(#41 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-10-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyavifan View Post
I disagree.
I just find this wrong... first of all, calling them ladyboys? That's discriminatory, or something?

also, allowing voting is like making a game out of people's choices/lives, imo.
Then delete the thread.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

12-10-2009, 09:03 PM

I got 6/10, cause I thought some of them were too obvious, so I chose lady. D:
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Miyavifan (Offline)
I Support DBSK always...

12-10-2009, 09:03 PM

Obviously it is not just up to me.

not discussing here.

hide... always in my heart. I love you.... my pink spider....
My one wish is 2 meet Kyo. seriously.
R.I.P. Jasmine....
(#44 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-10-2009, 09:09 PM

How is "making a game out of people's lives" different from "claiming" j-rockers?
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Ningyou (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Ningyou
12-10-2009, 10:20 PM

How is it wrong to discuss someone's sexual orientation but it's NOT wrong to discuss gender identity or expression? The "T" in LGBT is not silent. But for some reason, you're allowing topic on ONE part of that group but not the whole thing.

And you're not picking "men" or "women" out of that group. They're all transgendered, which means they are *all* women, some of them just weren't born that way.

And I agree with Miyavifan, calling them "Ladyboys" is messed up. That's like calling them "Shemales" or something stupid like that. I really hope there aren't any trans people on this forum, because this is going to seriously piss them off.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-10-2009, 11:44 PM

The reason discussions about sexuality and religion are not allowed is simply because those discussions invariably end up in fights. In order to eliminate that problem those two ares of discussion, specifically, were banned.

This thread isn't a discussion of the sexuality of transgenders but whether or not people can identify whether or not individuals were born with a penis or not. That is all.

And considering they call themselves "ladyboys" and use the term with pride, it is not clear to me that the term is offensive. It is a term coined in Thailand by that community, so I don't think it is for me to tell them what to call themselves.

Last edited by MMM : 12-11-2009 at 02:11 AM.
(#47 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-11-2009, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningyou View Post
I see your guys points, but don't talk about something you don't understand. Do any of you even know anyone like this? I mean, come on.
Yes. I knew someone like this. She was a receptionist in Bangkok at the English school I worked at.

I knew him/her well and it certainly wasn't a taboo topic of discussion.

We had fun

Cheers - Oz
(#48 (permalink))
Old
MilKyXxdreamXx (Offline)
JF Regular

12-11-2009, 04:36 AM

omg, 9/10!!

most of them doesn't even look like 'real' girls, since you could tell by their face figure -__-
i almost assume that all of them were guys

让人笑。让人哭。 让人开心。让人生气。 让人希望。让人期盼。。
都是什么意思在心中 ~
(#49 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

12-11-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
I see your guys points, but don't talk about something you don't understand. Do any of you even know anyone like this? I mean, come on.
LUL

Yes, shamefully, I've met several! This is Thailand.

I think you're being overly sensative. So are people who don't like having their birth gender discussed. Most Thai ladyboys will agree with me, here, also, and they actually want ladyboy awareness, believe it or not. There is even a Miss Tiffany Universe competition in Thailand you can research, where ladyboys have never been so proud to be a known transgender!

Quote:
Okay, I get that. But I just think it's stupid that this kind of thing is allowed to be openly discussed, yet we're not allowed to talk about gay people. I mean...where's the logic in that?

And yes, they can be sort of oversensitive it but I mean, they go through a lot of shit to get where they are.
I made heaps of threads about gay people before. They're usually allowed to go on for a bit.

Plus, discrimination is not cool, but if a man dresses up like a woman and goes outdoors, should he really do so if he is the kinda person who can't take a joke? I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyavifan View Post
I disagree.
I just find this wrong... first of all, calling them ladyboys? That's discriminatory, or something?

also, allowing voting is like making a game out of people's choices/lives, imo.
OH. MY GOD.

*Facepalm*

There's so much I could say here, but it's just hard for me to find the right words. You just have no idea.

Quote:
And you're not picking "men" or "women" out of that group. They're all transgendered, which means they are *all* women, some of them just weren't born that way.
You know, people like you see in those pictures, they would not be offended if you asked them do they still have a penis, or did they get the snip snip? They're very nice people, and understand some men do not like anal, and thus are willing to discuss things before a price is negotiated and you get back to the hotel...

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#50 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-11-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairebear View Post
I got 6/10, cause I thought some of them were too obvious, so I chose lady. D:

At least I beat you!

I've actually been approached by a few in Thailand and it was always a dead giveaway from their voice.

It always seemed to be more of a fashion to me rather than a hormone inbalance, although I guess we would need to hear first hand form some Ladyboys to get a jist on the situation.

Cheers - Oz