(#31 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

Send a message via Skype™ to MuRaSaKiiNkI
10-07-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinRossTso View Post
The reason I can travel so much is that my mom works for Air Canada... (but that also means waiting for free seats... so I ended up staying up the whole night in Vancouver airport because the flight got cancelled... ;/)
Dude, still, that's awesome! :P Lucky~

(#32 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
10-07-2010, 09:51 AM

When I was about 8-9 years old, I had this world atlas (I've still got it, 10 years later), with pictures of the type of things to be found there, I loved it & it made me want to travel all around the world. It would be expensive, but I think the amount of cool stuff you'd see & experience would make up for it.

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#33 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-07-2010, 12:20 PM

Many young people go backpacking,
(#34 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-07-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
Maybe it's unintended but you sound resentful.

I think the gist of this thread is a very simple where do you want to go and where have you been - not some long winded opinion piece about experiences and feelings. How about participating in the thread as requested by the person who started it rather than bending it to suit you?
No no at all why should I be resentful-- but why not talk about places you have been to after all isn't that the point-- not just posting a number of places you have been to-- The point is: did you have time to actually spend good time in these countries. WHy did you visit them and what did you learn or dislike?

Just listing names is like having a collection. Lets hear about these places.

even in our country I suspect many residents do not really know the country well. Walking and cycling is a good way to explore.

Tell me of Adventures you have had? How well do you know your own country?

well why visit anywhere unless it means something to you?

Many travellers write books about their travels.

One of my grand daughters works for an airline-- travels all over the world-- but seldom has time to explore.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 10-07-2010 at 12:27 PM.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

10-07-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboP26 View Post
When I was about 8-9 years old, I had this world atlas (I've still got it, 10 years later), with pictures of the type of things to be found there, I loved it & it made me want to travel all around the world. It would be expensive, but I think the amount of cool stuff you'd see & experience would make up for it.
Kinda sounds like how I got a world map as wide as I am tall (around 6ft), and I have kept it since middle school. It's so big, I just stare at it sometimes, and imagine I'm a little dot on that map, and everything seems so big all-of-a-sudden, lol! That was such a cool feeling, that's why I believe in traveling! Yeah, it gets expensive, but sooo worth it, no?

(#36 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

10-07-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
Just listing names is like having a collection. Lets hear about these places.

even in our country I suspect many residents do not really know the country well. Walking and cycling is a good way to explore.

Tell me of Adventures you have had? How well do you know your own country?

well why visit anywhere unless it means something to you?

Many travellers write books about their travels.

One of my grand daughters works for an airline-- travels all over the world-- but seldom has time to explore.
I completely agree, in fact, I changed the rules to facilitate this kind of discussion, well said dogsbody!

I would have to say my favorite place is Hawai'i, hands down. It's so peaceful there, you'd think people didn't get angry or anything. They do, but it's so reserved and the tension kind of evaporates when you realize that you're surrounded by tropical paradise, golden sandy beaches, and rolling waves as far as the eye can see. I'm disappointed I don't have any pictures to show you guys, but it was awesome.

My family used to have big parties. We would roast a pig in the ground on hot rocks, tea leaves, with more tea leaves on top, plastic wrap, and dirt. They'd basically bury the pig in a big earth oven, and take it out at night to cut up and serve with spinach, lumpia, and pineapple cake. My uncle had a farm (and still has), so I would help pick bananas, papaya, and cut myself on pineapple leaves. It rained a lot too, so I always have a fondness for rain now, even in cold Michigan! :P And there was also a lot of thunder and lightning, which I don't like very much >_<

(#37 (permalink))
Old
Kandierain15 (Offline)
Mizu No Megami♥

10-07-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuRaSaKiiNkI View Post
It's okay, if you haven't traveled much, at least I hope you check into this thread to comment on some other places people have gone to! And I've never been to Alabama, Kentucky, or Indiana, but I hear it's pretty rural :P

Holland? Never heard of that yet, why Holland? Besides all the sweets and pastries, lol.
I want to go to Holland because I'm mostly Dutch I found out,, and sooo.. I wanna see the country my race is from mostly. =3 Plus the pastries. xD

And yes,, when I was going through those states in the bus, it was MILES of grass and stuff. Ughh. But the scenery is very pretty. And the Space Center in Alabama(where I was headed for the whole point of the trip) was absolutely amazing.

8/21/09
(#38 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

10-07-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandierain15 View Post
I want to go to Holland because I'm mostly Dutch I found out,, and sooo.. I wanna see the country my race is from mostly. =3 Plus the pastries. xD

And yes,, when I was going through those states in the bus, it was MILES of grass and stuff. Ughh. But the scenery is very pretty. And the Space Center in Alabama(where I was headed for the whole point of the trip) was absolutely amazing.
lol, you "found out" you were Dutch? XD How was it? Do you have any extended family still there?

Dude, I love space centers~and astronomy! That must have been F-U-N

(#39 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

10-07-2010, 09:58 PM

A California beach at Half Moon Bay, where my great aunt and uncle live

I miss the beach so much! ;_;

(#40 (permalink))
Old
Kandierain15 (Offline)
Mizu No Megami♥

10-07-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuRaSaKiiNkI View Post
lol, you "found out" you were Dutch? XD How was it? Do you have any extended family still there?

Dude, I love space centers~and astronomy! That must have been F-U-N
I never asked my mom why I was pale with freckles because I totally assumed I was Irish. Nope. Did a family tree/where we're all from project thing in school and when my mom saw my paper with Irish as one of our family races, she was completely shocked. xD
Andd nahh, I don't think I have family there. I'd just like to see if my paleness resembles them any in person.

I was at the space center with a group of people from school so we were allowed to use the machines where you spin all around in a big circle thing. Weird and confusing I know,, but so fun. It's a great place. You should totally visit it one day. =3

Oh and wow! You've been to California! How was it?

8/21/09