LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Undertherose25 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-28-2009, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thcuteness View Post
Do feel as you have been treated unfairly at school or anywhere?
Alrightie this might seem off topic but I swear it isn't [its just boring!] XD

I'm a few months away from turning 20, and I'm in college now...about two three years ago I was a Junior in High School and I was sexually assaulted in the middle of class by a notorious little perv...many girls had reported him but they were brushed off. When he grabbed me I lost my temper and stabbed him with my pen [it was a light wound unfortunately], guess who got in trouble?

That's right I did.

The teacher moved him and told me to stop being 'over-dramatic' and wouldn't let me leave the class to report him. And refused to let me us my cell phone to call the police, saying she'd take it and she'd report me for assaulting and harming him!

He started texting me explicit messages, right in front of the teacher!

I told my friend what happened and the next day she reported him anonymously and they pulled me out of class to talk to me. At first they were 'blah' and didn't care much, acting like I was female and I asked for it. To make matters worse he was trying to accuse and press charges on me for stabbing him!

I requested I talk to my mother and told her what they were doing and she called the school threatening to report them to the School Board and call the police herself. Grumbling and bitching they FINALLY called the police.

Three cops later they had it all sorted out and they saw the texts and they charged him with sexual assault and he was suspended for a whole week, that's it they didn't arrest him or anything.

A dean then proceeded to suspend me for three days for presenting my cell phone to the police because it was already turned on!

My mother got into a bloody war with the school and at the end of it a Dean was fired, the whole school was retrained to handle sexual assault cases by an extremely angry Victims Advocate of the state [who called and threatened my principal with legal action if he didn't take back the suspension] and a cop [who witnessed the suspension and said he had nothing to do with it] was in deep sh*t.

So yes, I believe I was treated unfairly the girls that he'd assaulted before also stepped forward again and they, once again, blew them off. He plead guilty got a slap on the wrist and a mark on his record and I'm left the "scars".

I'm not the type of woman to take shit laying down no matter how bad it hurts or scares me

I doubt this helps any, but yes I do think teens aren't taken very seriously. If it does help then, yay! Feel free to do whatever you will with it.

♥Proud Wife of a U.S. Airman♥

Dir en Grey
(#22 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-28-2009, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertherose25 View Post
Alrightie this might seem off topic but I swear it isn't [its just boring!] XD

I'm a few months away from turning 20, and I'm in college now...about two three years ago I was a Junior in High School and I was sexually assaulted in the middle of class by a notorious little perv...many girls had reported him but they were brushed off. When he grabbed me I lost my temper and stabbed him with my pen [it was a light wound unfortunately], guess who got in trouble?

That's right I did.

The teacher moved him and told me to stop being 'over-dramatic' and wouldn't let me leave the class to report him. And refused to let me us my cell phone to call the police, saying she'd take it and she'd report me for assaulting and harming him!

He started texting me explicit messages, right in front of the teacher!

I told my friend what happened and the next day she reported him anonymously and they pulled me out of class to talk to me. At first they were 'blah' and didn't care much, acting like I was female and I asked for it. To make matters worse he was trying to accuse and press charges on me for stabbing him!

I requested I talk to my mother and told her what they were doing and she called the school threatening to report them to the School Board and call the police herself. Grumbling and bitching they FINALLY called the police.

Three cops later they had it all sorted out and they saw the texts and they charged him with sexual assault and he was suspended for a whole week, that's it they didn't arrest him or anything.

A dean then proceeded to suspend me for three days for presenting my cell phone to the police because it was already turned on!

My mother got into a bloody war with the school and at the end of it a Dean was fired, the whole school was retrained to handle sexual assault cases by an extremely angry Victims Advocate of the state [who called and threatened my principal with legal action if he didn't take back the suspension] and a cop [who witnessed the suspension and said he had nothing to do with it] was in deep sh*t.

So yes, I believe I was treated unfairly the girls that he'd assaulted before also stepped forward again and they, once again, blew them off. He plead guilty got a slap on the wrist and a mark on his record and I'm left the "scars".

I'm not the type of woman to take shit laying down no matter how bad it hurts or scares me

I doubt this helps any, but yes I do think teens aren't taken very seriously. If it does help then, yay! Feel free to do whatever you will with it.
But people got fired so there was some justice in the end.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-28-2009, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I am curious as to what "rights" you are talking about.

Most of the times when a right is taken away from a student it is actually given the other students around him the "right" to go to school in a safe environment, which is the number one priority for many schools and teachers.

