas.

When someone from a higher generation tries to cater for the younger generation, things usually goes horribly wrong. Like here.

The main problem about the book, is how boring, and how bad a writer she is. Yes, she slaughtered vampires mythology too, but then again, vampires myths we are used to changed the aspect from older vampire myths.

However, I DO see Phantom's point aswell. Think of it this way. Vampires were, as Nyororin stated, seen much like zombies. All we evolved them into, are beings with the intelligence to think and feel. We created them into something much like humans (And as far as I can remember, Bran Stoker's Dracula wasn't the first vampire to be like that. It was in discussed already via mouth.)

In the end, we still see Vampires as predators. Put aside Blade and all that silly shmuck, we still viewed Vampires as something that were out there, a secretive cult that preyed in the living. Something to be afraid of.

Meyer took that, and warped them into people that sparkle. I mean seriously, sparkle? The romance I could take, because romance between Vampires and such has already been told. But sparkle? Atleast, for example, in Underworld, they kept the dangerous aspect of the vampires. The predatory aspect. Animalistic. In Twilight, everyone's given the view that they can find a vampire and that he/she would be able to fall in love with him. They've lost the ferocity in them. The animalistic desire.

To be honest, they've become a bunch of pussies. So it's DEEPER than simple mythology.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#56 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

06-10-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
Transformers and warewolves suck too.
What are you talking about? Transformers FTW.

Quote:
(#57 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

06-10-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Zombies on the other hand..
Zombies suck. Werewolves are more awesome.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#58 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

06-10-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

Zombies suck. Werewolves are more awesome.
Zombies are slow.

Quote:
(#59 (permalink))
Old
Pexster (Offline)
j'adore le baise tu

06-10-2009, 11:58 AM

Zombies are awesome. They bite you and you transform into one of the living dead.

A Dream Of Form In Days Of Thought

www.mydramalist.com

Eiri is my Property, Bitches.
(#60 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

06-10-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I think weve concluded that twilight sucks anyway.. did it really need a thread tho?
JF lacked one. And this is also about the sequel which is condemned to suck as much.

Quote: