JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

12-11-2009, 09:03 AM

They're just that type of homosexual. There's no logical reason why so many Thai men would have a "hormone inbalance", it's just the culture, there are a lot of gays, and no one is afraid to dress the way they feel here because there's no threat of discrimination in Thailand. Sure, everyone will talk about the ladyboys, but no ones hates them. They're actually very, very popular over here.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#52 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-11-2009, 09:21 AM

There are quite a few in Japan, too. But not at the rate there is in Thai, from what I can gather.

They are called "New Half" in Japan (if they get they get medically converted) and several are popular talents and a lot are hostesses or "mamas" at expensive drinking establishments.

However, you would probably not see a "new half" working at a bank or restaurant. The tend to only find work in some form of the entertainment industry.
(#53 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-11-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
They're actually very, very popular over here.
yes, I've noticed that and thinking about what MMM quoted in Japan as "New Half", that name almost seems more correct, although I'm not sure if the word "new" would apply today.

But then again, the term "Ladyboy" is no doubt a Thai grammr translation thing..

Cheers - Oz
(#54 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

12-11-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
There are quite a few in Japan, too. But not at the rate there is in Thai, from what I can gather.

They are called "New Half" in Japan (if they get they get medically converted) and several are popular talents and a lot are hostesses or "mamas" at expensive drinking establishments.

However, you would probably not see a "new half" working at a bank or restaurant. The tend to only find work in some form of the entertainment industry.
It's "Thailand". To say "I'm living in Thai" is no different than "I'm from Jap"... it just makes no sense.

I can't recall many having higher up jobs in Thailand, but some might, I don't know. But you see them at KFC or 7 Eleven or the sorts all the time.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#55 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

12-11-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
But then again, the term "Ladyboy" is no doubt a Thai grammr translation thing..
You're right (just checked)! I grew up using that term and I never knew it was a Thai translation.

Nong Tom:

A very popular ladyboy in Thailand. She's beaten regular men in the Muay Thai ring many times, some quite big fights, too. She was very popular.

(#56 (permalink))
Old
WhoIsDaffy (Offline)
Banned

12-11-2009, 12:17 PM

9/10 - got the first one wrong, probably because i was only looking at the implants.

also #8 is a bit of a hottie
(#57 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

12-11-2009, 12:31 PM

8/10.

Got tricked by #8 and #10.
(#58 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-11-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
You're right (just checked)! I grew up using that term and I never knew it was a Thai translation.

Nong Tom:

A very popular ladyboy in Thailand. She's beaten regular men in the Muay Thai ring many times, some quite big fights, too. She was very popular.
She looks like a man

Cheers - Oz
(#59 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

12-11-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozkai View Post
She looks like a man
And this is surprising why? But she does look like a very sexy man!

(#60 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

12-11-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
And this is surprising why? But she does look like a very sexy man!
You've gotta be kidding

Cheers - Oz