LinkBack Thread Tools
(#241 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-10-2009, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
Rational? You mean how you said I'm a tard and becoming very impatient?
Rational as opposed to cultural.

What I mean is to keep the discussion within paremeters which we agree upon. In other words Japan's medium and long term interests and prospects.

It was you who went on some stupid tangent about Asia and Democracy etc...

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 08-10-2009 at 08:20 AM.
(#242 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

08-10-2009, 08:20 AM

We shouldn't debate between us. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Rational as opposed to cultural.
I still don't fully accept it because I consider rationalism a central element of culture of the West. So, no matter what, I will always think "rational = culture" in political situation.

What can I say?

Now do you see the problem why we can't debate? We already have very opposite thinking.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#243 (permalink))
Old
Seanus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-10-2009, 09:04 AM

Some of the best debates often come from those with polarised views as they have been shaped by very differing forces and come attempt to see where the other is coming from.
(#244 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)

08-10-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanus View Post
Some of the best debates often come from those with polarised views as they have been shaped by very differing forces and come attempt to see where the other is coming from.
In this case, it's dysfunctional. Don't ask me why.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#245 (permalink))
Old
solemnclockwork (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-10-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
ABC News Exclusive: The Secret War Against Iran - The Blotter, this is one of many sources on Jundullah ties.

On the Iranian issue, if you read the press you will encounter the same old drivel that has been written for years. Namely, paranoid concerns and unsubstantiated allegations. Read the scientific research, however, and a different picture emerges. Compliance in almost every area. Informed Comment: IAEA Inspectors: Iran not Producing Weapons-grade Uranium, one of many many.

9/11 Truthers simply aren't heard most of the time. They are either cut off or turned away. I could give you a video which clearly shows explosions throughout the WTC. Who was in charge of WTC security/access? Marvin Bush

Brightest Corp wanted the pipeline deal but they got tied up in the US courts for years. That left only the Taliban to sweep aside. Unocal has been wound up but Karzai was a consultant and look where he is now.

The war was forgotten about?? So why did Obama send so many more troops in? The problem is there is an insufficient commitment to getting them the proper equipment that they need. It is a major issue for Obama and has been for some time.
Brain Ross! how did I expect him to write such a article? Manly because he ALWAYS does, and does not give out any sources. So in essence it's STILL all hearsay.

Get your information from the actual source.
Safeguards Statement for 2008

# During 2008, the Director General submitted four reports to the Board of Governors on the implementation of Iran´s comprehensive safeguards agreement and relevant provisions of United Nations Security Council resolutions (GOV/2008/4, GOV/2008/15, GOV/2008/38 and GOV/2008/59). Iran provided the Agency with access to declared nuclear material and provided the required nuclear material accounting reports in connection with declared nuclear material and facilities. The Agency was able to verify the non-diversion of the declared nuclear material in Iran in 2008.

# Since March 2007, Iran has not implemented the modified text of its Subsidiary Arrangements General Part, Code 3.1, on the early provision of design information. Iran has continued to object to the Agency´s carrying out of design information verification (DIV) at the Iran Nuclear Research Reactor (IR-40) and did not permit the Agency to carry out the DIV scheduled for October 2008 at that facility.

# In 2008, Iran and the Agency continued to address issues related to Iran´s past nuclear activities. At the end of 2008, there remained a number of outstanding issues that need to be clarified since they give rise to concern about possible military dimensions to Iran´s nuclear programme. These issues relate to the alleged studies on the green salt project, high explosives testing and the design of a missile re-entry vehicle; the circumstances of the acquisition of the uranium metal document; procurement and research and development (R&D) activities of military related institutes and companies that could be nuclear related; and the production of nuclear equipment and components by companies belonging to defence industries. Iran has not provided substantive information or access to relevant documentation, locations or individuals that would have allowed the Agency to make progress on these issues.

# Unless Iran implements the above transparency measures and the Additional Protocol, as required by the Security Council, the Agency will not be in a position to provide credible assurance about the absence of undeclared nuclear material and activities in Iran.

# Contrary to the decisions of the United Nations Security Council, Iran did not implement the additional protocol and did not suspend its enrichment related activities in 2008, having continued with the operation of the Pilot Fuel Enrichment Plant and the construction and operation of the Fuel Enrichment Plant at Natanz. Iran also continued its work on heavy water related projects, including the construction of a heavy water moderated research reactor at Arak. There was no indication of reprocessing related activities at any declared facilities in Iran in 2008.

No one cares for what they have to say, it's all hogwash. WoW so theirs such a video? Why didn't the big bad Government take it off the web if there so bad? Notice something there buddy? If there even was a silver of a truth in the 9/11 "truth" it would be hidden and people would possibly disappear.

What conspiracy theory is this? Tell me the bigger picture on how those two companies relate to this.

Unless you where under a rock, all the past you heard about was Iraq and YES the war was forgotten about. Hence the reason for the troop surge. You do realize that Obama has been President for only around half a year. Only then the focus get put back on Afghan, and recently did troops get sent there. The problem is GETTING FIXED. Oh you can have the best military gear and still not do anything. The only outstanding tech we have been using against these people are predator drones.

