JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
shu (Offline)
JF Wanker

Send a message via Yahoo to shu
12-18-2010, 08:25 PM

Julian Assange is a hero,the u.s govenment is evil.they destroy there own country then blame it on other people.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-21-2010, 05:10 AM

All governments by definition are evil, since they are all self serveing.

Yes, the CIA would remove anyone that they were told to remove. It's what they do.

Last edited by Ryzorian : 12-21-2010 at 05:18 AM.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

12-21-2010, 05:16 AM

The other intersting thing is how on earth does a low level soldier get info like that? That's all classiffied, it wouldn't even be on the computers he would have access to. Something bigger is going on here.

I suspect he was given the ino on purpose. It's probably an internal fight between different agencies. Since Homeland security was created to make sure all those groups "share" info with each other. Interestingly enough, soon as this came out those agencies stoped shareing as much.

Last edited by Ryzorian : 12-21-2010 at 05:18 AM.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

12-21-2010, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
The other intersting thing is how on earth does a low level soldier get info like that? That's all classiffied, it wouldn't even be on the computers he would have access to. Something bigger is going on here.

I suspect he was given the ino on purpose. It's probably an internal fight between different agencies. Since Homeland security was created to make sure all those groups "share" info with each other. Interestingly enough, soon as this came out those agencies stoped shareing as much.
Umm.. I think you're confusing the leaks if you mean the low level soldier as private Manning.

Private Manning was charged for releasing the Iraq war files.

The latest cables were not from him.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

12-23-2010, 04:49 AM

The current ones were State Department yes. I still think it's an internal fight between different agencies. ATF, CIA, FBI, DEA, DNR. who knows what half these agencies are really up to? They have stopped shareing info like they were under Homeland Security guidelines, citeing the "leaks" as thier reason, conviently.

I mention the DNR because of my weird experiance with them. I applied to be a park ranger since I had a dagree in Enviromental science and had served in the Military. My clearance wasn't high enough. I only had a 7 and you needed a 13 or higher to be considered. This. despite the fact I was a vet and had experiance with explosives no less. I don't think the state's Governor would have high enough clearance. Just what do they do up in those national parks anyway?
(#16 (permalink))
Old
john2kin (Offline)
New to JF

hero - 01-14-2011, 11:33 AM

he is a real hero .. he showed the real face of USA..
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

01-15-2011, 05:58 AM

Wich would be what? That the US army is highly trained and professional? That really isn't a surrprise to anyone who has delt with American troops. I suppose you could mean how it reveals that the US safeguards it's own interests the same as any nation? Wow, not really a surprise there either. Perhaps it show's how the US is one of the few nation's that actually tries to nation build?
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

01-15-2011, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
Wich would be what? That the US army is highly trained and professional? That really isn't a surrprise to anyone who has delt with American troops. I suppose you could mean how it reveals that the US safeguards it's own interests the same as any nation? Wow, not really a surprise there either. Perhaps it show's how the US is one of the few nation's that actually tries to nation build?
It confirms that the Iraq and Afghanistan occupation has been a complete mess and the US has tried to cover a lot of it up.

It also confirms that what the US says and what the US does are completely different things.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Smile ha, ha ! - 01-15-2011, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
I wouldn't have made it public, I would have gone to the US administration and accept any deal in exchange for the information in my power.
You are so naive
Take an offer and you will be labeled as terrorist with all further negative consequences.....
(#20 (permalink))
Old
duo797 (Offline)
異議あり!

Send a message via AIM to duo797
01-15-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2kin View Post
he is a real hero .. he showed the real face of USA..
That the US is spying on other countries? How is that a 'real face'. Most major countries conduct some sort of espionage, it's just easy to forget it ever happens if you never hear about it.