(#21 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

Send a message via Skype™ to MuRaSaKiiNkI
10-07-2010, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
... I would travel anywhere, given the proper chance.
Amen! Second that! ^_^

(#22 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

10-07-2010, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
I've traveled a bit ...
I also want to go back to some countries and explore more areas.
Dang, how'd you get to go to all those places?? That's AMAZING!

(#23 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

10-07-2010, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
Maybe it's unintended but you sound resentful.

I think the gist of this thread is a very simple where do you want to go and where have you been - not some long winded opinion piece about experiences and feelings. How about participating in the thread as requested by the person who started it rather than bending it to suit you?
To Dogsbody: Yeah, you did sound a little off, since you didn't post anything, and just jumped in. Plus, it's kind of a tangent. But, I didn't think you were being resentful, if you were, I hope you realize this is not how it works. It's a very simple idea, and only meant to broaden everyone's understandings of the world, and all the cool places we've been and plan to go ^_^

To Edelweiss: Love the name, btw, and we can talk about opinions IF it helps understand the travel experience. This is a discussion thread, so as long as it doesn't get too opinionated, you can share some..."personal insight" ^_^

Thanks for posting all!

(#24 (permalink))
Old
Kandierain15 (Offline)
Mizu No Megami♥

10-07-2010, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuRaSaKiiNkI View Post
Places I've been:

Seattle, Washington
Kapa'a, Kauai, Hawai'i
San Francisco, CA
Las Angeles, CA
Las Vegas, Nevada
Sierra Nevada
Baja California, Mexico
Tennessee Aquarium
Grand Rapids, MI
Detroit, MI
Bay City, MI
Frankenmuth, MI (with the giant Christmas store all-year round)
Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH
King's Island in Cincinnati, OH
Chicago, Illinois

Places I plan to go:
Japan (Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Sapporo, Fukuoka, etc)
China (Beijing, Shanghai)
UK (Scotland, Tower of London, Castles, Literature)
Ireland (everything)
Spain (siestas, boyfriend's family, Madrid, Barcelona, etc.)
India (food, curry, Delhi, Taj Mahal)
Africa (safari, South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria)
South America (zip lining, tropics, GOOD coffee, Spanish, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Venezuela, etc)
Egypt!
Just had to comment. You've been to my cityy! How'd you like Cincinnati? =]

8/21/09
(#25 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

10-07-2010, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandierain15 View Post
Just had to comment. You've been to my cityy! How'd you like Cincinnati? =]
It was rainy the first couple days, lol ^_^ but I enjoyed it, it was much like Grand Rapids, MI where I lived. :P Loved King's Island! We didn't have much time for anything else tho >_< sorry to say

(#26 (permalink))
Old
Kandierain15 (Offline)
Mizu No Megami♥

10-07-2010, 02:46 AM

I've sadly,, only been to:
Columbus, OH
through different parts of Tennessee,
Huntsville, Alabama
Eastern Indiana(country),
all over Kentucky,,

I'd love to go to:
Japan,
Holland,
Venice, California (my mom lived there),
and Gary, Indiana (My best friend lives there. I'd love to surprise him one day with a visit)

8/21/09
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Kandierain15 (Offline)
Mizu No Megami♥

10-07-2010, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuRaSaKiiNkI View Post
It was rainy the first couple days, lol ^_^ but I enjoyed it, it was much like Grand Rapids, MI where I lived. :P Loved King's Island! We didn't have much time for anything else tho >_< sorry to say
Ouchh. I hate when it rains.
But King's Island is really the one place to go. Unless you want to visit Downtown(crowded with people).
Everyone crosses the bridge to Newport, Kentucky. xD

8/21/09
(#28 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-07-2010, 05:02 AM

My travels thus far have mostly been to see mountains and either ski or climb them.

So far I've travelled to;

Australia - My home country and have travelled just about everywhere in the country except for far North Queensland and NW Western Australia. Both areas are damned hot and I have no real intention of ever going (I'm not that keen on hot places)

South America - Been to Peru, Bolivia, Brazil, Argentina and Chile. Spent over 6 months down there with about half that time hiking and climbing mountains along the Andes. Climbed a 6,100m mountain in Bolivia. Far southern Argentina and Chile, the area known as Patagonia was my favourite region. Nothing more spectacular as far as I'm concerned than massive glaciers flowing right down into the ocean.

Canada - Spent a season working for a heli-ski company in Revelstoke in British Columbia. Did a little travel around BC and just into Alberta to some major ski areas. Did a fair bit of backcountry skiing around Rogers Pass.

Nepal - Did a month long trek in the Annapurna region getting up to Annapurna base camp and doing the circuit of the range.

India - Have been a couple of times. First time was just a normal sightseeing trip seeing things like the Taj Mahal and frankly more temples, forts and other man made structures than I can possibly remember. 2nd trip was into the Kulu Valley for a couple of months doing ski mountaineering trips to some of the major peaks in the region. Amazing place.

Vietnam and Thailand - Saw a reasonable amount of both countries but spent a lot of time just relaxing on beaches. Spent about a month in each country.

New Zealand - been numerous times for skiing both on the North and South islands.

Japan - Spent a couple of months down on Honshu but the rest of the near 7 years I've been here up in Hokkaido. Finally living the dream of living and working at a ski resort. Have travelled fairly extensively around the isalnd. A truly beautiful part of the world.

I wish to travel to;

For some years I've been planning a trip to far western Mongolia to climb and ski in the mountains there. Might be able to get a group together to do it within the next 2 years.

I want to travel to Europe to see The Alps, sort of last of the worlds great mountain ranges that I've yet to see. Of course I'd like to climb a few peaks and ski them whilst there.

Really want to go to Antarctica. A friend of mine who I've done mountaineering trips with before is a pilot down there so I'm hoping to work something out with him to get a bit of time down on the frozen continent.

Last edited by GoNative : 10-07-2010 at 06:18 AM.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

10-07-2010, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandierain15 View Post
I've sadly,, only been to:
Columbus, OH
through different parts of Tennessee,
Huntsville, Alabama
Eastern Indiana(country),
all over Kentucky,,

I'd love to go to:
Japan,
Holland,
Venice, California (my mom lived there),
and Gary, Indiana (My best friend lives there. I'd love to surprise him one day with a visit)
It's okay, if you haven't traveled much, at least I hope you check into this thread to comment on some other places people have gone to! And I've never been to Alabama, Kentucky, or Indiana, but I hear it's pretty rural :P

Holland? Never heard of that yet, why Holland? Besides all the sweets and pastries, lol.

(#30 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

10-07-2010, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
For some years I've been planning a trip to far western Mongolia to climb and ski in the mountains there. Might be able to get a group together to do it within the next 2 years.

I want to travel to Europe to see The Alps, sort of last of the worlds great mountain ranges that I've yet to see. Of course I'd like to climb a few peaks and ski them whilst there.

Really want to go to Antarctica. A friend of mine who I've done mountaineering trips with before is a pilot down there so I'm hoping to work something out with him to get a bit of time down on the frozen continent.
You seem like a very adventurous and athletic individual, lol! So much climbing, skiing, and hiking @_@ I'd probably collapse from exhaustion! What's one place you'd suggest for someone less adventurous--like me!

Thanks for posting all, and add some pics if you have them, I'd love to see what all these places looked like--a picture's a thousand words!