(#131 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
08-07-2009, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Innocent civilians were killed by dropping the bomb. Yes, it`s tragic...

But who do you think would have been fighting to defend homes, etc, if there had been an invasion of Japan itself? There is no doubt in my mind that anyone old enough to hold a pointy stick and run with it would have been out there fighting.
Even with a weapon in their hands, these are civilians. Even the Japanese military was floundering (read my long posts back a few pages) and pulling men from pretty much anywhere and sending them out to fight. They too were essentially civilians.

I don`t think that at the time the bombs were dropped they knew exactly how significant the lasting effects would be. Had that been an issue, maybe - just maybe - it would have been reconsidered. But I personally believe that while it is horrible that so many people died... It honestly would have been worse. Those in power would have pretty much used the entire population of Japan as fodder to keep the war going.
So I guess dropping the bomb was in a tragic sense good. Wow. Knowledge is power!! LMFAO.
(#132 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

08-07-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Yes, they needed to be dropped. The other option was a long, bloody invasion that would have killed millions of people. Dropping them offshore would not have worked, would've been seen as a sign of weakness to the Japanese, and we only had 2 bombs left, none to spare.
I just wish there could have been another way to make Japan surrender. Am I the only one who feels this way??

Last edited by Nyororin : 08-07-2009 at 06:58 AM.
(#133 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-07-2009, 06:59 AM

flysky was a spammer, quoting an earlier post made by someone else in order to try and keep their spammy link up.
Their post was removed, and I took the link out of the quote of their post.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#134 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

08-07-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
flysky was a spammer, quoting an earlier post made by someone else in order to try and keep their spammy link up.
Their post was removed, and I took the link out of the quote of their post.
YAY Nyororin!! With you mysterious internet powers. LMAO.
(#135 (permalink))
Old
Seanus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-07-2009, 07:20 AM

Given that Pearl Harbour was staged and America entered WWII for the benefit of arms firms and corporate bankers, it shouldn't have dropped any bombs. Tell me, what did those innocent civilians in Hiroshima do to deserve getting nuked? Skin grafts are almost futile for any survivors. Why should civilians pay the highest price for the folly of politicians?
(#136 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

08-07-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanus View Post
Given that Pearl Harbour was staged and America entered WWII for the benefit of arms firms and corporate bankers, it shouldn't have dropped any bombs. Tell me, what did those innocent civilians in Hiroshima do to deserve getting nuked? Skin grafts are almost futile for any survivors. Why should civilians pay the highest price for the folly of politicians?
Because politicians have the power and the civilians are their puppets/toys. The politicians are too important to be sent to war or fight for their country because they make the money.
(#137 (permalink))
Old
Seanus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-07-2009, 10:20 AM

Not if civilians stand up to them like followers of Alex Jones do. Nobody is too important, sorry. "No man is an island", nor should have immunity from certain duties. Politicians discuss, by and large. Businesspeople make the real money. It still doesn't excuse the dropping of an atomic bomb, does it?
(#138 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-07-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukisUke View Post
Because politicians have the power and the civilians are their puppets/toys. The politicians are too important to be sent to war or fight for their country because they make the money.
That is not always true. They are two different jobs. Many government members are former service men and women.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#139 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

08-07-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
I just wish there could have been another way to make Japan surrender. Am I the only one who feels this way??
No. I'm with you all the way sweetie..

The problem is, didn't the US try and that is why they gave up and decided to send in the danger drop?

That Atomic bomb was a shocking thing for sure, and anyone that would have been on the ground as a witness, I reckon would have had nightmares until they expire

Cheers - Oz
(#140 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

08-07-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
I do wish that the bomb was unnecessary, but it wasn't. I would have surely been satisfied with another solution but there really wasn't another feasible way.