(#41 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

Send a message via Skype™ to MuRaSaKiiNkI
10-07-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandierain15 View Post

Oh and wow! You've been to California! How was it?
lol, I lived there, so it was cool but annoying. The beaches are amazing, lived by San Francisco and we got a lot of fog sometimes, but I loved seeing the Air show with the jets flying above the pier. It's pretty hot in the summer, and reaches around 105-degrees F. California, I'll have to say, has a great variety of climates. It's most known for the hot, dry weather, and cool, crisp Northern weather, but we also have Tahoe, which has snow most of the year, and tropical parts like along the Southern coast. ^_^ I loved living there, don't like the pollution and stuck-up people though, Michigan's much more laid-back and accepting. You're definitely never bored! lol

(#42 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-08-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuRaSaKiiNkI View Post
I completely agree, in fact, I changed the rules to facilitate this kind of discussion, well said dogsbody!

I would have to say my favorite place is Hawai'i, hands down. It's so peaceful there, you'd think people didn't get angry or anything. They do, but it's so reserved and the tension kind of evaporates when you realize that you're surrounded by tropical paradise, golden sandy beaches, and rolling waves as far as the eye can see. I'm disappointed I don't have any pictures to show you guys, but it was awesome.

My family used to have big parties. We would roast a pig in the ground on hot rocks, tea leaves, with more tea leaves on top, plastic wrap, and dirt. They'd basically bury the pig in a big earth oven, and take it out at night to cut up and serve with spinach, lumpia, and pineapple cake. My uncle had a farm (and still has), so I would help pick bananas, papaya, and cut myself on pineapple leaves. It rained a lot too, so I always have a fondness for rain now, even in cold Michigan! :P And there was also a lot of thunder and lightning, which I don't like very much >_<

How fantastic -- by the way is there a shorter nickname we can call you please?

I love the descriptions you have given. Those parties sound like "SOMETHING ELSE". what great experiences and Hawaii sure seems Heaven on earth.

thanks a lot. PS: Have you ever read any of James A Michener's books. His descriptions of countries and how they evolved was fantastic. The SOURCE and Centennial among many others-- I am pretty sure he wrote also about Hawaii?
(#43 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

10-11-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
How fantastic -- by the way is there a shorter nickname we can call you please?

I love the descriptions you have given. Those parties sound like "SOMETHING ELSE". what great experiences and Hawaii sure seems Heaven on earth.

thanks a lot. PS: Have you ever read any of James A Michener's books. His descriptions of countries and how they evolved was fantastic. The SOURCE and Centennial among many others-- I am pretty sure he wrote also about Hawaii?
Ah, no I haven't read Michener's books, but I can certainly check it out, I'm an avid reader, so sounds like a good project! Oh, my title, translated, is "Number One Mura-chan," so feel free to call me Mura. It means village, and it's in my user name and my actual name Nakamura, lol :P

(#44 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-11-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Ah, no I haven't read Michener's books, but I can certainly check it out, I'm an avid reader, so sounds like a good project! Oh, my title, translated, is "Number One Mura-chan," so feel free to call me Mura. It means village, and it's in my user name and my actual name Nakamura, lol :P

thanks Mura-- that makes it so much easier. Yes do read Michener if you can find his books. He was a great american writer and wrote about many countries. The beginnings can be slow going but well worth while. He did a terrific amount of research and there is so much history.

Here in UK Centennial was an ongoing series for a very long time. THE SOURCE was the first I read-- it is very long but so worthwhile-- the kind of book that makes others seem really feeble.
(#45 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

10-11-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
thanks Mura-- that makes it so much easier. Yes do read Michener if you can find his books. He was a great american writer and wrote about many countries. The beginnings can be slow going but well worth while. He did a terrific amount of research and there is so much history.

Here in UK Centennial was an ongoing series for a very long time. THE SOURCE was the first I read-- it is very long but so worthwhile-- the kind of book that makes others seem really feeble.
Anything helpful in these books? Like interesting tidbits of information for fellow travelers like me, looking to spread their wings?

(#46 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
10-11-2010, 10:13 PM

I've just thought. I'd love to travel around Germany. And visit California

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#47 (permalink))
Old
Dayanx (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Dayanx
10-11-2010, 11:20 PM

I've been to Cancun, Mexico- before the gulf cartel went nuts and the army had to spoil the fun in the sun. Also visited Roataan island, Honduras. It was fun but I picked up a case on Dengue Fever. Saw some killer Mayan ruins though.

I'd LOVE to go do a tour of asia some day- Korea and Japan especially. alas I'm now almost perpetually broke.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

10-12-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayanx View Post
I've been to Cancun, Mexico- before the gulf cartel went nuts and the army had to spoil the fun in the sun. Also visited Roataan island, Honduras. It was fun but I picked up a case on Dengue Fever. Saw some killer Mayan ruins though.

I'd LOVE to go do a tour of asia some day- Korea and Japan especially. alas I'm now almost perpetually broke.
How'd ya get to go to Mexico and Honduras? School? Family? Lived there?

Lol, aren't we all broke? :P The major killer to any planned trip

(#49 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

10-12-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboP26 View Post
I've just thought. I'd love to travel around Germany. And visit California
:P Cali is, like, 80% desert, tho! >_< and smoggy, not to back my own folks' place, but it's not a fun place to be, especially in the majorly congested places

(#50 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
10-12-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
:P Cali is, like, 80% desert, tho! >_< and smoggy, not to back my own folks' place, but it's not a fun place to be, especially in the majorly congested places
Maybe not 'California' then, L.A. at least. I know there's probably lots of bad points, but it would be interesting. Not the place I want to go the most, by far. But if someone said 'Here's a ticket for L.A. Go & experience it, then tell us your thoughts', I'd snap that ticket out their hand

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)