JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
ACW (Offline)
JF Regular

08-06-2009, 05:02 AM

It's a interesting question. From what I understand it, Japan attacked the United States at Pearl Harbor and so the United States entered a just war with Japan in order to defend itself. If your able you should try to look up footage of Japan's champaign in China. I remember seeing Chinese people being buried alive by Japanese soldiers and the like. Not to mention that thousands of U.S. soldiers were led on a death march. I can't name what it was called at the moment though so you have to forgive me. But anyways what I'm trying to get at was that it was an all out war. The U.S. had to do what needed to be done in a time of war. Now it is horrible that so many people died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Actually Nagasaki didn't have to happen. After Hiroshima the U.S. asked Japan to surrender. But Japan said no and another bomb dropped in Nagasaki. It's horrible that millions of people died though.

I kind of want to ask this question though. What do you think would have happened if Japan had the atom bomb? Do you think they would do the same thing we did?
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-06-2009, 05:06 AM

Old conversation...

Basically, I think there is only one kind of person who can justify the intentional murder of the innocent; a horrible c**t.

At least an infantry soldier is a willing man who can direct his bullets. Bombs are indiscriminate. Cowardly.

The number of soldiers who die is irrelevant. Soldiers are there for dieing. That is what they do. And I have the right to say that, because I was one. I volunteered, even if I never got the chance to go to war, I was ready for it.

So don't compare soldier and civilian casualties. They are not the same.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#33 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

08-06-2009, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACW View Post
It's a interesting question. From what I understand it, Japan attacked the United States at Pearl Harbor and so the United States entered a just war with Japan in order to defend itself. If your able you should try to look up footage of Japan's champaign in China. I remember seeing Chinese people being buried alive by Japanese soldiers and the like. Not to mention that thousands of U.S. soldiers were led on a death march. I can't name what it was called at the moment though so you have to forgive me. But anyways what I'm trying to get at was that it was an all out war. The U.S. had to do what needed to be done in a time of war. Now it is horrible that so many people died in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Actually Nagasaki didn't have to happen. After Hiroshima the U.S. asked Japan to surrender. But Japan said no and another bomb dropped in Nagasaki. It's horrible that millions of people died though.

I kind of want to ask this question though. What do you think would have happened if Japan had the atom bomb? Do you think they would do the same thing we did?
Personally I think that whoever got it first would use it first. Also the number of people that died from the bombings of hiroshima and nagasaki were closer to 220,000 not millions.The millions was the number of people that could have died from more war.
(#34 (permalink))
Old
seiki (Offline)
aww fiegal

08-06-2009, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Old conversation...

Basically, I think there is only one kind of person who can justify the intentional murder of the innocent; a horrible c**t.

At least an infantry soldier is a willing man who can direct his bullets. Bombs are indiscriminate. Cowardly.

The number of soldiers who die is irrelevant. Soldiers are there for dieing. That is what they do. And I have the right to say that, because I was one. I volunteered, even if I never got the chance to go to war, I was ready for it.

That is a very good point the soliders did and still do sign up knowing that they could die and innocent civillians don't but by this time the whole country was a part of the war.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
GTJ (Offline)
Defeater of Weaboos

Send a message via Skype™ to GTJ
08-06-2009, 05:11 AM

Quote:
They're both human lives. Seems similar enough.

光る物全て金ならず。
なんてしつけいいこいいけつしてんな。
(#36 (permalink))
Old
ACW (Offline)
JF Regular

08-06-2009, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiki View Post
Personally I think that whoever got it first would use it first. Also the number of people that died from the bombings of hiroshima and nagasaki were closer to 220,000 not millions.The millions was the number of people that could have died from more war.
Bleah your right. I was being too general. What I meant to say was that a lot of people died. Bad choice of words
(#37 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-06-2009, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTJ View Post
They're both human lives. Seems similar enough.
It's like a rape fantasy. It's okay to play rape if the women consents. But going into a strangers house and raping them changes the whole situation.

Soldiers are willing to die. Murdering people who want to live and stay away from violence is selfish and cowardly.

There's a big difference.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#38 (permalink))
Old
GTJ (Offline)
Defeater of Weaboos

08-06-2009, 05:15 AM

Quote:
It's like a rape fantasy. It's okay to play rape if the women consents. But going into a strangers house and raping them changes the whole situation.

Soldiers are willing to die. Murdering people who want to live and stay away from violence is selfish and cowardly.

There's a big difference.
I don't think you're on the same page with what you said earlier. You said there's a huge difference between civilian and soldier deaths. Now you're saying there's a huge difference between footsoldiers and bombadiers.

Whatever. People are people. Being a soldier doesn't make you more of a person. Having good or bad intentions doesn't call your humanity into question.

光る物全て金ならず。
なんてしつけいいこいいけつしてんな。
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-06-2009, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTJ View Post
I don't think you're on the same page with what you said earlier. You said there's a huge difference between civilian and soldier deaths. Now you're saying there's a huge difference between footsoldiers and bombadiers.

Whatever. People are people. Being a soldier doesn't make you more of a person. Having good or bad intentions doesn't call your humanity into question.
You mean Infantry and Artillery? Is this some kind of stupid joke?

Anyway, if you have to fight and kill someone to save yourself, it's nice to know you'd probably pick a 6 year old girl over me, simply because it is an easier battle.

I'll stick with my own assesments, thanks.

(#40 (permalink))
Old
GTJ (Offline)
Defeater of Weaboos

08-06-2009, 05:27 AM

Quote:
You mean Infantry and Artillery? Is this some kind of stupid joke?

Anyway, if you have to fight and kill someone to save yourself, it's nice to know you'd probably pick a 6 year old girl over me, simply because it is an easier battle.

I'll stick with my own assesments, thanks.
Boy, you really just don't get it. You can't stay on topic, or pick one line of argument, for that matter. This has devolved from a discussion to something far less respectful/interesting/worth the time of day. I guess some people just get on way too high a horse, thinking being in the military at some point makes them a better person than others. Heh. Funny.

Seems trolling is rampant here tonight.

Done with you.

光る物全て金ならず。
なんてしつけいいこいいけつしてんな。