(#61 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

Send a message via Skype™ to MuRaSaKiiNkI
10-16-2010, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboP26 View Post
Maybe not 'California' then, L.A. at least. I know there's probably lots of bad points, but it would be interesting. Not the place I want to go the most, by far. But if someone said 'Here's a ticket for L.A. Go & experience it, then tell us your thoughts', I'd snap that ticket out their hand
Lol, that is a picture of LA XD But yeah, it's a good experience, not my cup a tea :P You'll never be bored at least, but people are too artificial for me, love MI better than that place

(#62 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

Send a message via Skype™ to MuRaSaKiiNkI
10-16-2010, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp1984 View Post
Hey all!
My name is Lisa, I'm new here.
@_@ that's a lot of places! :P I've only ever been to a few places in the US, I have yet to travel overseas. ^_^ You're pretty lucky!

Definitely would also like to go to Spain, my boyfriend's family's there, and it sounds like Heaven with siestas and seafood...mmmm....

*drools*

(#63 (permalink))
Old
lmp1984 (Offline)
New to JF

10-16-2010, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuRaSaKiiNkI View Post
@_@ that's a lot of places! :P I've only ever been to a few places in the US, I have yet to travel overseas. ^_^ You're pretty lucky!

Definitely would also like to go to Spain, my boyfriend's family's there, and it sounds like Heaven with siestas and seafood...mmmm....

*drools*
Yeah, I want to go cos' of the food as well!! And the cultural side of Spain sounds amazing!! My husband and I have just made up a huge list of places we want to visit in the next few years, before we have kids. All those places are on our list....though we will probably leave out South America and Mexico, as they really aren't the safest places in the world!!
Australians do travel a lot, I guess it's because we are so far away from any other country. But hey, if I lived in America, I'd try and see as much of it as possible!! THEN I'd start travelling overseas - your so close to Europe! It takes us over 24 hours to get to Europe, so we will need a lot of time to see as much of it as possible as travelling back and forth is a bit of a pain!
(#64 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
10-16-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Lol, that is a picture of LA XD But yeah, it's a good experience, not my cup a tea :P You'll never be bored at least, but people are too artificial for me, love MI better than that place
I thought it was. lol. I'm sure there are a few places in the U.S. I'd like, but I've not really dug deep enough to find any. lol. Too pre-occupied looking at pictures & information of Japan. XD That is truly the one country that wherever I am, I'll be happy

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#65 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-16-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmp1984 View Post
Hey all!
My name is Lisa, I'm new here.
Places I've been -
Bangkok.
Phuket
Ko Samui
Chang Mai
Hong Kong
New York
Seattle
Chicago
LA
San Fran
Las Vegas
Memphis
Wellington (New Zealand)
Chirstchurch (NZ)
Nelson (Nz)
Picton (NZ)
Sydney
Perth
Adelaide
Queensland

Places I want to go -
Tokyo (in a few weeks - YAY!)
Mexico
Austin, Texas
New Orleans
Philly
Boston
Oregon
Vancouver
Quebec
Toronto
London
Manchester
Italy (all around)
Malta
Paris
Spain
South America (all around)
Hmm...I think that does it! Really interested in seeing all I can of the States, as it's a great holiday and our dollar is SO good over there now (I'm an Aussie)
Oh, and of course, a lot more of Japan!

Oh, and all the 'big bugs' in Australian thing - it's not THAT bad! Sure, if you go in the bush you'll get attacked, but if you're just wandering round the city, it's not a problem! The funnies things I've been asked by people overseas about Australian are - "Do you own an aboriginal?" and "What language do you speak in Australia?" I was quite stunned really! - I'll say that our culture is like a cross between British and American. I think it's a great combination, and you get the best of both worlds! (though I'm sure people will debate me on the culture cross, but that's just what I think!)
Cheers all!
Lisa.

How did you travel to all these places and did you have time to really explore? what [place in particular excited you and you would like to return to?
(#66 (permalink))
Old
protheus (Offline)
Arthur et Les Minimoys

Send a message via Yahoo to protheus
10-16-2010, 02:19 PM

Until now I travelled just 1% from what I want to see in my lifetime:

First i've started with my country, Romania (a few photos Picasa Web Albums - Catalin C. ), after i finished visiting everything here i began the route thru Europe:

Hungary
-> Budapest (first time i got lost on tranzit while passing thru, but ended up staying there for a few days, because driving around to find my way, i saw some places worth the time visiting)

Austria
-> Wien (ahh, the best place for winter visit).