Sinestra,

that's exactly what we should be doing.

1 Corinthians 10: 31-33
31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
(#246 (permalink))
Old
Seanus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-10-2009, 09:41 AM

I wonder how some Americans would feel if an atomic bomb was dropped in one of their big cities. America largely sided against them in the Iran-Iraq War of 1980-88. Oh, that's a long time ago? Well, so was the first Gulf War with Hussein and Bush jnr was finishing off unfinished business.

YouTube - If Americans Knew 23: Obama & Iran(see details), this is from Scott Ritter, former UN Chief Weapons Inspector for 7 years. He talks of general compliance and the lack of an imminent threat. The international community largely agrees. It's Neocons and Zionists that spread barefaced lies.

I just hope that Russia keep up the rhetoric of deterrence.

Yeah, predator drones are effective and were long overdue. Bush generally respected the territorial integrity of Pakistan but that hampered the war effort. They couldn't admit to their mistake of making Pakistan and their hideous ISI an ally. They missed the tribal areas, the hubs of Taliban activity. It was a fraudulent effort, skipping the centre of action. At least the drones are striking their targets. Obama is fixing things, I agree.

As for your pictures, MANY firemen spoke out, as did FBI people. I don't think you are aware of just how many people spoke out against the official version.

Listen to Coleen Rowley and Sibel Edmonds. Here's the first, YouTube - U.S. Intelligence 9/11 and Iraq: A Whistleblower's Story. There are hundreds of links on History Commons. Time and time and time again, warnings were ignored, even from the highest level of intel of MANY nations. Then again, you don't want to read those things probably.

YouTube - Cultures of War: Pearl Harbor Hiroshima 9/11, 1.5hrs on Pearl Harbour. I'm gonna watch it and then form opinions.

Last edited by Seanus : 08-10-2009 at 10:02 AM.
(#247 (permalink))
Old
JF Old Timer

08-10-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
I wonder how some Americans would feel if an atomic bomb was dropped in one of their big cities. America largely sided against them in the Iran-Iraq War of 1980-88. Oh, that's a long time ago? Well, so was the first Gulf War with Hussein and Bush jnr was finishing off unfinished business.

YouTube - If Americans Knew 23: Obama & Iran(see details), this is from Scott Ritter, former UN Chief Weapons Inspector for 7 years. He talks of general compliance and the lack of an imminent threat. The international community largely agrees. It's Neocons and Zionists that spread barefaced lies.

I just hope that Russia keep up the rhetoric of deterrence.

Yeah, predator drones are effective and were long overdue. Bush generally respected the territorial integrity of Pakistan but that hampered the war effort. They couldn't admit to their mistake of making Pakistan and their hideous ISI an ally. They missed the tribal areas, the hubs of Taliban activity. It was a fraudulent effort, skipping the centre of action. At least the drones are striking their targets. Obama is fixing things, I agree.

As for your pictures, MANY firemen spoke out, as did FBI people. I don't think you are aware of just how many people spoke out against the official version.

Listen to Coleen Rowley and Sibel Edmonds. Here's the first, YouTube - U.S. Intelligence 9/11 and Iraq: A Whistleblower's Story. There are hundreds of links on History Commons. Time and time and time again, warnings were ignored, even from the highest level of intel of MANY nations. Then again, you don't want to read those things probably.

YouTube - Cultures of War: Pearl Harbor Hiroshima 9/11, 1.5hrs on Pearl Harbour. I'm gonna watch it and then form opinions.
Ummm, that question is self answering. You play war you pay the price. You DO NOT get the point about pointing fingers.

Just stop, you completely ignore what I have said and posted from the IAEA,
To which to your disbelief is a INTERNATIONAL organization. Oh by the way the UN has sanctions against Iran. Contrary to what you been saying I would consider someone else to be one saying lies.

Obama is NOT a general on the ground. Overall he makes the major decisions then it goes to those who know military affairs to do there job. That said NO one knows how to fight the next war, as all wars are fought differently it took time to learn how to deal with such a enemy.

Good sir then tell me how many "spoke out" like you want to say. Hard numbers please. Do yo even look at the links I give? I think not, if you did you would know I took those from one of the sites I have given. So I'm going to throw this back at you, read what the other person posts.

I'm not going to watch a video for a hour, NOT going to happen. Videos in segments of 3-5 minutes are fine 10 is very cutting it. I Generally discourage upon people who say they don't have time, it is ridiculous to assume someone can set and watch a video for a hour. Don't attack my character.

Read it.
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/se...port/sec11.pdf

Your going to watch a video that agrees to what you spout and THEN form the same opinion? NO ones going to want to spend a hour and half watching that.

31 Whether therefore ye eat or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give none offense, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God. 33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

Last edited by solemnclockwork : 08-10-2009 at 10:39 AM. Reason: extra wording not needed
(#248 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

08-10-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komitsuki View Post
We shouldn't debate between us. Period.

