LinkBack Thread Tools
(#61 (permalink))
Old
Yojimbo (Offline)
New to JF

11-24-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
You are saying one in three babies in Latin America dies?

I think you need to check your sources.

Latin American Infant Mortality Rates
Well i try to use reliable sources but if you dont find that rate you quote wrong, you can see UNESCO confirms 0% Child Malnutrition in Cuba. (Which is the basic reason of child deaths in poor countries)

UNICEF Confirms: in CUBA, 0% Child Malnutrition - English pravda.ru

Can give a clue.

And thanks for your comment

BTW; even James Wolfensohn (president of World Bank) accepted Cuba did great job in health-care system.

EDIT: Another link
Health Care in Cuba

EDIT 2: Infant Mortality rate of Cuba is % 0,5-0,6, not %5-6. I corrected it thank you for warning m8.

Last edited by Yojimbo : 11-24-2010 at 10:59 PM.
(#62 (permalink))
Old
protheus (Offline)
Arthur et Les Minimoys

Send a message via Yahoo to protheus
11-24-2010, 10:42 PM

Anyone remembers "Bay of Pigs"?

Reverse psychology, "dear Watson", reverse psychology.
"Manganese? Is that manga language?" - lol?
(#63 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-24-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
Well i try to use reliable sources but if you dont find that rate you quote wrong, you can see UNESCO confirms 0% Child Malnutrition in Cuba. (Which is the basic reason of child deaths in poor countries)

UNICEF Confirms: in CUBA, 0% Child Malnutrition - English pravda.ru

Can give a clue.

And thanks for your comment

BTW; even James Wolfensohn (president of World Bank) accepted Cuba did great job in health-care system.

EDIT: Another link
Health Care in Cuba
I am not disagreeing with you about conditions in Cuba, all I am saying is that you lose credibility when you say 32% of babies in Latin America die, when chances are it is 32/1000 babies, though the statistics I showed have no single countries that high except for Bolivia.

I think most Americans under 40 are not taught a negative impression of Cuba. They are taught no impression.
(#64 (permalink))
Old
Yojimbo (Offline)
New to JF

11-24-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I am not disagreeing with you about conditions in Cuba, all I am saying is that you lose credibility when you say 32% of babies in Latin America die, when chances are it is 32/1000 babies, though the statistics I showed have no single countries that high except for Bolivia.

I think most Americans under 40 are not taught a negative impression of Cuba. They are taught no impression.
You misunderstood me m8. Like I state in EDIT part, the resource i used made a simple typing mistake. I wrote "%6 in Cuba, %32 in Latin America", instead of " % 0,6 in Cuba, in Latin America %0,32". If i meant to make a false Cuban propaganda i wouldnt write Cuba's rate false either aint i? =) I'm trying to be objective as much as i can. Those rates getting lower for both Cuba and Latin America of course with health-care getting better.

And about Americans, i meant media in USA makes a false propaganda against Cuba and bias American people's ideas about Cuba. When i discussed Americans about Cuba, i can see that misinformation. Of course not every American think same way Long story short, it was about media. But if you think Americans under 40 dont think same way about Cuba, thats just good news

Last edited by Yojimbo : 11-24-2010 at 11:15 PM.
(#65 (permalink))
Old
Cihan (Offline)
New to JF

Think before you speak - 11-25-2010, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiuchimu View Post
I personally believe it is in Japanese best interest to distance ourselves from the U.S.

1) have our own military and have the U.S. forces leave
2) work on closer ties with China and SEA.
3) don't depend on the U.S. market, work on markets everywhere.
4) Balance the economy by importing far less expensive fashion goods.

Japan doesn't have to be a huge economy to have a healthy economy and we wouldn't need U.S. protection from our neighbors if we didn't side with the U.S. in the first place.
Dood that's a bad idea, distancing yourself from the US will get you owned. I'm not saying Japanese guitars suck Ibanez and esp are awesome. But what about Fender and Gibson? Guitars aren't a fashion item. P.S. I've been to Turkey, Ps3s and Wii's are like 1000 dollars so watch yourself brother.
(#66 (permalink))
Old
HikoSeijuro (Offline)
New to JF

11-26-2010, 07:25 AM

Quote:
we wouldn't need U.S. protection from our neighbors if we didn't side with the U.S. in the first place.
Maybe Japan shouldn't have attacked Pearl Harbor or tried to take over the world.

Maybe the USA should have raped, pillaged, killed or enslaved every Japanese person after WWII like Japan was notorious for doing in the past.

Then Japan wouldn't have to worry about fitting in because it would be the 51st State.

And to further the Devil's Advocate roleplay: Let's say Japan took over USA rather than what happened...does Japan rebuild the USA, protect her with military might, and makes her a power house in the world economy...all the while letting her Govern herself?

Life is a marathon; not a 40 yard dash.

A superior psychology, mastery of self, and a clean arse are the keys to happiness.
(#67 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-26-2010, 01:45 PM

FYI- Chiuchimu left this site. Responding to him is pointless.

PS- WW2 happened 60-70 years ago. Some people need to get the f*ck over it. That's all I'm going to say. You want my further opinion on this nationalist American perspective that seems to be so common then read the rest of the thread to find out.
(#68 (permalink))
Old
zainab (Offline)
New to JF

11-26-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai007 View Post
Let me answer those individually:

1) The Japanese already have the self-defense forces, and it's one of the more powerful militaries in the world. I think Japan and the US should have more of a partnership, with Japan assuming more responsibility and the US slowly phasing back, but still keeping a military presence there as a deterrent to attacks from NK and China.

2) They can and should work on repairing relations with China and SEA, but not replace the US with those ties. If China and SEA demand that Japan be hostile to or overly critical of the US in order to be friends, then they aren't friends at all.

3) Yes, of course they should look for markets everywhere. I think products made in Japan can be found all over the world... surely Europe and other places have Sony and other Japanese items.

4) I don't think you balance the economy by allowing or disallowing things to be imported. If a company sends its goods to Japan and they don't sell, then they won't send them as much or at all. If they do sell, they'll send them. Some Japanese are very fashion-conscious and only want expensive brand-name goods. I think the culture needs to become more accepting of non-label goods in order for those items to stop selling as much. Banning their imports will just create a craze to get them, like it used to be with Levi jeans.

As for your final comment, it's ridiculously naive to think that "not being friends with the US" will appease neighbors like North Korea. In fact, that will be like waving a red cape in front of a bull...

i think that also ..

try to do the hardest work to be a scsseful person
(#69 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post 12-27-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
And about Americans, i meant media in USA makes a false propaganda against Cuba and bias American people's ideas about Cuba. When i discussed Americans about Cuba, i can see that misinformation.
One could see it on any US political-related forum.....
(#70 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

02-28-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
I personally believe it is in Japanese best interest to distance ourselves from the U.S.

1) have our own military and have the U.S. forces leave
2) work on closer ties with China and SEA.
3) don't depend on the U.S. market, work on markets everywhere.
4) Balance the economy by importing far less expensive fashion goods.

Japan doesn't have to be a huge economy to have a healthy economy and we wouldn't need U.S. protection from our neighbors if we didn't side with the U.S. in the first place.

Heck no! China and Russia will take over Japan right after we quit depending on America. It's much better to be a biyaatch of America rather than being slave of China and Russia. I hope Japan will be a true independent country with enough power to protect ourselves and enough money to feed ourselves oneday tho.

Jah Rastafaaari. Yeah pasta for life

Last edited by tipsygypsy : 02-28-2011 at 08:51 AM.