Germany
-> Nurnberg (worth the time, even though its considered to be just another town)
-> Melk (the Castle here is the most incredible one i visited, whith the orga hanging from the side of the inside balcony, just as at another point i visited)
-> Koln, i'm a bit upset because i only got 1 days for staying here, i only got to visit the well know Cathedral (its incredible, the hight, the style, the history, the biggest orga i have ever seen), the train station, with all the shops found under the level of the trains (i mean, trains are passing above your head, and you can hear and feel them).

Belgium
-> Wallonia side, the french half of the country, visited all through, found the site near Le Mans where all the Caterpillar huge machines gather (its where they get build) , visited Waterloo (the Lion statue is situated on a man made hill, which seems small from looking at it, but its a hard time walking all the steps up there - its the symbol of the battle that occured here, and which Napoleon lost).
-> Bruxelles area, took a few days to see everything, but it worth all the trouble, since i learned and saw so much of Belgium's history.

The next one in my list is Italy, next UK, and after that, Japan (here it depends on how long will I be allowed to be legally staying, but I'm hoping for 3 months, since it has so much to teach me).

Reverse psychology, "dear Watson", reverse psychology.
"Manganese? Is that manga language?" - lol?
(#67 (permalink))
Old
mira (Offline)
JF Regular

10-16-2010, 08:06 PM

I have been stuck in the hell hole I live in now my entire life, with a lot of bad people around me. I haven't experiences anything exciting or been any places where I didn't feel dead like this. BUT that will all change in 2 years when I am an adult and can see the world that has been waiting for me! I want to visit sooo many places and meet so many people and learn a lot!
There is a lot more to the story of mine beyond that little paragraph! It would be too much to write to write about the place I am now and ALLLL the places I want/need to go! But here are some countries, but know there are a lot of cities and areas I want to go to inside those countries, and reasons behind them all..
Japan
South Korea
Italy
Vietnam
Austria
Chile
Spain
The Netherlands
France
Mexico
Denmark
Ireland
Jamaica
Scotland
United Kingdom
Hong Kong
Sweden

ohhh and there is so much more! I am sure more will be added as I live!

Last edited by mira : 10-16-2010 at 08:17 PM.
(#68 (permalink))
Old
lmp1984 (Offline)
New to JF

10-17-2010, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
How did you travel to all these places and did you have time to really explore? what [place in particular excited you and you would like to return to?
To be honest, I haven't travelled that much compared to my other fellow Aussies. Most have been to America, Europe, and the growing trend at the moment seems to be South America with people my age.
I absolutely love America. I think it's such a big, diverse country, it's easy to travel around, and it's cheap and easier to get to, compared to Europe. Seattle was my favourite, just really good people, food and atmosphere. Really laid back and cool. Lots of great records stores too, which made my husband a happy man!! - We only had three days in Seattle, so we are heading back there this time next year, and to also visit Portland, Oregon, which is supposed to be just as cool.
Thailand, I visited when I was a kid. My Dad is obsessed with the place, but I wasn't a fan of the poverty and the heat - I mean, what seven year old would be?! We are going to Bangkok again soon though, because Dad swears it's changed in the ten years since I've been there...I'll let you know what I think!!
I guess I got to explore most places on that list, having about three days in each round about. I've spent quite a bit of time in New York, which is stunning, but I think I can leave it alone for the time being! More of America is waiting for me to explore. Oh, and I really liked LA! Didn't think I would, but could really feel the 60s/70s vibe in the air there, and I loved the grittiness of it, the spanish/mexican influence, and the people were lovely!
So yes, I hope you enjoyed my essay! If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to answer them about the above cities/countrys!
(#69 (permalink))
Old
mira (Offline)
JF Regular

10-17-2010, 03:03 AM

Quote:
:P Cali is, like, 80% desert, tho! >_< and smoggy, not to back my own folks' place, but it's not a fun place to be, especially in the majorly congested places
It's not really desert but I agree that it's not a fun place to be. Only good thing about it is it's beaches.
(#70 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
10-17-2010, 09:06 AM

Where am I going?
The future, of course.

Where have I been?
Where else but the past?

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.