JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Should the US president be allowed to give a message directly to America's students
Yes 76 76.77%
No 23 23.23%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#231 (permalink))
Old
clintjm (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-12-2009, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Samurai007 for example
Don't take the bait!
(#232 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-12-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Samurai007 for example
I know what they mean, and most of them can be applicable in some fashion or another when compared to Obama, depending upon the issue. I wouldn't throw all of those into 1 sentence, though, because that just looks foolish.

And why should I feel shame or irony? All those on the left felt no shame or irony in attacking the President like rabid pitbulls for the last 8 years. They taught us that there is no shame is breaking Godwin's Law, or burning a Prtesident in effigy, or calling him every name in the book. Well, as Obama's bigot preacher and friend of 20 years, Rev Wright, said, "now the chickens are coming home to roost." For 8 years, the left didn't just lower the bar, they obliterated it. Now they want to make the opposition play by Queensbury rules since they've taken power? What a laugh!

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#233 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-12-2009, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
Don't take the bait!
I won't blow my top and attack him over his 1-liner... failing to have any substantive arguments, it is common lefty behavior to attack other posters rather than debate the issue. I seen it a hundred times before, I'm used to it.

(#234 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-12-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai007 View Post
Would you please point to the thread a year or 2 ago where you called Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow, the anti-war demonstrators, and many, many others on the left irresponsible for saying Bush was fascist, comparing him to Hitler and Saddam, hanging him and burning him in effigy, and generally feeding the ignorance and bias of the far left with hate and bigotry which all too many gullible folks swallowed hook, line, and sinker without checking their facts? Because I must have missed that thread, and I'd like to read it...
And so the story goes. Nyaa Nyaa Nyaa...

I would say one difference is that fans of Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow did not carry guns to events where President Bush spoke. Fans of Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow did not hang their opponents in effigy.

We have reached a new low in political pandering. I really don't want to get into the details of how Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow do their shows vs. Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity...but if you see them as the same, fine.
(#235 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-12-2009, 08:27 AM

I don't know why you keep making statements without checking first... Bush, Palin, and others were hung in effigy numerous times.

Bush being hung and burned in effigy:

Palin hung in effigy:

Bush compared to Hitler:

Bush guillotine:

Burning a flag and US soldier effigy:

I could go on and on, there are hundreds more like these. And these are the kind of sick folks who got their rocks off ever time Olbermann spouted off about Bush. They posted links the morning after every Olbermann show that he ripped into Bush. I debated folks like that on another forum for years.

Edit: As for guns, the guy was far away from the President, and exercising his constitutional rights. The Secret Service never would have let him into the same building as the Pres with those guns. And he was a black guy, not the "white racist" portrayed on MSNBC...

Last edited by samurai007 : 09-12-2009 at 08:29 AM.
(#236 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-12-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjm View Post
Going to play the Hitler comparison are we? To be fair, lets post some links to the audio or the transcript. Throw in Beck's "Obama is racists" too.

I would say if Rush said "Obama is hitler" "Hitler killed so many and Obama is too" "Kill Obama because he is the new Hitler" that is irresponsible.... But if he was comparing polictal tatics simularities..., which he was, that is just shock jock commentary... and you have to have the education of a first grader to believe Obama is the next Hitler.. or be a wacko.

Are you going to have wackbags call Obama as evil as Adolf Hitler? Sure... they are fulfilling there role as wackbakgs..

Is it a good idea to keep his listerners? Rush thought so...
He knows his listeners and assums they are sane.

If you think that is irresponsible... so be it....
Obama telling people opposed to his plan to get out of the way... is also irresponsible.
I am not the one playing the Hitler comparison, it is Rush Limbaugh.

Here

Here....sad stuff

Rush defends Nazi comparison
(#237 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-12-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post

We have reached a new low in political pandering. I really don't want to get into the details of how Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow do their shows vs. Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity...but if you see them as the same, fine.
Wanted to address that final line... no, I don't see them as the same, I see Olbermann and Maddow as far worse. Riush and Hannity at least tell the truth, and often inject some humor into their shows. They are actually fun to listen to, unlike the pompous blowhard K.O.

(#238 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-12-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Wanted to address that final line... no, I don't see them as the same, I see Olbermann and Maddow as far worse. Riush and Hannity at least tell the truth, and often inject some humor into their shows. They are actually fun to listen to, unlike the pompous blowhard K.O.
Then we live on different planets. In my perspective Rush and Hannity are so far from the truth they are barely blips on my radar. I don't see anyone laughing at Rush, though Maddow often gives me a laugh.

What can I say?

Last edited by MMM : 09-12-2009 at 08:38 AM.
(#239 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-12-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I am not the one playing the Hitler comparison, it is Rush Limbaugh.

Here

Here....sad stuff

Rush defends Nazi comparison
If you listen to the first clip, Rush is responding to Pelosi claiming that the healthcare protesters are carrying swastikas like Nazis. That propmted Rush to say "If you want to compare one side to Nazis, it is Obama that is a far better fit, not the American people upset at the healthcare takeover."

Second, I heard Rush that day, and he made a very clear point of saying "Of course Obama isn't going to create concentration camps and murder millions of people. That isn't what anyone is saying. The point, rather, is that he ruled by decree while claiming to represent the true will of the people, he sought to control the youth, he was an environmentalist, etc."

(#240 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-12-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
If you listen to the first clip, Rush is responding to Pelosi claiming that the healthcare protesters are carrying swastikas like Nazis. That propmted Rush to say "If you want to compare one side to Nazis, it is Obama that is a far better fit, not the American people upset at the healthcare takeover."

Second, I heard Rush that day, and he made a very clear point of saying "Of course Obama isn't going to create concentration camps and murder millions of people. That isn't what anyone is saying. The point, rather, is that he ruled by decree while claiming to represent the true will of the people, he sought to control the youth, he was an environmentalist, etc."
And samurai007 you are a savvy listener. Unfortunately the Rush Limbaugh Show doesn't completely cater to savvy listeners. If you listen to his show it in 90% explaining. He is explaining the state of the nation, Obama, liberalism, etc, in terms people who can't understand the evening news or have been taught to distrust the evening news. It's a daily diatribe of distrust against the government and our president. Just for the sake of the fact that he is a democrat.