JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
DSX (Offline)
I MUY LOCO!!!!

07-30-2009, 04:32 PM

If I were to sell my soul for something, it would be an indestructable wishing jewel that had unlimited wishes, and only granted MY wishes. I'd wish for my soul back, and then I'd wish for True Ultimate Power, and that includes immortality.

So basically, I've gotten more out of the deal.

(#12 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
07-30-2009, 04:35 PM

If weed, alchohol and smoking were not dangerous

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

07-30-2009, 04:45 PM

You being an Atheist, selling your soul means losing your heart. I think it ruins the question.

I love my wife, but I'm not very emotional outside that as it is. Saying I'd give up "happiness" in order to live forever, it just doesn't have impact on me.

As you can probably see from my signature, regardless I am not Christian, I often use Christian symbols to express and describe things, as it is what I grew up with and how I learned to reason. So I'll do it that way for the purpose of relation.

Selling my soul, to me, means you sign a pact with a Demon, and in return for your wish, you will venture into Hell with him when your time is done. It is something you would give up your heart for, as you said, mostly out of a dedication to fullfill a revenge or desire.

A King should enlist a Demons help to save his people. A father should enlist a Demons help to save his son. A son should enlist a Demons help to avenge his father. So on.

Someone who wants something bad enough, they'd give up anything to get it. It is someone who gives too far into desire.

Your soul should be considered your prise posession (next to the souls of your loved ones, of course). So giving it up means you want something beyond yourself. You're ahead of yourself; you've gone too far.

Of course, I view going to Heaven as gloating yourself in your own self worship and slap stick desire. Thinking you can end all suffering and actually be a competant person at the same time (which is what heaven promises) is patheticness.

In this sense, right now, without a moments hesitation, I honestly would sell my soul for all eternity to the Demon King if he appeared before me with a single Thai beer and offered it to me in exchange. I'd rather live a lifetime tested in Hell than a moment relaxed in "paradise".

Perhaps my soul is already sold?

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…

Last edited by Tenchu : 07-30-2009 at 04:53 PM.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-30-2009, 05:01 PM

To be the only mod on this forum and ban all of you! Just kidding.
I'm with quailboy, if I had to give up emotions I'd rather be dead. Without emotions you are just existing.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

07-30-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
You being an Atheist, selling your soul means losing your heart. I think it ruins the question.

I love my wife, but I'm not very emotional outside that as it is. Saying I'd give up "happiness" in order to live forever, it just doesn't have impact on me.

As you can probably see from my signature, regardless I am not Christian, I often use Christian symbols to express and describe things, as it is what I grew up with and how I learned to reason. So I'll do it that way for the purpose of relation.

Selling my soul, to me, means you sign a pact with a Demon, and in return for your wish, you will venture into Hell with him when your time is done. It is something you would give up your heart for, as you said, mostly out of a dedication to fullfill a revenge or desire.

A King should enlist a Demons help to save his people. A father should enlist a Demons help to save his son. A son should enlist a Demons help to avenge his father. So on.

Someone who wants something bad enough, they'd give up anything to get it. It is someone who gives too far into desire.

Your soul should be considered your prise posession (next to the souls of your loved ones, of course). So giving it up means you want something beyond yourself. You're ahead of yourself; you've gone too far.

Of course, I view going to Heaven as gloating yourself in your own self worship and slap stick desire. Thinking you can end all suffering and actually be a competant person at the same time (which is what heaven promises) is patheticness.

In this sense, right now, without a moments hesitation, I honestly would sell my soul for all eternity to the Demon King if he appeared before me with a single Thai beer and offered it to me in exchange. I'd rather live a lifetime tested in Hell than a moment relaxed in "paradise".

Perhaps my soul is already sold?
You have a point, but regardless, I would still sell it in order to live out what I stated in the first post.

A lack of emotions is something I wouldn't miss.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#16 (permalink))
Old
FeyOberon (Offline)
JF Regular

07-30-2009, 06:43 PM

By my beliefs, I cannot sell my soul because I have already given it away.

But, given the chance, I like to believe I would refuse to exchange it for anything.

However, if the question is framed in terms of one's "soul" equating only to one's emotions, then knowledge is attractive to me . . . . But, as an emotional person, I wonder if that would mean I cease to be "me" as I know myself?
(#17 (permalink))
Old
NanteNa (Offline)
sixth gun.

Send a message via Skype™ to NanteNa
07-30-2009, 06:47 PM

For some epic skill I would!

Like... killing people without ever leaving traces.. stuff like that

[ <-- Jordan's heart! \(Ò_ó)/ ]
Follow me on TUMBLR
"Well if a chick has a problem with the way I conduct myself I'd draw the bitch
a map to the nearest exit and stamp "fuck off" on her forehead."
- Pot Roast
(#18 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

07-30-2009, 07:25 PM

This question realy got my atention... Will be hard to express my answer.

First, if im abducting my feelings by trading my soul for immortality, there would be no purpose to live.

The feelings of seeing your first child birth - Gone.
The joy and laughs you have with your friends - Gone.
Those good times with your family - Gone.
Everything it is worth to fight - Gone.

If you dont know what those feelings are anymore, you cant aswell remenber them. You would be no diferent than a cold stone. I would rather die with a fullfilled life of feelings, than to live as an immortal with a dead mind.

But, in the other hand, if i had to trade my soul to save those i love, i would do it without a doubt.

I also strongly question myself if i would abdicate my soul to know WHY do everything exists. (living beings, objects, space/time, universe, everything) because reality might not be what we think it is, its just what our senses show us. So i want to know the purpose of existence itself. (But again, i wouldnt be immortal and i wouldnt have feelings...)

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
KaiTea (Offline)
Stuck man.

07-31-2009, 09:25 PM

I would sell my soul for a forbidden doughnut. (Sorry, I just had to make a Simpsons reference.)
Um, if there was such a thing as a soul, I am not too sure if I would give it up for anything. If there was someone (or thing) with the absolute knowledge of telling me WHAT a soul is, then we'll talk about what I am going to give it up for. But, as for now... not necessarily knowing what it really is; however, knowing it can possibly change my entire being... um, I'll just hold on to "it".
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
07-31-2009, 10:26 PM

I would just so i can change how i look.

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
I have no enemies my opponent is my teacher.
(けとだ!) (こい) (とどめだ!) I Am Shadow The Hedgehog

Last edited by Tsuruneru : 07-31-2009 at 10:43 PM.