JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
07-15-2009, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
I think I have a different idea as to what online dating is...

I always thought it was the act of going online to find a date.... but the date happens in real life as opposed to "dating" online.
It is..with most situations..like in mine..I have to wait a year for the dates..*waits* It sucks.

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-15-2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
It is..with most situations..like in mine..I have to wait a year for the dates..*waits* It sucks.
Yeah but I had matchmaker websites in mind...
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
07-15-2009, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Yeah but I had matchmaker websites in mind...
I mean, the topic can be a pretty broad one. Matchmaking websites from what I've heard dont work too well at all. lol

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

07-15-2009, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
I mean, the topic can be a pretty broad one. Matchmaking websites from what I've heard dont work too well at all. lol
I've heard mixed things. A friend of a friend had a 1 year relationship with a girl he met on a matchmaking website.

I suppose it depends on the type of person you are as to whether it works or not.

Personally I couldn't do online dating of either sort. I just don't have the ability to get attached to someone via words on a screen for a start. Nor do I find looking for a date in the same manner as looking for a job appealing (with regard to the matchmaker sites).
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Pike (Offline)
Asian Female? Where?

07-15-2009, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thcuteness View Post
I was curious how many people or what your opinion on online dating, i normally dont online date although my last three bf have been guys i meet online. I was just curious to know what your opinion is about it? Like how often do you think online relationships work out. Have you ever dated online. And your general opinion about. For me im for it.
Meeting online and just dating online is 2 different things. Meeting online you can kinda get a feel for someone. Only big problem is it is easier to lie about yourself online. Since the other person really can not see them. I do not mind meeting people online but if there is no way to meet in person there is no way I could date someone I can not see IRL.

The Ecstasy of Emptiness
The Purity of Suffering
The Divinity of Loneliness
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Skuu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Skuu
07-15-2009, 09:17 AM

I had a lot of online-only gfs when I was way younger. I had generally negative experiences with them in terms of heart-breaks.

While it's probably true that online-only or mainly online relationships could and do work out when the two people are mature and patient, I'd say it's always gonna be trickier than IRL/face to face relationships.

When your emotions and stability is on the line, I don't think it's really a risk worth taking. Just use the internet to find people, but don't tie your heart up on a string for months/years waiting to meet them unless you're just friends.

Again, not to deny people who've had success, just to point out the relative dangers from my POV. Relationships are very intimate and detailed, and having any kind of separation can create difficulties.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)

07-15-2009, 09:04 PM

Mmmm~ I'm not up for it. Sorry to say but I find the whole idea of dating sites and online partners... kind of seedy. I mean, not to offend anyone in one or who started a relationship like that, but I honestly can't see how it works. I have friends who I only know online, but to go further than that just seems irrational. I can't say I really know someone unless there's face-to-face contact, and even then real friendships and relationships take time and commitment.

So yeah, I'm sure for some people it works out beautifully, but i'd rather hedge my bets and stick to meeting actual people, rather than their online projections.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
07-15-2009, 09:10 PM

Relationships without sex are pointless.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#29 (permalink))
Old
JayT (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-15-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Relationships without sex are pointless.
Relationships without physical contact are lame period.
I'd never have a long distance relationship.

[<--Nan's heart!]

(#30 (permalink))
Old
Trinitykitty1 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Trinitykitty1
07-15-2009, 10:42 PM

my opinon about online dating would be its good sometimes and it can be an experience of a lifetime.
i've had a few online relationsships one actually lasted a year and a half but it couldnt work cause we rarley got to see each other all in all... once...heh

its true that you dont know if the guy is psycho but usually there are ways to check...sometimes. you should definantly be in a place where you can meet the person IN PERSON that way you know everything for yourself for sure ^_^

and it definantly sucks when you have no personal contact with a person you really wanna be with
Closed Thread