JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
07-15-2009, 11:50 PM

I meant in a relationship that love was lacking, there won't be any sex. Sorry for being bad at explaining it.

+ I'm only talking about sex inside a relationship. I don't know about you, but sex comes after you have sincere love or emotional stability. And yes sex is a great pleasure if you have the other two things you mentioned as well. I said earlier, sex without love is cheap. Not talking about this one.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#52 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
07-15-2009, 11:56 PM

Even thought I don't care for him too much, I have to agree with iPhantom here.

As much as you want to beat around the bush, deny it, say "sex isn't everything," "I don't care about sex," etc, etc, etc. Sex is a very important part of a healthy relationship.

You need to have that romantic spark, which is achieved by dates, flower-giving, kissy kissy type thing. And you also need the sexual spark, which is achieved by, well... sex.

Like it or not, that's just how the world works. Deny it or accept it, it's just how things work.

A marriage can last without sex, but a HEALTHY marriage cannot. Go ask your marriage counselor for some assurance.

猿も木から落ちる
(#53 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-15-2009, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
I meant in a relationship that love was lacking, there won't be any sex. Sorry for being bad at explaining it.

+ I'm only talking about sex inside a relationship. I don't know about you, but sex comes after you have sincere love or emotional stability. And yes sex is a great pleasure if you have the other two things you mentioned as well. I said earlier, sex without love is cheap. Not talking about this one.
Okay. I'm talking about relationships without sex. Either you completely misunderstood what I wrote, or you decided that you wouldn't respond to what I've written - which is fine. You don't have to respond, especially if you've realized that I'm right and just don't feel like saying it.

There is one thing I am really, pretty curious about though: the idea of only talking about straight relationships. Please, elaborate.

LOVE: pass it on
(#54 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-15-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
Why are you only talking about heterosexual people? To you, are heterosexual relationships the only ones that deserve to be discussed? If so, why?
Why do you try to make everything into some sort of discrimination discussion?

WE'RE talking about heterosexual relationships. We're not talking about gay, a-sexual (Even though I find a-sexuals as laughable) or lesbians.

And even if we were, it would mainly be the same for my answer.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#55 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
07-16-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

If noticed this also, my friend. Think someone's slightly paranoid.

Getting a bit old.

猿も木から落ちる
(#56 (permalink))
Old
Trinitykitty1 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Trinitykitty1
07-16-2009, 12:03 AM

whether its a heterosexual or asexual relationship not everything is the same some realationships dont have sex and some do its a desicion for the people in THAT relationship to make...some things revolve around sex other things dont its a win win 50 50 decision be against it or for it it's pretty much all the same
(#57 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
07-16-2009, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesjin View Post
Okay. I'm talking about relationships without sex. Either you completely misunderstood what I wrote, or you decided that you wouldn't respond to what I've written - which is fine. You don't have to respond, especially if you've realized that I'm right and just don't feel like saying it.

There is one thing I am really, pretty curious about though: the idea of only talking about straight relationships. Please, elaborate.
You're either blind, or just pulling out nonsense. I already have said a lot about relationship without sex.

And btw, are you asexual or gay? If yes, tell me. Because I'm not. If you're not asexual why do you have to bring it as a point. We're the same, talk about us straight people, not pull out other kind of people.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#58 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-16-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
Even thought I don't care for him too much, I have to agree with iPhantom here.

As much as you want to beat around the bush, deny it, say "sex isn't everything," "I don't care about sex," etc, etc, etc. Sex is a very important part of a healthy relationship.

You need to have that romantic spark, which is achieved by dates, flower-giving, kissy kissy type thing. And you also need the sexual spark, which is achieved by, well... sex.

Like it or not, that's just how the world works. Deny it or accept it, it's just how things work.

A marriage can last without sex, but a HEALTHY marriage cannot. Go ask your marriage counselor for some assurance.
To you it is. Not to me. Not to every single person who exists on this Earth. That's your personal opinion. It's not a fact. Saying things like, "accept it or deny it," and "like it or not," doesn't make it a fact. Adding, "ask a marriage counselor" at the end of your opinion doesn't make it a fact either. It's your opinion, and I'm sorry, but you might want to tone it down just a little bit.

What makes a healthy relationship depends on each different person and each different couple. Sex might actually be a pretty bad idea for some couples, such as those who suffer from psychological trauma. Sex simply isn't important to others, who would rather put more emphasis on trust. Others prefer more communication. I'm glancing through some articles and so far, I've seen many steps from professionals and scholars advising people how to have a healthy relationship. In not one of them does it say, "HAVE LOTS AND LOTS OF SEX!"

Even in an article under the category of sex, the article describes how to have a healthy relationship - and not once does it say that sex is necessary.

(#59 (permalink))
Old
Columbine (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-16-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
We're not talking about such circumstances. I pretty much said earlier that I would turn gay if sex wasn't important... I could enjoy a relationship with a guy (lol) and not be ashamed because I'd never have sex with him whatsoever.

I'm talking about straight people.
*eyebrow raise* Well that's a bit backwards. If you were in a gay relationship, as a man there's a strong probability you'd be having MORE sex than if you were in a heterosexual relationship.

Sex though, regardless of orientation, can be quite important. If the chemistry isn't there, ten to one the relationship won't go anywhere, and I think that's what Iphantom's trying to get at. It happens. You like someone, you kiss and quite unexpectedly, nothing.

It's a different story if you start with the spark and over the years it mellows off, but if that chemistry is never there, then there for a lot of people that does decide things to an end.

Basically, however, you can love someone sexlessly and conversely sex someone lovelessly, because the human creature is flexible like that.
(#60 (permalink))
Old
mercedesjin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-16-2009, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

WE'RE talking about heterosexual relationships. We're not talking about gay, a-sexual (Even though I find a-sexuals as laughable) or lesbians.

And even if we were, it would mainly be the same for my answer.
Why aren't you talking about gay, asexual, or lesbian human beings? Why do you find asexuals laughable? Why is it only "mainly" the same answer, and not exactly the same answer?

Instead of trying to insult me or put me down for asking these questions, as alanX has also done, why don't you just answer the questions?

Closed Thread