I still don't fully accept it because I consider rationalism a central element of culture of the West. So, no matter what, I will always think "rational = culture" in political situation.

What can I say?

Now do you see the problem why we can't debate? We already have very opposite thinking.
Rationalism is the school of thought in which ideas should be formed using reason and judged on merit. All philosophy aims to be rational. If something is not rational then it is irrational. In other words culture and rationalism have nothing to do with each other.

Culture is a concept which describes a conscious expression (or set of expressions) which symbolises a common experience (for the most part nationality or race... but things like punk and hip hop can also be described as a culture).

But my main beef with you stems from your implication that culture is static. It's not. It's dynamic and always changing. Especially in the modern world.

For example- Japanese culture is said to be Confucian.. but it's not JUST Confucian. Much of it is influenced by the West and in turn Japanese culture influences Western culture. The same goes for other cultures.

This impacts on our argument because to you... the limited success (though I must stress the success part) which Asian countries have taken on Democracy means that Democracy has failed in Asia and is due in large part to Confucianist philosophy. It's simply not true. In fact the ex South Korean president I mentioned earlier, whose name I forget but who wrote an essay on this subject that I think is really amazing, not only points out that Asia has thus far, adopted liberalism faster than Europe did since the age of enlightenment began in the 17th century, but also points out that many of the principles of Confucianism are actually very compatible with liberalism.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 08-10-2009 at 10:59 AM.
(#249 (permalink))
Old
Seanus (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-10-2009, 11:53 AM

I do read your links and I read the full 22 pages. If you want me to be specific then ask specific questions to prove it. The sanctions are political in nature, they are imposed to make out that Iran is being non-compliant and awkward. Israel isn't even a member of that treaty and nobody bats an eyelid. I know what the IAEA is btw.

I could answer quite easily by showing swathes of info amassed before 9/11 on the upcoming threat. There are many who have stated that quite clearly. There were literally hundreds of credible warnings and also mentions of KSM. Why was he not mentioned on 9/11? He was known to be the sidekick of OBL long before.

I agree that Obama isn't a wizard who knows what the military guys do but this war has been dragging on, I believe, because they want it to. 2009 has been a bad year for casualties (the worst since 2002) but, in relative terms, it's a war that hasn't taken many lives for a huge international operation. The profits are still rolling in.
(#250 (permalink))
Old
JF Old Timer

08-10-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
I do read your links and I read the full 22 pages. If you want me to be specific then ask specific questions to prove it. The sanctions are political in nature, they are imposed to make out that Iran is being non-compliant and awkward. Israel isn't even a member of that treaty and nobody bats an eyelid. I know what the IAEA is btw.

I could answer quite easily by showing swathes of info amassed before 9/11 on the upcoming threat. There are many who have stated that quite clearly. There were literally hundreds of credible warnings and also mentions of KSM. Why was he not mentioned on 9/11? He was known to be the sidekick of OBL long before.

I agree that Obama isn't a wizard who knows what the military guys do but this war has been dragging on, I believe, because they want it to. 2009 has been a bad year for casualties (the worst since 2002) but, in relative terms, it's a war that hasn't taken many lives for a huge international operation. The profits are still rolling in.
Look,

All you have been doing so far is SAYING you have the mountain of information, to which EVERYTHING you have posted so far I have posted something that is contradictory to that. In all seriousness either you actually start to show some credible sources, or quite with the "mountain of information".

Ask specific questions? What are you going on about? YOU completely ignore what I post then go on how much right you are. I have given great information that puts pot holes in your "hypothesis". Iran IS BEING NON-COMPLAINT the international community AGREES, HOW much denial can you get?

Ummmm, Hello? There are two sides to a war. No matter how much one sides has, the other side is still there and STILL can offer a huge threat to the other side.

Profits still rolling in? that's offensive. I'm tired of you ducking contrary information to what you say. Every time someone posts something that against what you say you ether ignore it, or go one with another stance on the same subject. 9/11 "truthers" are a fringe group for a reason and the VAST majority of the world thinks they are nut jobs. I would also go far as to say they walk on the graves of people who died to get there "justice" out. America is NOT a evil country like you want to believe.

Truth is if you did read what I have posted, YOU cannot make the same claim you make as fact, without being in denial. Let the statement "if the glove does not fit, you have to acquit".

"Melted" Steel
Claim: "We have been lied to," announces the Web site AttackOnAmerica.net. "The first lie was that the load of fuel from the aircraft was the cause of structural failure. No kerosene fire can burn hot enough to melt steel." The posting is entitled "Proof Of Controlled Demolition At The WTC."

You're talking about Khalid Sheikh Mohammed right? You have to stop with the initials. I don't want to spend my time trying to interpret who are meaning, or talking about with only Initials.

I have posted a document in my previous post that deals with information before they attacked.

Finally, if you have the information like you say you do. AND that information could lay this debate to rest. WHY IN ALL LOGICAL ANSWER DO YOU NOT POST IT? Stop with the arrogance. I'm' also going to go out on a lamb by saying I don't believe you have such information.