JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
07-11-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thcuteness View Post
well i guess you could consider me an "emo" most people do >.> its annoying, but in my opinion it really is a music genre there are TRUE emo bands, but as a fashion statement i think people just do it for the attention
It fits in a very small number of bands...but yeah..as a fashion statement..it sucks xD

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#22 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

07-11-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
It fits in a very small number of bands...but yeah..as a fashion statement..it sucks xD
lol yea its a goofy looking style and i hope it goes away sometime soon i hope
(#23 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-11-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastFortnight View Post
So you met David Carradine, lived in Brazil and now you're saying you met Joey's girlfriend... Who's next? Elvis? Haha, anyway, you sure had interesting experiences in your life.
If I died today I couldn't complain that my life was boring.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#24 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

07-11-2009, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastFortnight View Post
Fashion and music go together, you can't think about a gothic band that wears only white clothes and you can't think about punk bands which dress themselves as emos... *thinking about Green Day*
well to be honest i think green day is a poser bad in both ways they dress "emo" for attention and i dont really consider any of their new work punk anymore, but that just my opinion
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
07-11-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
well to be honest i think green day is a poser bad in both ways they dress "emo" for attention and i dont really consider any of their new work punk anymore, but that just my opinion
Yeah, their old stuff was alright..but anything they do now is just horrible xD

(#26 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

07-11-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Yeah, their old stuff was alright..but anything they do now is just horrible xD
yes they got into the mtv suck fest of rock (although occasion mtv finds great music but then later on ruins it)
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

07-11-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
yes they got into the mtv suck fest of rock (although occasion mtv finds great music but then later on ruins it)
Seems that what the media wants to do all the time now.
Replied to your PM btw.

(#28 (permalink))
Old
Tsuwabuki (Offline)
石路 美蔓

07-11-2009, 11:56 PM

I'm not sure I agree with TheLastFortNight that the Sex Pistols and the Ramones were apolitical. In fact, I think more than their music, their very performance art was immediately political. It forced people to ask questions about the state of music and the state of entertainment. And the topics of their music question the societal underpinnings of even the most basic of human activities. This may not be a song about how Reagan was propping up dictators to prevent Communisim, as an example of "big politics" but it was no less politics. It was just political at humanity's most basic level: our daily interaction with others.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

07-11-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Seems that what the media wants to do all the time now.
Replied to your PM btw.

that is why i can not stand the media i mean they never even truely report anything important and when the do they go on and on about it. They seem like quite what the word im looking for, oh um (im seriously thinking here) i cant think of a fancy word for this so i just say there are life ruiners, they tend to make people like hannah monatanna popular and put true and great music in the toliet. so screw the media
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

07-11-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuwabuki View Post
I'm not sure I agree with TheLastFortNight that the Sex Pistols and the Ramones were apolitical. In fact, I think more than their music, their very performance art was immediately political. It forced people to ask questions about the state of music and the state of entertainment. And the topics of their music question the societal underpinnings of even the most basic of human activities. This may not be a song about how Reagan was propping up dictators to prevent Communisim, as an example of "big politics" but it was no less politics. It was just political at humanity's most basic level: our daily interaction with others.
^_^ Very well put.

thecuteness: I ver much agree with that...my sister asks me why I'm always on the computer and now watching TV like the rest of the world. I tell her "The TV brainwashes people, thats why"

Last edited by Quailboy : 07-12-2009 at 12:05 AM.