Here is a good example:

More children from Dove World Outreach Center sent home for wearing Islam is of the Devil shirts | Gainesville.com | The Gainesville Sun | Gainesville, FL

In Florida some students want to wear shirts that say "Islam is from the Devil" in big letters. The schools sent them home. They say "You have taken away my freedom of speech". So was the school taking away rights, or protecting the rights of non-Christian students to be educated in a safe environment?

There are two sides to every story.
Then that's not freedom of speech. If you can't wear a T-shirt saying what you want...

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Undertherose25 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-28-2009, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
But people got fired so there was some justice in the end.

Yes after my mother and a higher power got involved. They didn't even believe me when I reported it. I don't consider that justice at all, that's them scrambling to cover up a mistake before they get sued.

♥Proud Wife of a U.S. Airman♥

Dir en Grey
(#25 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-28-2009, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Then that's not freedom of speech. If you can't wear a T-shirt saying what you want...
So you think people should be allowed to wear anti-Muslim t-shirts at elementary schools as well as high schools? I doubt that you do.

No "right" goes to infinity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertherose25 View Post
Yes after my mother and a higher power got involved. They didn't even believe me when I reported it. I don't consider that justice at all, that's them scrambling to cover up a mistake before they get sued.
Without knowing what the boy did to you it is hard for me to create an opinion. I am not saying "tell us exactly what he did" but like I said earlier, there are two sides to every story.

If the people who did you injustice were fired, I am not sure why you don't consider that justice "at all".
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Timodachi (Offline)
New to JF

08-28-2009, 06:20 AM

i agree... we have our rights, but to a certain degree. Im 17 and im treated just the same as an adult. maybe its a maturity factor?

I LOVE Japan! \ ^_^ /
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

08-28-2009, 07:18 AM

Teenagers don't know what they want and they don't know how to get it unless it be drugs.
Teenagers have no rights until the age of 18, until then they are the soul property of thier parents. Thier parents are just as "real" as them.
Sure they learn that they have freedom of speech but when you invade another persons space and comfert zone just to prove your point then you have to expect the person to punch you away, hit you . What ever it may be, you invaded thier space, you pushed them to the edge.
Most teenagers go around making thier own lives hard, holding that hate in thier own hearts yet blaming it on other people. They don't know the difference between Lust and Love because they haven't been in that many relationships yet.
We all went through the same thing, we all know how it feels. There is nobody out thier who will not be affected by death or near death experinces.
Babies maybe but they are too small to be affected and if they are then your actually arguing toward my side.
People only create drama for themselves.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
08-28-2009, 07:42 AM

Rights?.... What are these... 'rights' you speak of? o.o'
Do you mean the freedom to express individuality and to freely communicate personal thoughts and ideas? As in the 1sth Amendment of the constitution?
Or the right to bear arms? As interpreted in Family Guy as the right to bear arms?
Or what of the 4th amendment? Protection from searches, arrests, etc. w/o probable cause? x.x''
And the 5th amendment? The right to a fair trial? :3
Hmm.. never heard :3
Never knew such things existed~
Always figured that 'the man' always did as he pleases and that all those inferior were to bend to his every whim >.>'''
Never have I fathomed such possibilities >.>''
Atleast not in High School o.o'
=P

But enough of this one's silliness~
I'm a fickle bastard :3
I abuse whatever rights come my way to my own benefit.
I hide behind the 1st amendment when I choose to~ yet shut others up by expressing offense to their opinions.
I forbid anyone to search me for the lack of a probable cause~ Yet I always find a reason to interrogate others~ and when no reason exists~ I make on up ^_^
A fair trial?~ Of course :3 I always demand a fair trial~ for myself ^_^
But for others~ there's no such thing as fairness~ Being fair is to drop my testament in a resolution so absolute that a sane person would find it impossiblly illogical and absurdly unreasonable~
Haha~ I love this system~ So many ways to abuse it <3

o.o'
Looks like I ended up being silly anyway =P
Guess I don't take rights all to seriously because they're never properly enforced as everyone has his/her own interpretation >.>''

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

08-28-2009, 09:33 AM

All I see here is people whining about how their rights are being taken away, but does any teen here exactly KNOWS what his/hers rights are?
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-28-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
All I see here is people whining about how their rights are being taken away, but does any teen here exactly KNOWS what his/hers rights are?
I am personally more amused by everyone rambling on about rights, but without realizing that rights and responsibilities go hand in hand. You can`t have one without the other. It seems like everyone wants all these rights without having to actually take any responsibility for them. If people display an inability to handle responsibility (as a pretty huge chunk of the teenage population does...) it`s going to be a lot harder to convince people that you should have all these rights.

And then, of course, people who don`t even really know what rights they should have and what rights they do have...

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.