JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#81 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-27-2009, 05:24 AM

I honestly can`t think of anything I`d be willing to do so for. Not because I don`t have greed or desires, but rather the opposite. What would be the point of receiving something if I lack the means to enjoy it?
Like, right now and for the past 15 years, there is someone who I want dead. I mean this with all seriousness, and it`s not for anything trivial. If there were no unpleasant consequences for me taking their life, I would with absolutely NO hesitation. But there are unpleasant consequences, and I`m too selfish to give up a chunk of my life to prison... Even if the act of killing them would be worth it in it`s own way. So as it is, I wait for the day I can feel joy from hearing they died.
Sell my "soul" for this? No chance. What would be the point, as their death (while I`m completely sure it would make the world a better place...) would be for my own personal satisfaction. Lacking "soul" or "emotions" as it was put - where would the joy be after they died? If you want something to happen for a selfish reason, it is because you want an outcome that will please you. Lacking the ability to enjoy the outcome makes it pointless.

The same with saving loved ones. I`m not so selfless as to want people to live to better the world. If I would want that desperately to protect/save them - it would be out of personal interest. In other words, selfishness. Which loops back to the expectation of being pleased afterward.

I could probably come up with a beautiful list of things to sell my soul for which would make me sound noble - My son`s health, protecting my family, etc - but it would be a lie, as I`m way too selfish to actually do it for any of those.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#82 (permalink))
Old
JustinATTACK (Offline)
Wtf does *glomps* mean??

Send a message via AIM to JustinATTACK
08-27-2009, 08:35 AM

Question, If I was to sell my soul for something, would I have to give my soul away right then, or would I give soul away, after I've finished with whatever I sold my soul for?

Example:
Say I sell my soul for a lifetime of happiness.
Would I then give my soul away the moment the deal is made, or would I give my soul away after y lifetime of happiness is over?

I find it hard to make a decision when there are so many variables of what could happen.

@Lamb

Nah I wouldn't. Because without the evil things people would have no reason to try to be good.
The whole situation would end up backfiring, and eventually instead of getting rid of the evil tings, you would get rid of good. There always has to be a balance of good and evil.
Ying and Yang.

"Know the smallest things and the biggest things, the shallowest things and the deepest things. As if it were a straight road mapped out on the ground ... These things cannot be explained in detail. From one thing, know ten thousand things. When you attain the Way of strategy there will not be one thing you cannot see. You must study hard." Miyamoto Musashi

Last edited by JustinATTACK : 08-27-2009 at 08:38 AM.
(#83 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-27-2009, 08:40 AM

Don't sell your soul (whatever that means) and do something productive.

Life should be KISS (Keep It Straight and Simple).

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#84 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)
Where's the rock lobster?

08-27-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I honestly can`t think of anything I`d be willing to do so for. Not because I don`t have greed or desires, but rather the opposite. What would be the point of receiving something if I lack the means to enjoy it?
Like, right now and for the past 15 years, there is someone who I want dead. I mean this with all seriousness, and it`s not for anything trivial. If there were no unpleasant consequences for me taking their life, I would with absolutely NO hesitation. But there are unpleasant consequences, and I`m too selfish to give up a chunk of my life to prison... Even if the act of killing them would be worth it in it`s own way. So as it is, I wait for the day I can feel joy from hearing they died.
Sell my "soul" for this? No chance. What would be the point, as their death (while I`m completely sure it would make the world a better place...) would be for my own personal satisfaction. Lacking "soul" or "emotions" as it was put - where would the joy be after they died? If you want something to happen for a selfish reason, it is because you want an outcome that will please you. Lacking the ability to enjoy the outcome makes it pointless.

The same with saving loved ones. I`m not so selfless as to want people to live to better the world. If I would want that desperately to protect/save them - it would be out of personal interest. In other words, selfishness. Which loops back to the expectation of being pleased afterward.

