JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Should the US president be allowed to give a message directly to America's students
Yes 76 76.77%
No 23 23.23%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#161 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
09-09-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukisUke View Post
I saw some of his speech. The parents made a big deal over nothing. Did anyone see in Texas where the reporters said that some of the parents said they took their kids out of school and are having the former president speak to them about education instead or am i the only one?
(Explicative internalized!) I didn't see that, but I will lay odds it was here in Dallas where that total disgrace of an ex-president now lives. Totally wrong, rude, disrespectful of the office ---- the ex-pres who facilitated such an insult.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#162 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
09-10-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
(Explicative internalized!) I didn't see that, but I will lay odds it was here in Dallas where that total disgrace of an ex-president now lives. Totally wrong, rude, disrespectful of the office ---- the ex-pres who facilitated such an insult.
I forgot he lives in Dallas. I just wish that the American people in general would stop making a big deal out of NOTHING. It doesn't make sense to do so.
(#163 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

09-10-2009, 08:43 AM

The moral of this thread:

Kids do what your president asks you, study hard, if you don't want to end up becoming like your paranoid parents.
(#164 (permalink))
Old
tksensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-10-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Let's take a step back into reality, please. There was never anything asking school children to write papers about "they could be good servants to the president" and how they could "help promote his policies".

"What is the President trying to tell me?"
"What is the President asking me to do?"
"Why is it important that we listen to the President and other elected officials, like the mayor, senators, members of congress, or the governor? Why is what they say important?"
"Write letters to themselves about what they can do to help the President."

Citizens have a responsibility to keep arrogant and over-reaching politicians in check. And in this case it worked like a charm.
(#165 (permalink))
Old
MC9876 (Offline)
JF Regular

09-10-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
The moral of this thread:

Kids do what your president asks you, study hard, if you don't want to end up becoming like your paranoid parents.
Haha, and also true...
(#166 (permalink))
Old
burkhartdesu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-10-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksensei View Post
"Why is it important that we listen to the President and other elected officials, like the mayor, senators, members of congress, or the governor? Why is what they say important?"

Citizens have a responsibility to keep arrogant and over-reaching politicians in check. And in this case it worked like a charm.
Those questions don't look offensive at all -- and the answers are really pertaining to School, aren't they?

Q:"What is the President asking me to do?"

A: the president wantz me 2 unconditionally support his current health care plan

--- OR ---

Q:"What is the President asking me to do?"

A:the president wantz me 2 find what i'm good at and be a productive citizen -- so I can get a job and be unlawfully taxed out of my freedom.

Last edited by burkhartdesu : 09-10-2009 at 03:54 PM.
(#167 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-10-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:

I wasn't going to post this but...

(#168 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
09-10-2009, 04:58 PM

meh! Even with the best of intentions nothing ever gets done in this country. Majority of Americans are selfish and could give a rats ass about their neighbor or any other american thats not in their how should i say social standing that is, until it effects them. 99.9% of politicians talk a whole lot but dont have a lot to say just a lot of same old BS just wrapped in a new package. Everyone agrees there needs to be a change in health care but since we cant agree on how to do it they would rather leave a broken system in place tell me how is this rational?

The whole writing to the President thing was blown out of proportion. I had do the same thing for Regan and for Clinton so WTF in the difference now? I refuse to by into this conspiracy and BS notions that fear mongers and some posters here have be spewing out their mouths. It makes me sick sometimes to even read some of the comments and i cant help but to hope that some of these people never breed and teach their children their retarded ways. There is and was nothing wrong with the leader of the country addressing the next generation and say do your best, stay in school, get a good education. It scares me that some people think this is a bad thing seriously it does and I beg you people please don't ever have children as a matter never be responsible for another life.

Bottom line majority of Americans are selfish and only want change if it directly benefits them not their neighbor or the homeless guy on the street who ran into some bad luck. When they feel like they are going to lose something to the next guy then they get all up and arms and start clinging to religion and guns therefore the whole of country suffers from their lack on insight. I don't think we will ever see meaningful change in this country until majority of the baby boomers have retired and or died off, i wish i could add conspiracy theorist to that list but they seem to breeding just as fast as the morons lately. The next generation will be the ones to implement real change.

meh!!

Last edited by Sinestra : 09-10-2009 at 10:58 PM.
(#169 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

09-10-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:

we all passed that point long ago when Bush went into office, we the people let ourselves down.

I don't even know why people are making a big deal about the president, he has a limited amount of power. Its not JUST the president at work, its the congress and all others who complete the system Government. Always thought it was funny how people would blame a president for everything when he is just a window dressing. Bush got away with total control because of the war. Obama is trying to end that war, so in terms he does not hold the same amount of power Bush did. Unless he starts a whole new war or continues this one.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#170 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

09-10-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
meh even with the best of intentions nothing ever gets done in this country. Majority of Americans are selfish and could care a rats ass about their neighbor that is until it effects them. 99.9% of politicians talk a whole lot but dont have a lot to say just everyone agrees there needs to be a change in health care but since we cant agree on how to do it they would rather leave a broken system in place.

The whole writing to the President thing was blown out of proportion. I had do the same thing for Regan and for Clinton so WTF in the difference? I refuse to by into this conspiracy and BS notions that fear mongers and some posters here have be spewing out their mouths. It makes me sick sometimes to even read some of the comments and i cant help but to hope that some of these people never breed and teach their children there retarded ways. There is and was nothing wrong with the leader of the country addressing the next generation and say do your best, stay in school, get a good education. It scares me that some people think this is a bad thing seriously it does and beg you people please don't ever have children.

Bottom line majority Americans are selfish and only want change if it directly benefits them not their neighbor or the homeless guy on the street who ran into some bad luck. When they feel like they are going to lose something to the next guy then they get all up and arms and start clinging to religion and guns therefore the whole of country suffers. I don't think we will ever see meaningful change in this country until majority of the baby boomers have retired and or died off, i wish i could add conspiracy theorist to that list but they seem to breeding just as fast as the morons lately. The next generation will be the ones to implement real change.

meh!!
Very well typed.

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.