JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Zerj (Offline)
JF Regular

02-02-2010, 11:35 AM

In my opinion it is selfish. When you love someone that person brings happiness to you, and that's why you want them around you. I know that there are different kinds of love but I focused on when tow people fall in love.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
02-02-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerj View Post
In my opinion it is selfish. When you love someone that person brings happiness to you, and that's why you want them around you. I know that there are different kinds of love but I focused on when tow people fall in love.
Being NOT selfish doesn't mean you don't have to be happy for something you do for others. Being selfish means being happy for yourself without benefiting others, which is not the case here.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#43 (permalink))
Old
Zerj (Offline)
JF Regular

02-02-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
Being NOT selfish doesn't mean you don't have to be happy for something you do for others. Being selfish means being happy for yourself without benefiting others, which is not the case here.
Yes but I mean that when you fall in love with someone you want to spend time with them because they make you feel good. I think that can be considered selfish because you try to make yourself happy by being with him or her, I'm not saying that's selfish in a bad way.

嗜癖:
チョコレート
フォーラム
リアリティテレビ
アニメ
マンガ
(#44 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
02-02-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerj View Post
Yes but I mean that when you fall in love with someone you want to spend time with them because they make you feel good. I think that can be considered selfish because you try to make yourself happy by being with him or her, I'm not saying that's selfish in a bad way.
If you really love someone, you'd care more for that person than your life. It doesn't matter if it makes you happy or not, you're not being selfish at all here.

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#45 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

02-02-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
If you really love someone, you'd care more for that person than your life. It doesn't matter if it makes you happy or not, you're not being selfish at all here.
Give me an example of a situation of someone NOT being selfish.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

02-02-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTakeshi View Post
Give me an example of a situation of someone NOT being selfish.
-facepalm- I already gave one in the previous pages and you said 'I respect your opinion but disagree'. You didn't argue why.

Quote:
(#47 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

02-03-2010, 12:46 AM

Quote:
-facepalm- I already gave one in the previous pages and you said 'I respect your opinion but disagree'. You didn't argue why.
Will do it now.

Quote:
parents would die for their own child, thus being concerned about someone else's benefit before themselves.
You're saying that the parents are concerning about someone else's benefit before themselves? Its not someone else's, its something. And its not before themselves, its for themselves. Unwanted emotions.

"Parents would die for their own child". - They would die for their own child because they wouldn't stand the pain of loosing the bounds they have created with the child. Regardless if she benefits or not from their decision, their primary interest is to avoid UNWANTED emotions. And loosing that affection they have (because of the loss of the child) its to hard to deal with. Harder than dealing with their own death. (which they wont, because they would be.... dead)

So, in my opinion, they would rather die than having to deal with those unwanted emotions. If the child benefits or not, its irrelevant. The primary target of the human specie is to avoid unwanted emotions.

"... thus being concerned about someone else's benefit before themselves." - Their concerning is just a "fachade". They have estabilished -bounds- with that child, so its normal to "concern" about the child according to you, right?

No, its not the mass of flesh, organs and bones they are concerned about. But the bounds they have established. Its not something material, but merely psychological. They want those bounds to be perserve because it benefits them. And, in order to continue those bounds, the child needs to exist. The child needs to exist to feed those bounds.

"I died happy because i know that my child will keep living. (An assumption)" - YOU died happy. YOU. And what about your child, is she happy? What about the bounds she has established with you, parents, what happens to those bounds? If you dont exist, the only thing left is suffering and memories for that child. There is no bound to keep feeding.

You died happy in order to give your childs life, that same life that will be marked with a scar for all her life - the scar of a lost bound.

Wouldn't the child be living with what the parents wanted to avoid? UNWANTED emotions? A lost bound?

That is what leads me to disagree with you. Because thats the way i see it.

If you want to debate with me, point me whats wrong in my arguments according to my own analysis. MY analysis. Show me the "why" and the "why not" inside my own arguments. And then, comparing to yours, from your own analysis.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.

Last edited by JasonTakeshi : 02-03-2010 at 01:55 AM.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

02-03-2010, 02:13 AM

Deep . . .

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

02-03-2010, 03:29 PM

@JasonTakeshi: Are you nuts? Do you know anything about parents-kids relationship? Parents primary concern is their child's life not their happiness.

Go ask your parents if you're in doubt. They'll be surprised how you don't know such a basic thing.

Quote:
(#50 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

02-03-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
@JasonTakeshi: Are you nuts? Do you know anything about parents-kids relationship? Parents primary concern is their child's life not their happiness.

Go ask your parents if you're in doubt. They'll be surprised how you don't know such a basic thing.
You didn't even bother to read what i've wrote, did you?

Anyway, i wont go any farther. You're obviously trolling now.