I could probably come up with a beautiful list of things to sell my soul for which would make me sound noble - My son`s health, protecting my family, etc - but it would be a lie, as I`m way too selfish to actually do it for any of those.
Dam, your homicidal. :P

But what if the soul has no relation to consciousness or emotions? What if it was just like, I dunno, there? :P

MY JF FAMILY and Fellow Pervs
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasyfact/jffamily.htm
Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
fantasyfact.proboards54.com
(#85 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-27-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotenmemory View Post
Dam, your homicidal. :P
In general, I don`t think so. There is just a single person who I very much wish were dead, and for very good (to me) reasons. But as I pointed out, their death (no matter how much satisfaction it would bring to me, particularly if at my hands...) simply does not rank in value over my own life, comfort, and freedom. It`s a matter of value, not morality. Plus they certainly can`t have too much time left... for reasons having nothing to do with me.

I am a fairly cold person, I admit.

Quote:
But what if the soul has no relation to consciousness or emotions? What if it was just like, I dunno, there? :P
There would have to be some sort of negative consequence to giving it up or it wouldn`t be much of a price to pay or a sacrifice to make. And I think that is the point of this thread - to ask what you would make a very very large irreversible sacrifice for. If it were just there, and nothing happened if it were gone... Why would it hold value to begin with?

I sort of wish I could be a sweet and wonderful person and say that I`d happily sell my soul to fix my son (medical problems, extended hospitalization, developmental issues, mental retardation, etc...)
But I honestly wouldn`t.

(Wishing there were a smily to stick on there that represented the Japanese "(苦笑)")

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#86 (permalink))
Old
JojoBizarre (Offline)
JF Regular

08-27-2009, 12:57 PM

Well I would sell my soul for the ability of been Immortal (not aging, not dying, no disease) and that forever and ever, even if the earth explode I would still be alive and well.

Blame the others!
(#87 (permalink))
Old
pumpum (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-31-2009, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
In general, I don`t think so. There is just a single person who I very much wish were dead, and for very good (to me) reasons. But as I pointed out, their death (no matter how much satisfaction it would bring to me, particularly if at my hands...) simply does not rank in value over my own life, comfort, and freedom. It`s a matter of value, not morality. Plus they certainly can`t have too much time left... for reasons having nothing to do with me.

I am a fairly cold person, I admit.

There would have to be some sort of negative consequence to giving it up or it wouldn`t be much of a price to pay or a sacrifice to make. And I think that is the point of this thread - to ask what you would make a very very large irreversible sacrifice for. If it were just there, and nothing happened if it were gone... Why would it hold value to begin with?

I sort of wish I could be a sweet and wonderful person and say that I`d happily sell my soul to fix my son (medical problems, extended hospitalization, developmental issues, mental retardation, etc...)
But I honestly wouldn`t.

(Wishing there were a smily to stick on there that represented the Japanese "(苦笑)")

DAMN !! there is soemthing about a woman talking about murder that kinda turns me on !! ooh la lalaaaaaaala lllaaaa laaaa

The things that come to those who wait are the things that are left by those who got there first !
(#88 (permalink))
Old
urca (Offline)
New to JF

08-31-2009, 06:09 AM

Quote:
For me, I'd sell it for immortality. The power to avoid death in all it's forms. What I would do then, with that power, would aim to become the Chronicler of the World.
its good that immortality doesnt exist but to god's.
for a human,you would feel much pain and sorrow that sometimes you would ask for death.
anyway,to me i would sell my soul and go to my grave just to make my mother live..
(#89 (permalink))
Old
Hellkite (Offline)
Finally, in LOVE!

Send a message via MSN to Hellkite Send a message via Yahoo to Hellkite Send a message via Skype™ to Hellkite
08-31-2009, 02:15 PM

i would sell my soul for the eternal protection of my sweetheart >u< hah

Japan, I come next year!! wohooo!!
(#90 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
09-02-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellkite View Post
i would sell my soul for the eternal protection of my sweetheart >u< hah