JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Quailboy (Offline)
Been Here Too Long

Send a message via AIM to Quailboy Send a message via MSN to Quailboy Send a message via Yahoo to Quailboy Send a message via Skype™ to Quailboy
08-27-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thcuteness View Post
lol do you mine if i quote you in my report? it would work great for my opening sentence.
Yeah, go for it. Make sure I get a copy when its done

You haven't dug your hole too deep until it's killed you
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-27-2009, 03:21 PM

I'm sure a lot of you young ones probably don't realize the rights you have... which is pretty much total freedom.

Someone telling you that you have to do something, it doesn't mean you have to. No one can tell you what to do aside your parents and police officers, pretty much. That includes teachers.

I remember when I was 14, just before I quit school. My mother got a new boyfriend. He used to be a teacher who dealt with "problem" children, rebels. Before that, he was a herion junkie. So he was pretty cool.

I told him the bullshit that was going on at my school, he just laughed and told me to ignore the stupid teachers and tell them I don't have to listen to them.

Main problem was I kept getting harassed for not wearing school uniform. Turns out, in Australia, it isn't compulsory. Diversity laws protect you, and you're allowed to wear whatever you want. Also, detentions are illegal; you're required by law to have a break from work every few hours or whatnot, anyway. They can't expel or suspend you, either; no one has the right to refuse a child a public education (of course, if you get expelled for violence, it may be a different case if you're considered a threat to others).

Everything teachers say is optional. You don't have to do it. They just try and make you coz kids are dumb.

Gottas watch those cops, as well. If you do get in shit when you know you've done something wrong, never answer any questions until both your parents and lawyer are present; the only reason they ask you questions is because they want to get it in quick on tape before the lawyer gets here so they can use it against you. They'll never ask you any questions without the intention of using them against you, so just tell them to fu*k off until lawyer arrives.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#13 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-27-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Do you feel like you don't have enough rights as a teen? Do feel as you have been treated unfairly at school or anywhere? Have you ever been stripped search because of un-fair drug accusations? Or been denied freedom of speech? What your opinion on teen rights, what rights do you think you or they withheld, do you think its fair or un-fair the way teens are treated at school or anywhere else? I want honest opinions and that if its ok with you do i have permission to use your post in my school report?

Thank you.
I am curious as to what "rights" you are talking about.

Most of the times when a right is taken away from a student it is actually given the other students around him the "right" to go to school in a safe environment, which is the number one priority for many schools and teachers.

Here is a good example:

More children from Dove World Outreach Center sent home for wearing Islam is of the Devil shirts | Gainesville.com | The Gainesville Sun | Gainesville, FL

In Florida some students want to wear shirts that say "Islam is from the Devil" in big letters. The schools sent them home. They say "You have taken away my freedom of speech". So was the school taking away rights, or protecting the rights of non-Christian students to be educated in a safe environment?

There are two sides to every story.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

08-27-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I am curious as to what "rights" you are talking about.

Most of the times when a right is taken away from a student it is actually given the other students around him the "right" to go to school in a safe environment, which is the number one priority for many schools and teachers.

Here is a good example:

More children from Dove World Outreach Center sent home for wearing Islam is of the Devil shirts | Gainesville.com | The Gainesville Sun | Gainesville, FL

In Florida some students want to wear shirts that say "Islam is from the Devil" in big letters. The schools sent them home. They say "You have taken away my freedom of speech". So was the school taking away rights, or protecting the rights of non-Christian students to be educated in a safe environment?

There are two sides to every story.
Well i was kinda of leaving up what do think rights are to you, cause well im not really sure, im just doing this for the grade i dont really care >.> But yeah your right there are two sides to every story.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

08-27-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailboy View Post
Yeah, go for it. Make sure I get a copy when its done
ok shall do ^^
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-27-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Well i was kinda of leaving up what do think rights are to you, cause well im not really sure, im just doing this for the grade i dont really care >.> But yeah your right there are two sides to every story.
I think that is an important part of your essay. It is easy to say "you are trampling on my rights" but if people can't say what rights they have that were trampled, it seems a little like crying "wolf".

I am sure if you are just doing it for the grade and don't really care that will reflect on your essay and in your grade. You have tapped into an interesting topic, so care, and do it for the best grade you can get.

I think if your approach is "teen rights are trampled by adults" then you are only telling half the story. But I bet your teacher would be impressed if you also had a teacher's side of the story (there are many teachers and former teachers here, including me). I think that article I posted is a good example of two sides having passionate arguments that seem right to both of them.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
hinata2 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to hinata2 Send a message via Yahoo to hinata2
08-27-2009, 09:54 PM

i get beat up at school ant the teachers do not pay attention they don't care what they do to me
(#18 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
08-27-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinata2 View Post
i get beat up at school ant the teachers do not pay attention they don't care what they do to me
Lol, sorry but nobody is gonna help you there. Has happened many times at my school. In the end you have to fight them back.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#19 (permalink))
Old
IcewindDude (Offline)
JF Regular

08-27-2009, 10:37 PM

Thinking back on my teen years (okay that was only a few years ago), I never had a "rights" problem. I was perhaps mature for my age, but I understood why certain things were the way they were. Whether it was for my safety or in order to keep the crazy teens in line .

However, from my point of view now, I find that teens may be getting a little too many rights... They are allowed to act more unruly while adults are having more rights to deal with them taken away.

The first step that I think would benefit us all is to let the teens have the rights to do more, but give them adult consequences too. When I was 13-19, I already knew how to exploit my youth. And I saw those that did. I don't like government treating teens like retards not capable of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinata2 View Post
I saw this too... it really pissed me off. I myself never was in a group to be picked on, but I would definitely voice my opinion to any bullies outright... but I was visibly no pushover either...

Last edited by IcewindDude : 08-27-2009 at 10:39 PM.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
thcuteness (Offline)
Banned

08-27-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I think that is an important part of your essay. It is easy to say "you are trampling on my rights" but if people can't say what rights they have that were trampled, it seems a little like crying "wolf".

I am sure if you are just doing it for the grade and don't really care that will reflect on your essay and in your grade. You have tapped into an interesting topic, so care, and do it for the best grade you can get.

I think if your approach is "teen rights are trampled by adults" then you are only telling half the story. But I bet your teacher would be impressed if you also had a teacher's side of the story (there are many teachers and former teachers here, including me). I think that article I posted is a good example of two sides having passionate arguments that seem right to both of them.
Yeah your right now i think i shall try harder ^^